on 6 December 2011
What a great kit to have in your car for any winter emergencies! I haven't yet, thankfully, needed to use it in such a situation, but I already tested the shovel when we had our first snow and was happy that it was sturdy and managed to scoop up big quantities at a time.

It cleverly comes with a vest too, because if you need to do some snow shoveling while your car is stuck somewhere at night, you want to make yourself as visible as possible.

The flashlight works well too, I used it a bit through the house just to see how strong it is, and I was happy to see it works swell.
I feel that this is a set that we all should be equipped with just to be safe, and it's so affordable too.

Also, the product was shipped very quickly and delivery was free in the UK. A great deal for a more comfortable winter.
on 9 December 2011
Bought this after last year when I needing to borrow a snow shovel to dig out my parked car away from home.

I bought the kit for £15, the shovel on its own was around £10, so thought the high visibility jacket, torch and blanket on top would be worth it.

The shovel itself is metal and good quality, folding up easily. The torch is very bright considering its only small, more useful for looking under the bonnet of the car or for use in the car, rather than hiking for help. The jacket, well its a jacket, one size fits all. The blanket would be good for 1 person, but it is relatively thin foil, and maybe worth using alongside a normal blanket if you were planning ahead, but as an emergency use thing you couldn't grumble.

The entire kit comes in a small bag, which would fit in the spare wheel/tools/jack area in your boot, so ease to just leave in the car for an emergency.
on 25 November 2011
After the snows of last winter, I decided to get a folding snow shovel to keep in the car. I spotted this little kit on amazon at a reduced price - at not much more than the cost of a folding shovel. This is a great kit to keep in the car - well worth the £14 I paid - however, not sure I would have paid the full price of £24 for it.
on 9 January 2012
Sturdy foldable snow shovel which compacts into a small packet. Thermal blanket is a good size and the whole kit fits neatly in the car.

Excellent quality and good value for moeny, along with fast delivery. Perfect.
on 28 October 2011
This kit is exceptionally great value and everything included, is essential - I think - to keep in the car boot in case of very bad weather, some items would be very useful even in other emergency situations. I've purchased this kit for my grandson, who has to drive a very, very long way to work to an area which is notorious for getting bad weather including snow as it is on the edge of Dartmoor, more than most areas in Devon where we live.
on 18 January 2012
With such a competative price for the four items packaged in a useful carrying case, each with other possible uses, it seems sensible to me that you should have this item permenantly in your car.
on 3 January 2014
Advert/listing states 'Dynamo Torch'...which is what I require in a kit that is going to be kept in the car to be used in the event of an emergency, after all it's not a lot of good if the batteries are flat when the 'emergency' occurs!

When the kit arrived I found the torch provided is a battery led...not dynamo.

Rest of kit seems as it should be, folding snow shovel was much heavier and appears stronger than my husband thought it might be. Neat zipped bag to keep it all in. So I have decided to keep the kit and buy another torch...a Dynamo one!
on 30 December 2011
This is a well-made and great gift - all of the contents of the strong bag work well and are neatly packed. It arrived on time and we love it.
on 4 April 2013
Almost everything that's needed when in a jam - and can be stowed away safely. I think a reflective triangle should also have been included to make this complete - though that is just a little extra I would have found useful to save having to go out and purchase it separately. I found the shovel useful recently when I got stuck in some mud following heavy snow fall and hadn't seen myself go off the road into the muddy grass verge - the shovel helped get me back on the road quickly. I also felt safe using the reflective jacket. I'm a big lass and it fitted me! The torch is very powerful and it was great to have the batteries included. I didn't have to use the foil blanket but it was great knowing it was there should I have needed it. In all the years I've been driving (30) I only bought this one in the past year - and I am glad I did - or else I would still be stuck in the snow and mud. An excellent product which I think all drivers should keep in the back of their vehicles.
on 19 December 2012
I bought it as a gift for my brother who lives in the north of England and often has to drive in snow and ice.
A really practical and inexpensive gift.

See one answered question