5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device
Published 5 months ago by Cleo Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this
This is a waste of money, I kept it on for 10 weeks and in the endIi had to call pest control, who told me the only thing that works are rat traps and poison.
Published on 22 Jun. 2013 by Rebecca Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device, 31 Jan. 2015
This review is from: PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller (Garden & Outdoors)
At the end of November we started hearing rodent noises in the house frequently - scrambling in the cavity wall, and gnawing and pattering in one of the ceilings. The noises were almost always at night and it was very unsettling, impossible to sleep through the gnawing sounds. We tried blocking up possible entry points but it made no difference, we couldn't work out where they were getting in.

Then I remembered I'd heard about these devices, and after reading the reviews I thought it was worth giving it a go, although I wasn't convinced it would work.

We set it up according to the instructions and plugged it in on New Year's Eve, and since then (so five weeks now) we've not had a single sound from rodents. It could be a massive coincidence, but it seems more likely that it actually does work. Brilliant!

We have a 3 storey house and I wondered if we would need to buy more than one device, but I put this one in the first floor in the room where we heard the 'activity' and bingo, no rodent sounds anywhere in the house. I plan to keep it plugged in for a while, to make sure they don't get any ideas about returning.

Some reviewers said they could hear a whining or clicking noise coming from the device. Ours is in a location I pass by several times a day and I can't hear any sound coming from it.

So it works, it doesn't do anything annoying - couldn't be better and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of these one for upstairs and one for down amazing producted I would advise anybody with a rodent problem ..., 28 July 2014
I had a mouse problem and I was terrified of them the amount of sleepless nights I had was ridiculous I paid the council to come out and put poison down I went to a DIY store and bought mice traps etc the rodent problem was still there so then I came across these and since the day I plugged them in I have not had heard or seen any mice any where I have pulled my furniture out and no mice dropping anymore I bought 2 of these one for upstairs and one for down amazing producted I would advise anybody with a rodent problem to buy these

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 30 Sept. 2014
Bought one about six weeks ago after mouse droppings started appearing in kitchen. Really freaked out, and as we have just bought this (garden) flat I was not looking forward to a winter of mice.
But this device is great. After a week there were absolutely no traces, and it remains so now. Think I'll get another one for the front room.

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to have worked!!!!, 14 Mar. 2015
Suze "Susie" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Couldnt find where they were getting in. Set traps which caught six over consecutive nights.
Heard the traps go off around 3 am every time, so we think the kitchen is on their night time route. After those six, the traps were put out and after a month no more were caught.
But there were mouse droppings behind the fridge. So we fixed wire mesh over all outside vents. Tried to plug all holes behind kitchen cabinets etc with wire wool but still found droppings when cleaning the kitchen. So there must still be an entry point which we can't see.
I couldn't cope with hearing the jingle jangle of the trap going off again in the night and having to remove the furry little blighter in it. ENOUGH.
So....................bought this in desperation and waited with eager anticipation to see if it works. Also put peppermint oil on cotton wool balls in the areas we had seen mouse droppings.
After a couple of weeks there were a few droppings behind the fridge but not as many.
Today I was cleaning and there is a storage hamper not far from where the mouse poop was always found. It had some bits and bobs in it, but nothing a mouse would eat. It had in it cable extension reels, a fan and a couple of torches. Nothing edible.
I was going to clear it out and put it in the shed, but when I moved the hamper, lots of shredded wicker was under it. My heart sank. Mice chewing. Sure enough, mice had chewed a hole in it, and inside [there is cotton lining] was a nest with dead baby mice in it. Oh I felt sick. I didn't look too close but.....UGH. Don't think they had started to decompose yet so we THINK they are only recently dead.
The whole hamper has now been thrown away and the area bleached and sprinkled with peppermint oil. Feel sick to think that a nest was there without knowing.
But hopefully this means the parents went to look for food but have been repelled by this sensor and the babies were left behind. There is no smell of dead rodent so the adult mice must have left the house. Well, let us hope so.
There was no mouse poop behind the fridge today either, so it's looking like this gadget has worked. Its been approx 2 months since it was installed and the poop has slowly decreased in volume so the reviews saying it takes a while to work on the mice in your home appear to be correct.
Maybe those reviewers who haven't had any success have got them on the wrong settings or have them plugged into extension leads instead of directly into the wall?

There is a downside to this gadget though. It is very bulky and sticks up quite a way above the pins of the plug section. I wanted to site a second one behind the TV, but the telly stands on a fitted cabinet and the plug sockets are near the top of the cabinet so this gadget is too tall to fit in that socket. I also have two plug sockets in a kitchen cabinet which would be a great place to site one if that's where the furry monsters are getting in. But again, the socket top is directly under a shelf so the gadget won't fit.
I would like the manufacturer to make one that would fit in such places. Either one that is wider than it is tall, or have the bit that plugs in be fixed on a plate that could twist so you can site it either way up,

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 24 Feb. 2010
Sophie Gillies (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Before I ordered this I'd caught 4 mice in one week. As soon as I plugged this in, we never heard or saw any mice after that. I see a few reviews saying that it didn't work for them at all, and I find it very hard to believe. I would recommend following the instructions to the letter, as there are different frequency settings, and only one of them works for mice, which is maybe why it never worked for others.
So glad I purchased this. Have recommended it to everyone I know who mentions a mouse problem.
Also, the other frequency repels insects and spiders, which is never a bad thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working, 3 Oct. 2010
S. Josephs (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a lesser device from Primrose (the sellers of this advanced device) but that didnt work much at all. I was getting mouse activity every day so I bought this advanced device. Here is what happened.

