on 20 May 2012
Bought this item for my Mum who had recently had a stroke and its brilliant all she has to do to make contact is press on the picture required press the green button and the number is dialled, you then just speak nothing has to be held, and to answer an incoming call just press the green button, it was easy to put in and store numbers,
For any one with dexterity / memory problems it's a brilliant buy
The only down side is that the cable is pretty short
I would definately recommend this product
on 22 April 2012
i bought this as a gift for my mum. She is not into fancy phones or anything like that as she cant be bothered to learn how to use them as she says she getting too old, which i find annoying, no one is never too old!!!! Anyway i set it up by pre entering the numbers she rings the most and added pictures with the numbers. She was over the moon. She has had no problems in using it. A good price on amazon compared to some other retail outlets.
on 26 August 2013
We bought this for my dad who has dementia and was struggling with complex phones. Would have given it 5 stars if only it automatically disconnected all calls. A minor niggle but in some instances the caller remains hanging when the handset is replaced and unless the elderly operator remembers to disconnect the call using a simple green button, it clogs up the line. A shame, as otherwise perfect and a great idea, allows existing phone to remain but this extra photo module to be inserted in series for simple use by those who have difficulty with technology.
on 29 November 2012
I ordered the PB10 Dialler to help unclutter my desk. And it does a brilliant job. I have it mounted on the wall next to my computer. The speaker works very clearly, making it possible for me to keep working without having to pickup a handset. Great product.
on 14 January 2013
When you think about it this is just a hands free phone without a handset. However, if you have a elderly Mother who cannot operate anything electrical without pressing the wrong button, this dialler could be the answer. The buttons are very big and you can program each one with a single number. All that's needed to dial the desired number is press the button. You can even stick a photo under the buttons if you want. Now I know if my Mother needs me, and can reach the phone, she can reach me.
on 3 June 2013
Got this for my mum who suffers from dementia and had a cordless dect handset beside her bed but could no longer remember peoples phone numbers or how to use the memory in the handset. This was really only for her to use if she needed help or felt unwell through the night and is so simple to use - just one button to press and the buttons are large enough to put a name on (using accompanying pieces of card placed inside a flap on the button) or can have a small photo of the person to call in the appropriate button - then just a few minutes was needed to program the relevant numbers into the buttons. There is no handset to pick up therefore no lead for her to deal with or receiver to try and hang up whilst lying in bed. (although one can be added just by plugging in). The unit can be fixed to the wall so it cannot be accidentally knocked out of reach. The speach quality is really good and even after programing numbers into the keys, they can still be used to dial numbers the long way - ie 01234 56789 - just press the green speech button first. To answer an incoming call just press the same button. Best Binatone product I've seen to date.
on 4 October 2013
Most 'specialist' items I have bought for my mum (who has dementia) are extortionately priced, I say 'specialist' in commas because it's a stretch sometimes, but for some reason allows suppliers to increase the profit margin considerably. However, this machine is a bargain and worked first time with my mum's phone. You literally press one of the buttons (once photo overlaid and machine programmed - a doddle) and it calls the programmed number. It's that simple, and my mum's portable handset can still be used as a fully functional stand alone handset, or switched between during a call initiated with the dialler, useful should she want to move around whilst on a call.
on 17 February 2014
this is just what we needed for my elderly dad who was having trouble dialling. we were going to put pictures of us all in it but his eyes are bad and the thing is so small you could barely make out the faces. Instead we used letters to denote each of his children. The dialler works fine.
on 3 December 2012
Very simple to use and easy to set up. I got it for my mother who was finding it difficult to use the telephone due to her deteriorating memory. It was lovely to get a phone call from her with out her having any problems.
on 24 July 2014
I bought this for my mother whose eyesight is not great and who has little sensation or strength in her fingers. She struggles with a conventional phone, and is also a bit deaf. She keeps this on hte bed beside her at night, and there is no handset to knock off by accident. Great idea, appears to work well though fortunately we haven't had to use it in an emergency yet. Can't believe the price - great value, great idea.