‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars music to my ears, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
Gerry Rafferty is always worth listening to and this ESSENTIAL cd is essential listening for all Gerry Rafferty fans. Good value for money, a must to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
Just had to pay my respects to this amazing artist excellent album what a guy.. sad hes away rip gerry rafferty but your music lives on

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ensemble of his tracks, 5 April 2013
Leo Spanswick (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
Being fairly young (17), I don't know too much of Gerry Rafferty's music, being introduced to him by Baker Street. Therefore, this album is a great way to experience more of his music, and I think it encapsulates him and his style very well, as there is a good spread of different tempos, rhythms and tracks that are either exciting or a little more peaceful, some verging on melancholy. I won't pretend to be an expert on music, but this really is a great work.

The Amazon download was flawless as usual, and provided the tracks in an easy to use and high quality format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality CD., 5 April 2012
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
This CD is one of the best ever sound quality CD I'v ever heard. Maybe it's just that I been listening to far too much crap mp3 soundings. Great sounding CD well worth the buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
I had all the original vinyls back in the 70s....long since gone. So finally got round to replacing them with this brilliant compilation. Gerry Rafferty was a great singer songwriter, sadly gone before his time. Some really great songs here, well worth buying, his voice was soulful and the music is timeless - always a sing of great writing. Get this, you wont regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classics and less known discoveries, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
My all-time favourite track from the 70s is Baker Street - and given how frequently it's still played on the radio, it's a classic that has stood the test of time. I was familiar with several of the other Rafferty songs on this compilation, but a few new discoveries have given me much pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this CD, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
Only really new Baker Street before I happened to watch a documentary and memorial concert on BBC4 and loved the songs. Have not stopped listening to this since I got it especially the wonderful Days Gone Down and Right Down the Line. The musicians are brilliant too, you can pick out every instrument clearly. It's not often I like every song on a CD straight off but with this one I do. Don't know why I have only just discovered him now as I am in my 50's. Only wish I had appreciated his music when he was alive as I would have loved to see him in concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerry Rafferty - Essential album, 6 Jan 2014
HotwindUK (Ongar, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
You won't get a better album than this one for under 5 and it is one of the best albums I possess. You can also get the excellent City to City and Night Owl albums as a single package for under 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerry Rafferty Essential, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Essential (Audio CD)
Brilliant item - bought as a gift for Christmas - excellent communications and delivery. Packaging perfect. Recipient will be delighted with gift, I am sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Essential (MP3 Download)
I have and still am enjoying these tracks, long time since I listened to Gerry, wont be waiting so long anymore, Great Quallity and service

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Essential
Essential by Gerry Rafferty (Audio CD - 2011)