When i got the device, I plugged it in the room upstairs where there are no mice and I put it on the insects setting rather than the full setting just to see what it would do. The next day, i went into the adjacent room and I saw I wasp trying to get out of the window. This wouldn't phase me normally but to have a wasp in your house in October seemed really odd. I put it down to the device.

The next day I put it downstairs in the dining room where the majority of mouse activity was and changed it to the strongest setting as recommended in the instructions ie the setting for rodents. I dont want to speak too soon but i havent seen any activity since.
I see some people have had trouble with their device seemingly having little effect. It can be that the mice are running away from the device and don't know what to do. It can actually increase activity to start off with. This is what happened when i used another device. Or if your mice have young ones, they wont leave them and vacate your house until they are old enough to look after themselves. Sometimes there can be objects blocking the ultra sounds and it may just not be located correctly. That was the case for me for well over a year with a previous device.

The people at primrose are really good. If you email them, they will respond quickly with an answer to your query. Before buying this unit i told them the problems i was having with the previous unit and they told me what to do and they advised me about this unit before i bought it. I have to say they really do know what they are talking about and they will advise you based on your circumstances. They aren't there to get a sale out of you - they just give you the best advice they can I would suggest that if you are having problems that you email them at
customerservice@primrose.co.uk .

They will respond very sound advice.

If you are uncertain about buying this advice speak to them but I would say that its well worth the extra expense and hopefully it will work for you! It seems to be the best ive seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had a really bad mice infestation in my kitchen when moving into my ..., 3 Feb. 2015
I had a really bad mice infestation in my kitchen when moving into my new flat. I found mouse droppings on the kitchen tops every morning. It was exhausting cleaning all tops before making breakfast & cooking. At night I could hear them running across and making noises in the kitchen. I had pest control come in to put poison which did nothing what so ever. For 6 months I lived with this problem in my kitchen which was a nightmare. I decided to purchase the pestbye and give it a go. The first 4 months I thought it wasn't working and that I'd wasted my money. I still found mouse droppings on the kitchen tops. Although at night the mice now made screeching, uncomfortable sounds which may be the repeller actually did make them feel uncomfortable but as it says on the package- the mice wont leave their young behind until they are grown. After roughly 5 months of using the mouse repeller I have seen no droppings or any sign of mice. This really works works but you have to be patient. If you have a serious mice infestation like I did it will take time. Its such a relief to know they have gone for good. I've been clear of mice fin my home for over 6 months!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work but follow the instructions carefully, 23 Jan. 2015
I bought this product when i found out that I had RATS in my kitchen ceiling. They were under the floor boards of the bedroom and ceiling of the kitchen.I ordered the product and read the instructions and plugged it in.Four days later nothing, the rats were running around the ceiling and having a field day while I was having sleepless nights. I decided to also buy peppermint oil and see if that would make a difference.I then decided to re read the instructions on the device just for my own reassurance and I found that I had put the frequency on high when it should have been on low.I kept hearing the sound from the plug in device and I checked the button on top of the device, it gave off a loud sound it was reassuring to me that it was actually working. I then decided to burn pure peppermint oil in the kitchen and the room in where the activity was heard so that I did as much as I possibly could to eliminate the problem. I heard the rats running frantically all over the ceiling and that really freaked me out, so I assumed that they were getting stressed out, so I continued to burn the oil and I had a cheeky rat put his head down the ceiling hole to see where all the smell was coming from. I SAW IT!!I almost ran out of the house because I was so scared but I stuck it out.
Tonight, so far touch wood I have not heard anything and I pray I never do as I have had weeks of sleepless stress full nights and at my wits end.I do recommend this product but I would also highly advise to use pure peppermint oil to stress the rats out and get rid of them.
At least one can reassure oneself that they are doing all they can to resolve the problem rather than the rats get the better of the humans .

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!!, 22 Feb. 2015
Excellent we live rurally and had a problem with mice, my Husband caught around 15 mice in one weekend eeeek. We bought this device and After a couple of nights we still had a problem however the number of mice caught had halved. By the following weekend there was none this was nearly 6 months ago and no sign of any mice since. We plugged the device in near the kitchen sink where we were having the issue and it completely eradicated them. Apart from One particular day we unplugged the device for a few hours and low and behold caught 2 mice that night so it has stayed plugged in ever since and no more issues. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars humane way to evict pests, 11 Jun. 2009
M. Taylor "Maggie" (Saisbury,wilts,UK) - See all my reviews
At first I, like the previous reviewer, thought the device wasn't working, but on reading the leaflet it stated that if the mice have young in the nest they will not leave until they are old enough to go with them and that this could take up to 30 days so I waited and sure enough a few days later they vacated the flat, not a word of thanks, no flowers, not even a postcard since. I strongly recommend this product if you don't want to share your home with pests but don't want to hurt them.