5.0 out of 5 stars Seagate 500Gb SATA drive
This drive was fitted as a data store to a newly constructed machine running under Windows 7. Truly plug-and-play, no problem with fitting or installing.
Published on 19 April 2012 by Mr. S. G. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Develops Bad Sectors Easily
Bought this Hard Drive in Jan 2012 for my new AMD desktop which I had assembled. By the end of April 2012, it developed 16 bad sectors already!!! And that too this hard drive was not put to much use. It appears that this hard drive is very unreliable. I am returning this to Amazon for refund.
Published on 27 April 2012 by Ashik Iqubal

1.0 out of 5 stars Develops Bad Sectors Easily, 27 April 2012
Ashik Iqubal (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seagate ST500DM002 3.5 inch 500GB Hard Drive (Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 16Mb, 7200RPM) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seagate 500Gb SATA drive, 19 April 2012
Mr. S. G. Smith "Sidney Smith" (Hampshire, Entgland) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars I would like to write a product review but..., 26 Nov 2011
studiobod (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
...the disk sold by Bentham Ltd was defective! This may be a one-off or a bad batch, so for the benefit of those who may be suffering read/write errors, poor data transfer rates and bad sectors, I suggest you download and run the rather useful SeaTools from Seagate's warranty section.

A word of warning to those unfortunate enough to have a disc generating an error code... Bentham Ltd require you to go through Seagate's RMA procedure rather than supply you with a replacement. This means returning it at your own expense and waiting 7 - 10 days... but first you'll need to read a 20 page packaging PDF (and no, bubble wrap will not suffice - so keep the original packaging!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Horrifed by the way Amazon packed this hard disk, 13 Sep 2012
Mr. N. Edwards "NiallEd" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I ordered 2 of these hard disks and was dismayed to see that Amazon had simply put them into one of their cardboard envelopes and sent them via UPS.

The first thing I did was download SeaTools from the Seagate web site to test them both.

Hard disks should ALWAYS be packed into some sort of shock absorbing packaging and I am astonished at Amazon as they haven't done this with other hard disks I have bought from them.

Fortunately, they both appear to be OK and as such represent very good value for money. The only trouble is that I imagine that Amazon will get a much higher 'Dead on arrival' rate because of the poor packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars hard disk, 2 May 2012
This seagate disk is quite and as usual with seagate disks does the job as you would expect.
i build pc's for friends and family and would recommend this disk and seagates other disks

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Drive, 17 April 2012
Item was great but was a little disappointed with the packaging which I thought was a little inadequite for sending a hard drive through the postal service and have it bounce on the tiles in my front hall. If there is a problem I shall be complaining greatly. The product its self is very good I have only used within the last few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 19 Aug 2013
It's a hard drive, works well. Don't know whether it's fast compared to others but I have installed it, and software with no problems, can't ask for anything more. Delivery was super fast.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast for a Hard Drive but has (for me) Severe vibration Problems!, 7 May 2013
This Seagate HDD is fast, and Windows 7 boots up in 35-40 seconds but I can't put it in my HDD cage without it shaking my house down, IT HAS HORRENDOUS VIBRATION ISSUES and for me to prevent this I used the elastic strap from a pair of old boxers, tied it around my DVD/Blu Ray Cage and as unsecure as it is up there it took down the awful noise and now my pc is pretty much silent. Would buy another HDD the noise/vibration with my hard drive was awful and the speed does not take away the fact I have a hard drive on an elastic strap from my boxers. 3/5

3.0 out of 5 stars Product OK Packaging was very Poor, 28 April 2013
The product works fine but this is no thanks to the appalling way it was packed. A hard drive is a sensitive piece of equipment and as such I would expect it to be carefully packed. It wasn't. It was loose in a box that was 10 times too big for it, which was then in an even larger box with a sparce amount of scrunched up paper. In short my view is: The product - five stars, Packing and delivery 0 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 3 Dec 2012
It was fitted and started working immediately - good piece of equipment - smaller than the main storage this covers Windows and system files - so needs to be reliable, which it has proved to be.