5.0 out of 5 stars What a great can opener.
I thought twice about ordering this product because it is quite expensive but when you receive it you instantly see why.
It is robust and reassuringly heavy sitting securely on the counter. All shapes and sizes of can are dealt with efficiently, including sardine tins (forget the ring pull just present the can to this machine).
In addition it opens jars and...
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by trikes

2.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards 46718 can Opener
After having several disasters with various can openers we throught we would try the Morphy Richards Multifunctioin Can Opener,getting on in years we need all the help we can opening cans and jars, it had all the gadgets looked sturdy and felt solid. Unfortunatly the operating arm and magnet attachment which supports the lid when opening cans are of very poor poor quality...
Published 23 months ago by Keeper46

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Morphy Richards 46718 Multifunction Can Opener (Kitchen & Home)
Bought to replace the battery version of tin opener. This is fiddly to attach the tin within the guides and you have to hold most tins in place as they rotate as there is nothing to support them (especially small tins for one person). Not ideal for my mother with physical limitations. Ring pull gadget only pulled a little way, then broke the ring off!
It is bulky and takes up a lot of space in my kitchen as my mother has now 'donated' it to me!

4.0 out of 5 stars easy tin opener, 23 Nov 2012
ifound this tin opener very good at first i wasnt putting the tin up to properly but once i did it it was fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 26 Jun 2012
After struggling with the usual hand held and battery operated openers and getting nowhere fast, I bought this and what a difference. Opens first time every time hassle free. The top arm is a bit delicate but as long as you don't press down too hard you'll have no problems. I am so impressed I've just bought another one for my motorhome. smart piece even though it does look a wee bit like a dalek but who cares. It works!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen helper, 30 Jun 2012
Very pleased to have this product, due to wear and tear on thumb joints making manual openers difficult. Very easy to use, and unobtrusive on the worktop. The lids are cut rather sharply, but many manual can openers do the same. The magnetic clamp doesn't always grasp the lid, but this hasn't been a problem. I have only used the shrink wrap opener as I already have a ring pull assister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 May 2012
Xairman "Desmond" (Wirral, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This can opener is more than a can opener! It does everything it says. It opens cans, bottles. It can open big cans or bottles. Even those awkward ones with sloping lids are not a problem. I've had several can openers before, but never to this standard. I know this is a bit above the normal price range, but I absoluteley recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase, 12 July 2012
My husband has arthritis in his hands and has difficulty gripping and exerting pressure. This tin opener has enabled him to open tins again and has other gadgets that do bottles and can ring pulls. It is quite expensive compared to ordinary tin openers but well worth it. It is also is well designed and looks good

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 12 Aug 2014
perfect, as a tech nerd you gotta have it, if you have mobility issues, you must have it, right out the box, plug in, pull out the lever, magnet grips the lid, hold the can, press the lever down, seconds later, lids off and stuck to the magnet, not falling back into the tin, love it

also has bits for opening bottle tops, lids on jars, ring pulls, manual can opener

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine little electronic solution for those of us dismayed by ..., 20 Oct 2014
JayJayDee (Allovertheworld) - See all my reviews
A fine little electronic solution for those of us dismayed by the loss of grip suffered due to arthritis and/or dismayed by the number of manual can openers that become ineffective after just a few months. If this machine is still working after eighteen to twenty four months I will revisit the review to add a further star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very neat unit, 12 May 2014
Mr. James Rutherford "James" (Newcastle Upon Tyne. England) - See all my reviews
First thing I checked was the magnet fitting which people complain breaks off. Although it is plastic if you leave it standing out I see no problem with it. All cans open easily and neatly. The Grey jar gripper is just a rubber ring, Those with no grip will not find it useful. My mother could not use it. the slide away multi-function tool is very handy no more searching for tools.
The unit stands firm with no slippage. The motor is powerful and much better than those battery powered openers.
So far it has been worth the extra expense.
Delivered promptly and well packaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last?, 10 Sep 2013
The story of my life is of useless can openers. My advice to anyone contermplatng a csmping,trekking, or sailing trip or holidsy is to try out your canopener before setting off, Don't risk starving surrounded by cans that you can't open. I'm past the stage in life of making such trips, but have recently been unable to open cans using a conventional opener purcahed through Amazon. In des[eration, I bought this one. Much more expensive than a hand operated opener and vulnerable to power cuts. So far it works. I am not giving it a fifth star since I personally find it a little tricky to operate in that I find it difficult to align the can correctly. Once in place, the can is open in moments. I hope that, power cuts permitting, this will serve me for many years.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›