5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on 31 Jan 2012 by Ben

2.0 out of 5 stars Good if it worked as well as it looked
Published 14 months ago by Bordering

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bosch PSR 18 LI-2 0603973370 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 1 x Li-Ion Battery (DIY & Tools)
Small, but powerful enough for most jobs around the house.l, short of hammer-drilling through masonry. Really does charge up very quickly, and the charge lasts so much longer than the nimh battery on my old set. The twin speed and adjustable torque setting are easy to adjust, and the speed is very responsive to pressure on the trigger. My only complaint is that the torque setting switch is a bit fiddly and can be knocked across to an unintended setting without me noticing. Overall a fantastic product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 1 Jun 2012
Colin Keane (Barrhill Ayrshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is quite simply a superb power tool. Make sure you dont penny pinch - go for the Li-ion version. It comes with a smart charger that charges the battery in less than an hour. If you leave the battery (or the battery with drill/driver attached) on the charger it trickle charges and senses when the charge is full. The drill driver itself is a doddle to use and the power trigger delivers as much or as little power as you need. There is a built in light on the tool as well as a battery life indicator.

You set the torque on the driver with a slider from 0 to max. This slider also switches from driver to drill.

This is a finesse tool thus there is no hammer action for the drill. A sound piece of advice is to keep or buy a hammer drill for the rare occasions that you need it and use this baby for everything else.

A word of advice about attachments too. You get a double ended driver bit (flat and PZ) and no drills. I bought the Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set Which provides a tool for every job you are likely to do

Best power tool I ever bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb drill, 16 July 2012
I am extremely pleased and impressed with this Bosch drill ( Bosch PSR 18 LI-2 0603973370 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 1 x Li-Ion Battery). Bought it to install some new stud walls and spent a whole weekend working with it. Very powerful - I love the power setting - Set on full power to start, and drive your screw into the substrate to the required depth - the power lights light up to show how much power ( torque) the drill has used to drill to this depth - set the power switch to this new setting and all screws magically screw to the same depth - Genius ! Very pleased - well worth the money and with a 1 hour fast charge it is extremely convenient. One charge lasted the whole day and screwed in through MDF into wood studding and then into Aluminum with each screw and power lasted over 250 screws. Wonderful !

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Midget, 7 Nov 2012
Mr. T. Spiers (Scotland) - See all my reviews
When I opened the box and saw the size of this drill, my heart fell. I thought I had ordered the wrong item and that this tiny battery operated tool could not possibly develop enough power to be a serious help with DIY projects. I'm delighted to say I was wrong. I have been amazed by the power of the drill and the life of the battery. It is without doubt the best drill I've ever owned. It's small, light, powerful and quick to charge. It's well worth the money and I would not hesitate to buy other Bosch tools with this Li-Ion battery system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch PSR 18 Drill/Driver, 25 Nov 2011
Bosch PSR 18 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 2 x NiCD Batteries

My purpose for the purchase was for convenience/medical reasons - I have a degree of arthritis in my wrists and hands. I bought a ratchet screwdriver some time ago but even that had become hard work for me. Also I am not particularly good at DIY. I had to patch up some external wooden fencing panels by attaching supporting bars between the panels and concrete uprights, and also to build some self-assembly furniture units.
I looked up several on-line reviews for drill/drivers and decided that this model offered good value for money. I was very pleased with the quality of this product and also the speed of delivery. The drill/driver is robust, very easy to use, and not too heavy. It did all the things I needed to do i.e. drill, screw and unscrew and the battery life was very good. I can thoroughly recommend it. Usual excellent Amazon service plus Bosch quality and reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only drill/driver you'll ever need?, 25 May 2012
The BoschPSR 18 LI-2 is a superb cable free multipurpose variable speed drill with keyless chuck and infinitely variable speed. Also, it is a variable torque driver-all with reversible rotation.The 'universal'LI re-chargeable battery is also common with my Bosch hedge trimmer and my strimmer.This means I have 3 batteries (& chargers)should I run out of power-and they are quickly re-charged! A lovely tool which takes pride of place in my workshop.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good if it worked as well as it looked, 13 Feb 2013
Powerful, lightweight and versatile in theory... but the first one I got had a badly wobbling chuck, rendering it useless for work with any degree of precision. I returned it and received a replacement which had exactly the same problem. Life is too short to keep trying until a good one turns up! So instead I opted for a refund. The name Bosch is synonymous with high quality, but this experience has made me wonder how trustworthy that reputation is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch PSR Li-2 0603973370 Cordless 18V Drill/Driver., 30 Mar 2013
Bought this about a year ago to replace a corded drill which had reached the end of the line...so to speak!
I`m very pleased with this drill and have done quite a bit of work with it. It`s light and easy to handle because you`re not dragging a cable all over the place. The battery seems to last well, though that depends on exactly what and how much you`re drilling. I`ve never felt disappointed though. I do have a spare (Bosch) battery just in case.
Although it doesn`t have a hammer drill function it`s not too difficult to drill into breeze block or house brick. It`s not keen on concrete or industrial brick though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Drill/driver, 1 Jun 2012
G. Haller - See all my reviews
This is the first Bosch product that I have purchased, and I must say I am more than
satisfied, It is a very sturdy and robust drill/driver and feels well balanced and
comfortable to use, The quick change chuck makes it really easy to swap between drill bits
and screwdriver bits with very little effort, I am really pleased I went for the LI-Ion
battery too, as it does not self discharge... if you leave it half charged... it is still
half charged the next time you need it, well worth the money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and elegant, 30 Mar 2012
This small drill/driver exemplifies what I love about Bosch design with its compactness and great styling. The drill head is small with the selection bar you dial-in what torque setting you want (10 values) and the separate drill mode. Its so lovely you can stand it up on a matle-piece and train a small spotlight on it to impress your guests :D The 18V Power4All range is overall excellent for the DIYer and this small drill/driver is just gorgeous. The diddly carry case has the 18V battery, charger and manuals and a spare double-ended drive bit. Lots of space for a 2nd battery and spare drill sets in wraps.

Buy it, Love it and Cherish it, I Prostrate myself Before the Altar of Bosch Loveliness. :D

ARRAY(0xa7cac558)