5.0 out of 5 stars I think people must have not watched the same film as myself
I did not intend on watching this film at the cinema at all but as I went through the listing I realised it was the last showing available so it was an "oh well we'll watch that then" situation.

Published on 18 July 2011 by L. Woolridge

2.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, a social document
This film really had something to say. Apparently you have to wear your shirt outside your trousers and the right glasses to have a happy life. I think that was it.
Published 21 months ago by Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars I think people must have not watched the same film as myself, 18 July 2011
L. Woolridge "Leewoo" (Stoke-On-Trent) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

I am SO glad that I did. The easiest way I can describe this film is the surprise film of the year for me. I go to the cinema Every week as I like to keep up with the latest movies and it Isn't often at all that a film so poorly advertised could turn out to be so good.

The surprise actor of this film is the young girl who plays the character Talia. She was a revelation and added such a great tone to the film. Tom Hanks yet again performing in a great role with some other brilliant actors. I can see why some people might not like this film because it Isn't Tom Hanks shouting "Wilson!" or "Life is like a box of chocolates." People do not realise that it doesn't need to be a huge film to be extremely enjoyable and light hearted.

The humour of this film was just ideal, obviously it wasn't Hangover laugh out loud funny, but it was enough to keep me and the girlfriend smiling throughout the film.

I Would recommend this to any big film watchers, and hopefully it will surprise you as much as it did me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little film, 11 Aug 2013
Hannah Southworth (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Really sweet film, I have always admired and loved Tom Hanks work in films, and this film doesnt let down. I wanted to see it in the theater but missed the chance, so got it on dvd instead. Very nice story and suporting cast shine as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this film, real easy watching. Tom Hanks loses his job and goes back to college to start a fresh. Good characters, Good humour, light hearted.

5.0 out of 5 stars A different side to both actors, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
This film really surprised me. The film allows the actors to move away from their usual stereotypical roles. Julia Roberts takes on her character really well (as always). The film is funny, witty and takes on a simple storyline. I feel that the film is so good because of the acting and as mentioned before, my surprise at these actors taking on a different type of role.

5.0 out of 5 stars Redundant Resurgency, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I chose the 'I love it' rating because, although Tom Hanks is playing the main role, his is not the main focus, it's really all about the female role played by Julia Roberts, here, the nuances of relationships and redemption and starting life and love all over again is a very positive and also makes for an uplifting filmic experience.

It's a rare gem, it's one of those films which you can keep watching and also bridges the generational process, renewal and regeneration. It's a positive and feel good film, with a wonderfully sensitive and believable casting between the main leads.

It may is a great film for all the family and great to see the 'extras', the cast are fantastic and Larry's neighbours are very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just an all round feel good movie. I don't know why a lot of people have criticized this movie. There is really great chemistry between Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Great all round cast, great movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Really enjoyable film. Both Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts for me are two of the best.Would recommend to any one who likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good film, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Just one of those nice easy going films that leave you with that feel good factor at the end. Excellent acting with some really funny and quirky moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Further Education, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this as reccomended by a friend. It was for my wife who is doing a O.U. course and it was given to inspire her. Think it did the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, gentle, funny and uplifting!, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved this film! It's not flashy or 'over the top' if that makes sense, It's charm is that it is a simple, gentle, heartwarming, feel good film that will make you smile and laugh and brighten up a dull and dismal winters afternoon.
Settle down with glass of something warming and enjoy!

ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)

Larry Crowne [Blu-ray]
Larry Crowne [Blu-ray] by Tom Hanks (Blu-ray - 2011)
7.50