4.0 out of 5 stars Well deserved four stars.
This suited my requirements to a tee but having read the only available Amazon review at the time by Jay "jamess109", I felt a bit uncertain. I still went ahead with it thinking that, at worst, I might have to put Amazon's return/refund service to the test and... I'm glad I ordered it !
Published on 26 Jan 2012 by BGrt

1.0 out of 5 stars No simultaneous functionality in Windows 7
The card reader and bluetooth functions can not be used simultaneously. I had to disable the bluetooth device in Windows 7 before I was able to read a SDHC card. Thus the usability of this device is not good. It should be possible to use the bluetooth and card reader functions at the same time, independently of each other.

For anyone interested in this device I...
Published on 22 Feb 2012 by Ernest

4.0 out of 5 stars Well deserved four stars., 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Akasa AK-ICR-11 Internal Six Slot Card Reader with Bluetooth (Accessory)
The physical installation was, for me, slightly involving as I had decided for a temporary installation to ensure it was working prior to installing it more permanently which in turn involved relocating my hard disk to another bay. Anyway, I am pleased to report that having fired-up my Windows 7 64-bit PC, the relevant drivers were found and installed automatically (being new to Windows 7, that was a relief as I wasn't quite sure as to what to expect !).
The first thing I tried was the Bluetooth function. It was fairly straightforward to set-up and within a couple of minutes, I was able to transfer pictures back & forth, first using an Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade, then a Nokia 3110 and finally a Sony Ericsson K550 (although the Sony required more drivers for phone book synch & whatever else).
Now for the card reader bit, having tried the Bluetooth successfully, I was disappointed to see an exclamation mark on the "Mass Storage Device" icon and sure enough, having inserted an SD card... nothing happened. I like an easy life so, before trying anything else, I rebooted and hey presto the exclamation mark had disappeared ! So far I have tried 2 different SD cards, a CF card, an M2 and a micro SD without problems. The opening for the SD card is a bit tight and inserting the card is decidedly a bit fiddly.
The only thing it doesn't like is when you insert a memory card while the Bluetooth is on (this may be why I had an exclamation mark on my first run) and I have found that, on my PC, it took around 20 seconds from having clicked the "Bluetooth off" button before the Bluetooth actually disconnected. I have tried disconnecting the Bluetooth after having inserted the card, eventually, it did work having pulled the card back out & reinserted but it's definitely easier to just remember to turn it off beforehand.
To finalise, I'm not giving it five stars because, yes, it would have been more elegant to have a dialogue window popping up when there is a conflict between the Bluetooth being on & an inserted card and yes, inserting an SD card is on the fiddly side but, as I am unlikely to be swapping from card to Bluetooth transfer every 5 minutes, overall, it does the job so a well deserved four stars from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor Flaws, Great for Gaming, 4 Nov 2013
My main goal of purchasing this was to use the Bluetooth to pair my PS3 controller to my PC without wires and replace my broken card reader to boot. I read the reviews on here and was dubious about the quality of the product and how well it would perform, especially the fact that the Bluetooth wouldn't work at the same time as having an SD card inserted.

Installation was easy enough but this is where I ran into my first problem as there must have been conflicting issues with the previous card reader as the SD cards would not show up. As I was re-installing Windows so this was not much of an issue but I would say if you are replacing an existing card reader make sure you remove all traces of the old reader first. The Bluetooth on mine works with my controller whether there is an SD card plugged in or not and pairing it using MotioninJoy was a breeze. It seems though that you cannot read a M2 & PRO Duo card at the same time as it will only read the first card plugged in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job faultlessly, 19 April 2012
After having returned a cheaper device to an ebay seller as it wasn't capable of even recognising my 16gb Kingston Ultimate 266x compact flash card I was somewhat relieved to find this device recognised is first time. So far I've also tried both standard a micro sdhc cards so have no doubt that this lives up to its claim of reading the majority of new cards on the market. Transfer appears reasonably swift and at least on par with my old usb card reader

Bluetooth also appears to work fine - as soon as it installed itself I was able to pair with my android tablet and transfer files.

Set up was easy - just plug and play (windows xp).

The reported issue of not being able to access memory cards at the same time as bluetooth devices isn't really a problem to me as I bought this device mainly for transferring photos. The fact it does bluetooth price is just a bonus!

1.0 out of 5 stars No simultaneous functionality in Windows 7, 22 Feb 2012

For anyone interested in this device I recommend purchasing a bluetooth adapter and a card reader separately.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to enable bluetooth on pc., 5 May 2014
This is a excellent item. I purchased it over bluetooth dongles as it is a internal means of adding permanent bluetooth to my pc and at a low coast. It does everything I need of it. Plug and play all the way. Files and pairing is easy. I gave it only 3 stars because my operating system (window 8.1) only loads generic drivers for this unit, so you lose any enhancements provided by your sound card/system tweaks etc. and there is no support (regards upgraded drivers) from Akasa for the bluetooth, which means my sound system does not sound as nice when I connect via bluetooth to my pc. Having said that I still find the unit useful for things like file transfer and can connect all my tech to my pc from anywhere in my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 2 May 2014
S. M. Hill "seanmandrake" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I chose this because I wanted something to match a faux-vintage gaming PC I am making up in an old beige case. Do note that the second panel is genuinely pure bright white as it says, but this is as good as it gets. I might try UV aging it!

The cable is the typical 2x5 pin motherboard header type. It uses up two internal USB2.0 ports.

The card reader installed and worked perfectly in Win7 x86 without drivers and has read all the CF and SD cards I have tried so far flawlessly. Transfer speed seems very quick although I haven't benchmarked it against my old readers.

The bluetooth also installed the usual generic windows 7 support flawlessly. However: Interesting note! The bluetooth is in fact a normal small USB pluetooth adapter plugged into a hidden socket behind the front panel! I am not quite sure why the other reviewer on here couldn't use BT and the reader because not only are they entirely separate on mine but you can change out the BT adapter for a different one. So if the BT standard changes you can upgrade it!! Brilliant. Should be mentioned as a selling feature.

Overall quality is adequate but nothing astounding. The metal case is thin, the plastic average but I dont see any reason why this wont last a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars It has stopped recognizing all types of cards, 24 April 2014
It has stopped recognizing all types of cards even though it had very little use. I thought it would be economical to buy the cheaper option as I don't need it often, but now I have to buy again. Buy cheap, buy twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality card reader, 8 Feb 2014
We'll made, haven't tried the Bluetooth function yet. The card reader slots are smooth to engage and reads quickly, I would recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 2 Jan 2014
Simple to fit & after a few days everything seems to work well.
Would recommend to anyone needing a card reader and bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth is a real benefit, 6 April 2013
Anchises (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
It's just a pity more devices with card memories (cameras) etc don't have Bluetooth, but then the card reader will do the job instead!