Colour: Disco|Change

on 20 November 2009
At first, when I had these, I thought it did what others' do: muffle sound, rather than eradicate it.

But after a few days of use, I found that I was inserting them incorrectly, and after I found a system, that is, to roll them into as small a "cone shape" as possible, they were amazing! It's just getting them to actually fit inside the ear canal; though not too deep, for health reasons. Provided your ears are clean, these are seemingly infinitely reusable, and even after a little experiment with heavy weights, they always seem to return to their previous shape! Truly indestructible!

I tend to suffer from very sensitive headaches when woken up unnaturally, and, I must say, these have alleviated the pain. You can still hear loud noises a little, but nowhere near enough the level to wake from sleep. These are brilliant. It's just knowing how to use them.
on 21 January 2011
I rarely feel compelled to review products but, for the sake of anyone else who is sick of noisy neighbours (and their dogs) and snoring bed mates, I highly recommend these fantastic Quies ear plugs. They block out far more noise than any other ear plugs I've tried (and I've tried quite a few) and are easy to insert and comfortable to wear - much more so than silicone alternatives. The only slight downside was that the first time I wore them I forgot to increase the volume of my alarm clock radio to an audible level and was consequently kicked awake by my (non ear plug wearing) boyfriend when I slept through it! A small price to pay for a bloomin good night's sleep though!
on 27 December 2009
Best Earplugs - soft -dont make ears itchy and you can push them into your ears so you cant hear a thing but they cant hurt at all- brilliant !
on 31 March 2010
My partner and I both snore and are bothered by noisy neighbours. We have tried many different kinds of earplugs. Some are ineffective at blocking noise, some are uncomfortable or don't fit well, some make our ears sore and itchy. These, however, are the best - easy to insert, comfortable and non-irritating. Best of all, we both sleep like babies! I travel a bit for work and now use them wherever I am to guarantee a good night's sleep. They feel a bit tight while the foam is expanding when we first put them in but once they have moulded themselves to our ears we don't notice them. They are a bit more expensive than other kinds but with careful washing each morning they last for several nights. We would be very reluctant to use any other kind of ear plug now we have discovered these.
on 17 February 2011
There are some cheaper alternatives available and they sometimes offer more sets of the earplugs but these are really good, I can't imagine finding another brand any better. They also come in a quite useful small plastic case.

Be aware that these wont drown out noise completely but they certainly dull it, I live with a number of other people and the noises can range from doors slamming to shouting etc and I can hear these noises still but quite muffled, they don't stop me from falling asleep and certainly don't wake me up if I'm asleep at the time.

It may seem obvious to some but make sure you check on how to properly insert earplugs as I personally thought it was just a case of forcing them in and that does not work at all. You have to compress the earplug so it's quite thin and compact and let it expand once in your ear.
on 29 September 2010
These earplugs are great. They are extremely soft (like a mousse!) so that when you are in bed laying on your side you don't notice the earplug at all unlike the normal foam variety which tend to protrude from the ear slightly and cause noticable pressure when laying on them. They also stay in all night and although they cut out all the ambient noise you will still hear your alarm in the morning. Slightly more expensive than your average earplug but certainly worth the extra.
on 13 April 2011
... they hurt my ears!

I've used these plugs several times now and they do indeed silence all those neighborly knocks and bangs, but for me, I found that I would wake after a few hours kip and my ears ached.

It's a shame as the plugs are great quality, fab price and well made.
on 6 November 2010
I bought these a while ago and never wore them until last night.
My 3 year old nephew came over for a sleepover with our 3 year old daughter and they both thought it a good idea to wake up at 5am and sing at the top of their lungs. After getting up many times to tel them to shut up I remembered my ear plugs. As soon as I put them in the world fell silent. It was AWESOME!!!! The only sound I could hear from them from time to time felt as if it were miles away and it didn't bother me.
When I eventually woke up my husband told me he had sneaked into our bedroom a few times to pick up books and other things to entertain the kids. He was apologising in case he had disturbed me. I had no clue what he was going on about because I slept through the entire commotion.
I am now getting a few more boxes :o) Not sure I'll ever be able to sleep without them.
on 28 December 2009
Don't bother with any other earplugs. I have used various types over about 20 years, but these are the best you'll find. They block out more sound than any other, are more comfortable and last the longest. The fact that they are in different coloured pairs also helps you remember which ones you have used and which you haven't! (Silly I know, but a nice touch).
on 13 October 2011
These are the best, most comfortable ear plugs I have ever used. They keep out noise to a high decible, which is really valuable to me as I live on a noisy street (particularly after the pubs close..) and I sleep through the night with them. I also use them if I have to work from home, as I like to work with the windows open but without distraction.

These are soft, fit really well in your ear and don't cause ache. I recommend reading the instruction as they have a tip about rolling the earplug between your forefinger and thumb, and inserting with one hand while pulling up the tip of your ear with the opposite hand - sounds weird... but works really well!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!