4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and efficient
Published on 17 Dec 2011 by MarcelDoorschodt

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine is going back!
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by SVP

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and efficient, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
Fast delivery. Easy to assemble (1 hour for one person). Machine doesn't take a lot of space. You are low seated, but movements are very efficient. You do a complete work out of your body. I had one before but this one is more productive. The only thing I was afraid about was being to tall. Fortunately it was no problem. You should not be over 6.2 ft. I just hope it will last in time but it should be a problem. My wife uses it too now ;-)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine is going back!, 25 Feb 2012
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
I am not the strongest of men but this machine was very disappointing. I was hopeful given there was magnetic functionality. But even on the highest setting there was little resistance and it felt like no workout whatsoever. I called the manufacturer's helpline and they said that this product was more aimed at older people or ladies! I am going to invest in a more expensive one and hope that the resistance is stronger.
The pro's are that it is easyish to assemble and it folds up quite nicely. But if I wanted an ornament I would have bought just that! Sorry but it is going back!

2.0 out of 5 stars Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
This machine arrived very promptly and both the assembly instructions and the packaging of all the bits were above average, leading to an easy assembly.

Previous reviews had led me to expect that the magnetic resistance would be on the light side, which indeed it is. If you are a fit person aiming to build strength, then get a machine that offers higher resistance. It is OK for my needs but running it on the highest resistance level all the time means I have no useful choice of resistance levels.

The "computer" display is less than clear regarding the functions which are showing at the time - numbering the displays to match the instructions and labels below the display would be helpful.

Folding for storage reveals a particularly bad design feature - the feeble little wire connecting the seat movement sensor to the computer. The is highly likely to get caught up in the scissor action as the two parts of the main frame come back into alignment as the machine is unfolded. At third folding occasion, in spite of progressing carefully, the wire was cut by this scissor action, so now I do not even have the benefit of the count function.

The instructions contain the (misspelt)line: "NB please ensures that the sensor cables do not get trapped when tilting the mainframe bar in towards the main housing." However, as the sections close together, the position of the wire cannot be seen from above the machine, as the instructions show the machine facing downwards during this process. To obey the instruction given above you would need to either:

1. risk losing your finger ends by feeling the position of the wire as the sections close together - I certainly do NOT recommend this!!!

2. tip the machine on its side or upside down, so you can see the position of the wire as the sections close together. I do NOT recommend this either, as this could damage parts not designed to carry the weight of the machine, plus it could topple during the process.

What I do recommend is that the manufacturer applies a great deal more design attention both to the positioning and the specification of this wire. Before repairing this wire I intend to replace the vulnerable section with something far better than the cheap and nasty bell wire used by the manufacturer. It would also be advisable to have some flexible metal or strong plastic sheathing protecting the wire near the joint, making it far less likely to get caught in the closing part of the mechanism.

1.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd oneis on its way back to Amazon, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
Before I begin my review I would just like to say Amazon have been brilliant and none of the problems I have encountered have been down to them.

My first machine broke within a few months of use, 3-4 nights a week for for 30mins-1 hour. Problems started when the machine started to get quite noisy. This was followed by occasional split second losses of tension and then finally the machine lost all tension and would no longer retract. I contacted body sculpture who worryingly knew exactly what I was talking about and had the spare parts ready.

The parts arrived in good time but with no instructions in how to fit or set up. Thee new parts didn't work and so I contacted Amazon who very kindly and quickly dispatched me another but exactly the same problem happened again in a similar time frame.

On both occasions I was nearly thrown off the back when they broke.

Amazon will not send me a third as they want to investigate this product. Whether I was using it too much or too hard who knows but I cannot recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 14 Feb 2012
Y. Bebnev "icdp" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
Was impressed by the build quality for the price and it seems well engineered.
Easy on the eye and compact when assmbled.
The assembly took 25 minutes and is easily done by one person. The assembly instruction is easy to read and understand. All parts are clearly labelled.

