on 20 November 2012
I almost bought the older generation cordless drill from Bosch but right at the last moment i opted to go for this one specifically for the new features such as lithium battery, battery indicator, battery overcharge feature. Also the battery unit can be interchanged with other cordless powertools from the Bosch range. The drill itself did an awesome first job of drilling into some tiles and thin plate steel. So glad i put a little bit more money to it and got this kit, i can see it will do me good for a good long time.
on 4 October 2012
I bought this drill because it had about the best reviews I could find. It is light, compact, extremely powerful and appears to do everything that was claimed of it. Charging is fast and the charger has a system to prevent overcharging, whilst the drill works efficiently even when the battery is low. Although it is early days I could not be more impressed with it. Batteries on power tools are a minefield and it seems even with the most expensive makes there can be problems so I will have to wait and see.
on 13 February 2013
Powerful, lightweight and versatile in theory... but the first one I got had a badly wobbling chuck, rendering it useless for work with any degree of precision. I returned it and received a replacement which had exactly the same problem. Life is too short to keep trying until a good one turns up! So instead I opted for a refund. The name Bosch is synonymous with high quality, but this experience has made me wonder how trustworthy that reputation is.
on 24 June 2012
The drill arrived on time and upon opening the drill had 2 out of 3 battery lights on. This meant I could use the Drill straight out of the box AMAZING. This is the lightest drill I have ever owned and with the simple to use torque settings I was able to build myself a new workbench with ease and Bosch PSR 18 LI-2 0603973370 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 1 x Li-Ion Batterywithout needing to recharge the battery. Very impressive and would recommend to anyone.
on 20 January 2013
Great looking, powerful, got everything you would need as a enthusiast diy person BUT... And its a big but for me, chuck wobbled on the first drill so i returned it for replacement. To my surprise second one is even worse . Chuck wobbles meaning you would get vibration during drilling and lose accuracy. I've tried several bits to make sure that the drill itself is the problem always with the same result : drill has considerable runout. This being my firs drill left me wondering whether i was expecting to much for the money but friend of mine with experience of using various power tool confirmed my findings . I find it difficult to believe that i could receive faulty model twice i suggest you to test your drills. I am sending my second Bosh back , this time for refund and gonna look elsewhere.
on 10 February 2015
Great tool for anyone wanting a positive well built screwdriver/ drill, just flick the red lever and you can quickly move from screwing to drilling.
The keyless chuck helps when changing drills to screwdrivers, and as a good extra your point of fixing or drilling is lit by a light from below the chuck.
A set of lights also tell you when the drill needs charging, this on average takes about 1 to 2 hours.
The drill is not too heavy and is well balanced.
on 25 January 2014
Great drill-driver for me - an older woman of average strength! Easy to use, and lightweight enough to never become too much to handle. I actually love using it, and it's helped me attempt many DIY jobs I would never have dared tackle before. Ok, so it won't cope well with heavy masonry jobs, but you wouldn't expect that of something this weight. For what it is, it's extremely versatile and reliable and I'd thoroughly recommend it as an all-round good buy.
on 14 June 2013
Brilliant tool, charge lasts for ages, so not really an issue only having a single battery. Only one (double-ended) bit supplied though, but will operate quite happily with all my existing bits from manual drivers. Bought a useful angled bit assembly (£6), which also conveniently extends the bit away from the driver to be able to get into those narrower spots where the chuck of the driver would normally preclude its use. Recommended.
on 8 December 2012
Only just used it . Charged it up over a month ago and left it in the garage and when I came to use it was fully charged and ready for use. The LI battery seems to be much improved on the old NiCad type...up to now.
It is light weight but powerful and very solid. The variable trigger control is excellent and the chuck easy to use and seems good. The built in light is very useful.
Very pleased with the drill/diver.
on 16 December 2012
For a long time I've been looking for a good cordless drill, firstly it should charge rapidly and that I could use it few hours after being fully charged. Secondly it is strong for some heavy duties but on the other hand is not heavy nor big size. All what I was expecting are indeed engineered in Bosch PSR 18 Li-2!! It's a great tools... And is a Must at home!!
You won't be disappointed with this drill :))