on 29 May 2013
After a recent attempted theft of my bike, I needed to purchase a new disc lock. My previous old model Xena had given me piece of mind for several years but the would-be thief had managed to chisel off the alarm module before it had actually gone off. The sturdiness of the disc lock itself proved too much however, so they gave up before managing to move the bike away. (Please note newer Xena models have a more enclosed alarm system, so an attack on the alarm itself wouldn't be as simple)

Personally my bike is worth very little so I wanted to keep costs down for the replacement lock and this lock seemed to fit the bill. A very similar product to the Xena range but at about 1/3 the cost - but I wasn't expecting much

The JDC lock itself has a good to weight to it and feels nice and sturdy. The yellow colour looks nice and hazardous, so should catch your eye to remind you to take it off before setting off, and should also stand out to thieves. Now for the most important part - the alarm. Once you click the lock into place, it sets off a tone to let you know it's armed. After 15 seconds, any knock to it and it will tone a few times to warn you - loud enough to hear over most outside noises. Any disturbance after that and all hell breaks loose!!! Up close, this thing is deafening and its high-pitch warbling tone is really uncomfortable on the ear - after the first time I tried it, my ears were left ringing for a good few minutes. With it being as loud as it is, it must sap the batteries fairly quickly so it's a bonus that 2 extra sets are supplied with the lock (along with the allen key required for fitting)

Now obviously this item alone won't stop a determined bike thief. The only things that might are ground anchors, expensive toughened chains and complicated garage alarms. And there are obviously higher quality disc-lock alarms out there, but a skilled bike thief will have the wheel off the bike quicker than they can be caught, if all you are using is a disc-lock. So for what it is, this lock is ideal - the sensitivity is there, and the alarm is plenty loud enough to put off amateur/opportunist thieves and raise the attention of people nearby. It's also small enough to stuff in your jacket pocket.

For £25 this is a cracking piece of kit - buy one now. Or buy two, put one either side of your caliper to lock the wheel in place and as back-up. (I can only imagine how terrifying two of these would sound next to your ear)
on 11 March 2015
I brought this on the 5th March was working fine until now this morning I went to take the lock off the bike and the alarm didn't sound so I opened the outer shell and looked in side where the electrics was and oh look WATER! £28 down the drain literally... Very bad product for water resistant.
on 4 May 2012
arrived quickly. really easy to use not the loudest alarm ever but enough to deter opportunist thief. would recomend using alongside other device such as a good chain and lock
on 17 December 2014
Arrived very quickly.
The disc lock itself is good quality and does exactly what it says on the tin (couldn't find the bit where it references your ears bleeding if you test it in the house).
Fits perfectly. After having my GSXR stolen I am a bit paranoid and this disc alarm is far louder than the alarm fitted to that bike and sensitive enough that a small knock to your handle bars will set it off.
I'm going to sleep better now my beloved ZX7R has this lock on it.
on 22 January 2016
Bought this Disc alarm lock after chatting to another motorcyclists who had 1 fitted to his bike. Checking the reviews on Amazon, highly recommend this to avoid buying cheap micky mouse copies. This arrived promptly and is supplied with a spare set of batteries and 2 keys plus detailed instructions. After a QC inspection all parts are solidly made and fitted to my motorbike, tip, clean a disc brake hole before fitting as you will not be able to insert the lock to your disc, I chose a hole next to a place that I could mark with a blue marker to easily find the hole I had cleaned next time I parked up. After fitting shake the bike and 3 warning bleeps sound, shake it again and this sets the alarm off, 110dcb's, peace of mind knowing that your bike is secure. Recommend this highly for security, ease of use, portability.
on 18 October 2013
After carefully reading the rewiews for this type of product I decided to choose this item. I have had it for approximately 4 months now through most weather conditions and I can honestly say that i am pleased with it and i think it was a great purchase. The price for the quality is good and so far I've had no problems. i haven't had to change the battery as some people have and it has stood up to all weather conditions so far (although it did go off twice when we hand really bad windy weather) apart from that I would recommend this product to anyone. I would say though that sercurity wise I wouldn't just use this lock to lock up your bike or motorbike (like me) but it does work well in conduction with a more traditonal form of sercurity. I give 4 ****. :)
on 3 October 2011
what can i say about this other than does what its supposed to, easy to use and loud alarm, not too many false alarms either, very good product for the price.
on 17 April 2012
The JDC Motorbike Disk Lock Alarm is a great product that offers great security features for a motorcycle. You set the alarm by clicking the key barrel in and a beep informs you that the alarm has been set. After 15 seconds the alarm is activated, if the alarm senses shock or movement it will beep as a warning, if further movements are sensed within 5 seconds then the alarm will sound until the movement stops. After 35 seconds with no further movements the alarm will stop and automatically re-arm itself. It can also be quickly disarmed by undoing the lock with one of the two keys provided. The lock comes with two sets of spare batteries as well as the already installed batteries and an allen key to unlock the battery compartment. The lock can be used without the alarm feature by just taking the batteries out. The decibel level of the alarm is 110DB. It is weather and waterproof and suitable for disk brakes with a thickness of up to 7mm. All in all an amazing product and sure to deter thieves!
on 2 September 2014
Constant false alarms which means I need to get out of bed at stupid times throughout the night to switch it off. Apart from the false alarms this is actually quite a good disc lock although you could get one just as good without the alarm function for half the price.
on 6 September 2012
Just received the disk lock alarm in the post it arrived on time and well enough packed. the alarm looks well made and is easy to use you just press the lock button and its armed. a few beeps later and your bike is protected. my only concern is the volume of the alarm it could do with being a little louder, but it would make and person think twice about tampering with your bike. In my circumstances its ideal as my bike is stored directly under my bedroom window and off the road. As an extra piece of security its ideal but i wouldn't use it as a stand alone device. oh and i recommended some way of remembering its on. phew near miss. due to the sound level only a 4