My only substantial gripe is that the hardest setting is more like a medium setting of a gym rowing machine. It's adequate for me right now, but I do wonder if will remain so in future. I am unfit and overweight, so it probably will be useless to those who excercise regularly already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value-quality machine, 16 Nov 2011
MA Kinsella "M Kinsella" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
The rowing machine comes well packed and is quite easy to put together- 2 people needed. Quality metals and welds, smooth cord and nice seat. Only 5 settings but for me its enough. Length of the machine is good for me (5'9) and counter is simple but useful.Good looking machine looks mid range. Is not easy to fold though because of a awkward pin that is hard to get in and out. 8/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value rower - compact dimensions, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
This item was ordered on Sat and arrived 11am Monday, total price inc delivery about £134.
Item was well packaged and instructions for construction easy to follow and amount of construction was no more than expected. All necessary tools were provided, although I preferred to use my socket set for tightening bolts.

The movement of this magnetic rower is pretty quiet, the noisiest thing being the travel of the seat up and down the rail which I might try to overcome with better lubrication. But not a problem watching TV etc. It doesn't take up much room, and we'll probably keep it in the living room for now. It contains a removable pin that acts as a safety device to stop the folded mechanism from falling open, and a couple of small wheels to help drag the thing around. It's not too heavy once put together.

The exercise computer bit is activated by the movement of the seat passing a sensor on the rail and calory information can only be considered an estimate, however for the money its OK, and you might only need to monitor how long you've been on the thing, as it does have a timer. Note it has a range of 5 increments for tension, the lowest is not bad just for basic cardio exercise, have not gone on to higher numbers just yet, but feels like tension will be adequate for anything I'm planning.

I think this will provide adequate exercise for me, my wife and my teenage children. Having studied the market for a week or so before buying this, I think it represents very good value for money.

No feedback on reliability yet as so new, but the fit and finish seem pretty good.

1.0 out of 5 stars extremely disappointed, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
I bought the BR3130 Body Sculpture in August 2012, it has only been used about three times a month, and now the roller spring has broken. Looking at the reviews im not the first to be extremely disappointed in this product as this is obviously a big weakness. What makes this a further disappointment is no spares can be obtained for the product so now it looks like the only thing i can do is take it to the tip.

Would never recommend this product to my worse enemy, what a waste of money it has been.

Hope these reviews are taken on board by the manufactures of this product, because the public are just wasting their money, DONT BUY IT.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing experience, 28 Mar 2013
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
I have had a couple of Johnson rowers in the past and they are brilliant but I don't have the space for one at the moment so I opted for this thinking it would do the job for a warm up at least prior to a weights workout or a run on my treadmill but boy was I wrong!

Just to put things into perspective let me explain: I am female, 5' 1" and small frame. I used to be fit but due to a recent illness and some back surgery last year I have not worked out properly since September 2011. So you would expect a feeble unfit female like me to find a rower such as this perhaps a little tough to begin with. I started on resistance setting 3 (of 5) and found barely any resistance at all. So I hiked it up to 4 and began rowing like a mad thing ( thinking perhaps that it might change if I increased the speed as air rowers usually do) but still nothing. So I tried the highest setting of 5 and yet again, 20 mins later, I have not even broken into a sweat, I am just a little warmer than when I started and the day after....I would have expected some aching limbs but nothing. I also found the length a little on the short side. I am very much on the short side at only 5'1" but if you were more than say, 5'6", you probably would not be able to straighten your legs as you row to its fullest extent.

So if your best friend is Snow White and you tend not to move your muscles much at all, you might find this a challenge but if you do move during the day and happen to be normal, average height, you might have already outgrown this machine!

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange (Sports)
Amazon well done very quick delivery. Machine is good value for money. Well packaged and easy to put together using illustrated instructions. Used for several weeks now and gives good exercise/work out. Perhaps machine not as good that you will find at the gym but for home use and price paid its good enough. Even the wifes started to use it !

Body Sculpture Rowing Machine - Orange