5.0 out of 5 stars Useful kit for snow troubles
What a great kit to have in your car for any winter emergencies! I haven't yet, thankfully, needed to use it in such a situation, but I already tested the shovel when we had our first snow and was happy that it was sturdy and managed to scoop up big quantities at a time.

Published on 6 Dec 2011 by EvansJJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the full price...
Published 20 months ago by Franni

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful kit for snow troubles, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: AA Car Essentials Winter Car Kit with Folding Snow Shovel (Automotive)

It cleverly comes with a vest too, because if you need to do some snow shoveling while your car is stuck somewhere at night, you want to make yourself as visible as possible.

The flashlight works well too, I used it a bit through the house just to see how strong it is, and I was happy to see it works swell.
I feel that this is a set that we all should be equipped with just to be safe, and it's so affordable too.

Also, the product was shipped very quickly and delivery was free in the UK. A great deal for a more comfortable winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good emergency car kit, 9 Dec 2011
Bought this after last year when I needing to borrow a snow shovel to dig out my parked car away from home.

I bought the kit for 15, the shovel on its own was around 10, so thought the high visibility jacket, torch and blanket on top would be worth it.

The shovel itself is metal and good quality, folding up easily. The torch is very bright considering its only small, more useful for looking under the bonnet of the car or for use in the car, rather than hiking for help. The jacket, well its a jacket, one size fits all. The blanket would be good for 1 person, but it is relatively thin foil, and maybe worth using alongside a normal blanket if you were planning ahead, but as an emergency use thing you couldn't grumble.

The entire kit comes in a small bag, which would fit in the spare wheel/tools/jack area in your boot, so ease to just leave in the car for an emergency.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Kit, 25 Nov 2011
After the snows of last winter, I decided to get a folding snow shovel to keep in the car. I spotted this little kit on amazon at a reduced price - at not much more than the cost of a folding shovel. This is a great kit to keep in the car - well worth the 14 I paid - however, not sure I would have paid the full price of 24 for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The AA Winter Essentials Car Kit - More Than Essential - It's Vital, 28 Oct 2011
This kit is exceptionally great value and everything included, is essential - I think - to keep in the car boot in case of very bad weather, some items would be very useful even in other emergency situations. I've purchased this kit for my grandson, who has to drive a very, very long way to work to an area which is notorious for getting bad weather including snow as it is on the edge of Dartmoor, more than most areas in Devon where we live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality kit, 9 Jan 2012
C. L. Rummens "Heavenly" (London) - See all my reviews
Sturdy foldable snow shovel which compacts into a small packet. Thermal blanket is a good size and the whole kit fits neatly in the car.

Excellent quality and good value for moeny, along with fast delivery. Perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the full price..., 16 Jan 2013
Franni (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
The shovel is not the easiest to assemble - needed several tries before it stopped trying to fold itself up again - & it's not very big. I wouldn't have been happy if I'd paid full price for this, but as it is, the torch does actually work, and the reflective jacket & blanket might prove useful if the weather worsens. If you are looking at this kit mainly for the shovel I would say don't bother, there are better & sturdier ones on offer in places like Halfords.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Winter Car Kit, 18 Jan 2012
With such a competative price for the four items packaged in a useful carrying case, each with other possible uses, it seems sensible to me that you should have this item permenantly in your car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas/Winter driving, 30 Dec 2011
This is a well-made and great gift - all of the contents of the strong bag work well and are neatly packed. It arrived on time and we love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as described!, 3 Jan 2014
Advert/listing states 'Dynamo Torch'...which is what I require in a kit that is going to be kept in the car to be used in the event of an emergency, after all it's not a lot of good if the batteries are flat when the 'emergency' occurs!

When the kit arrived I found the torch provided is a battery led...not dynamo.

Rest of kit seems as it should be, folding snow shovel was much heavier and appears stronger than my husband thought it might be. Neat zipped bag to keep it all in. So I have decided to keep the kit and buy another torch...a Dynamo one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review,, 19 Dec 2012
I bought it as a gift for my brother who lives in the north of England and often has to drive in snow and ice.
A really practical and inexpensive gift.