5.0 out of 5 stars the wonderful C J BOX
My husband bought me a kindle for Christmas and I purchased a few of the "Twelve Days Of Christmas " books for my new kindle .
I do doubt that I would have read C J Box otherwise . I was amazed . His descriptive abilities are fantastic. His hero Joe Pickett is a man we all know .Quiet unremarkable ,but possessed of the ability to see people as they really are .He...
Published on 15 Feb 2011 by Mystery Buff

3.0 out of 5 stars Three and a half stars
This book is good at the beginning and great towards the end. It is also nicely descriptive in places, where it needs to be. If only the remainder of the book was nearly as good it would deserve 5 stars. However, it does drag on, even though the story develops from time to time, but it manages to lose that momentum, until you are on the final straight.
Published 2 months ago by J Bannion

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
I'm not going to give a long account of the story. It's pretty well summed up, but want to add that I love this series of books.

The characters are real, the country beautiful and there’s always a good plot to keep you turning the pages.

Am slowly working my way through this series and hope that C J Box will keep getting ideas to keep Joe Pickett busy for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting , Awesome, Read, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This book deserves five stars as it one book I just couldn't put down!! Really enjoyed the interaction between all of the characters, plus snippets of Joe's family life!! Kept me on tenderhooks , thought Randy Pope was hiding something, wasn't until Joe went to see his old boss in jail and things started to slot into place. Will certainly be reading more of C. J. Box follow ups. Great reading and keeps the mind alert!!

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last!, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
I have read a few poor books recently in a bid to find some new authors. So to relieve the pressure, i went back to C J Box. Unfortunately, i havent read these in order which is a shacme and this is an earlier on but it is still worthy of 5 stars. One of the real skills of a thriller writer is to write about murders eyc without creating so much misery that the reader becomes depressed. This author had this skill in abundance and I would highly recommend this gripping book especially if you are on holiday or a long plane journey as it is difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The game warden sleuth who always gets his man!, 15 Jan 2014
Aphall "bookmaniac" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
I've read almost all Joe Picket books and this one is among the best. It leads you through the countryside on a roller coaster ride to find the truth about the grisly murders. C J Box never disappoints me. He's a master of the Montana/Wyoming huntin' shootin' mystery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good plot enjoyed the rural feel, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Loved the plot, just what I like to read, recommended to anyone who likes a murder story, loved the rural feel

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Gripping, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
I read Open Season eighteen months ago and liked it. So during the time that followed I picked up four other CJ Box books on Kindle (all at bargain prices). Obviously quite a lot has happened in the world of Joe Pickett since then, and perhaps I should have followed the advice of another reviewer and read the books in order. But having said that, this book is a good read in its own right and more than just a whodunit: it's interesting and serious too. The plot is certainly gripping, with various twists and turns.

I enjoyed this book and I'm glad I returned to CJ Box. I look forward to reading the others in my Kindle collection, though not immediately since I might feel a bit over-faced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Always a good read....., 4 Mar 2013
A. F. Prestwich (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
Another very enjoyable read from C.J.Box. Writes extremely well but it is the restricted environment in which he operates making it difficult to give more than three or four stars. It pays to have read all the Joe Pickett books to fully understand the characters as they come in and out but if you have, you generally look forward to the next. How much mileage there is in a Wyoming game warden's life remains to be seen and it helps to have his other character Nate on the fringe although I have been critical when Box focuses on him as the main player as the stories become a little over the top. I look forward to the next Joe Pickett to see where he takes us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood Trail - always wanted to go back to read more, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
Very good book, always wanted to go back to read more, good story, action filled with plenty going on from start to finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guilty Pleasures, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This novel, like others by CJ Box, is entirely absorbing. The plot that the author creates, starting off with the horrific scene of a brutally mutilated hunter's body drew me in quickly, and the horrors that follow seem so at odds with the setting that is brought to life so enticingly.

Some of the characterisation can be a touch exaggerated, but in a book that is ideal for escapism, that feels like not the worst criticism. I would definitely recommend the book for those who like a well-paced whodunnit, particularly those who enjoy a scenic backdrop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blood Trail (Joe Pickett series Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This was a good going and gripping story with characters who seemed well rounded. A story which I couldn't put down and needed to keep reading to reach a conclusion which wasn't immediately obvious.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›