on 29 July 2012
The blanket seemed just what we were looking for when we first opened it, looks good and was a good size for family of 4, but after my 2 small boys had spent 5 minutes playing toy cars on it, 2 holes had appeared in the blanket. On closer inspection the top cover is very thin and looks like it will be prone to pulling very easily. So all in all it's not that great.
on 17 September 2013
The only reason this review has two stars instead of one is because the delivery was quick and for £10 what did I really expect? The only thing that has held up to the family usage is the plastic cover it comes with!

#As soon as it was removed from the packet, you can tell straight away it's not great quality, howver I thought from the price it would be good for regular trips to the local park. However, after the first use, the tab with the velcro but that fastens the whole thing together ripped comepletely off. I thought I could sew this back on easily, but because of the flimsy material the tab ahad frayed so much that sewing was imposible.

I would no way use this rug for nice picnics, I have kept the item for 'rough' usage, such as carboot items for the floor, and for the kids to use in the garden. But I have had to buy a more expensive better quality item for family outings and picnics.

If you need a cheap and cheerful rug that you don't mind being easily ripped, then this is for you.
on 17 July 2012
Despite the good reviews the blanket was a major disappointment. It was damaged when it arrived even if the package and the the protective plastic bag it was in was not damaged. The fabric was damaged on several places where it has been folded and had a very cheep feel and smell to it. Amazon resolved it very smooth and swift and I give them five star for service.AA Car Essentials Picnic and Travel Blanket
on 22 July 2012
I was looking for a good size picnic blanket suitable for all the family and purchased this one after reading the good reviews. The product did not live up to expectations, it was much thinner than expected and blows away easily in the slightest wind. I have since seen better quality for half the price at local discount stores and wish I had waited.
on 7 August 2013
Disintegrated after using 15-20 times. Backing ripped and material tore apart despite careful use.
One star for the fact it is slightly bigger than most and feels like the perfect size. One star for the fact it rolls up easily and is light to carry. Would only recommend to people who are happy with semi-disposable products.
on 14 August 2012
We used it twice - once for about 25 mins on a hill and once for about half an hour in our own garden.

When I packed up the picnic blanket after using it in our garden and I waved it with my normal strength just to get the grass off the blanket in the air, part of the blanket was torn immediately!!!!!

It went to the bin since then... and that's the end of its life....

Not sure why people think it's "good quality", or did they say it looked "good quality" only?? The material is thin, which reminds me of some spiky grass did come through the blanket when we were sat on the hill the first time using it. It wasn't thorns and it was just spiky grass and it went through the blanket. I had to be very careful when I was moving around then. It has the thinnest PVC backing and the thinnest cloth you can get to make this ok-looking blanket.
on 8 August 2012
I guess you get what you pay for because what arrived this morning was a cheap, thin and flimsy blanket with the blue yarn already unravelling. It looks cheap and is obviously very poor quality. Had in seen it in the flesh, i never would have purchased it.
on 13 June 2013
This was ordered in error, as mainly wanted a blanket to be used whilst travelling on coaches, I found a more suitable one from IKea
on 30 April 2012
My daughter bought a travel rug recently and was so disappointed with its size and quality, So with her advice in mind I shopped more carefully and was delighted with my purchase for the same price!. Wrapped well in post, which helps, but the blanket comes in its own travel bag which is great for car and travelling. And its not hard to get back in the bag either which is another plus! The size of the blanket is good so we can now have a decent picnic on a waterproof blanket. Very pleased with the quality for the the money. It is only a picnic blanket after all but this rates well. Would recommend!
on 13 May 2016
Bought one of these years ago- and its lasted all that time.!! Takes up little room in car or your bag and is very comfortable to sit on and easy to fold up again. This one even came with its own carrier so even better. Ideal for beach or grass with waterproof underside to prevent soggy bottoms!!! A great product and a must buy for the summer!