on 31 January 2012
Small, but powerful enough for most jobs around the house.l, short of hammer-drilling through masonry. Really does charge up very quickly, and the charge lasts so much longer than the nimh battery on my old set. The twin speed and adjustable torque setting are easy to adjust, and the speed is very responsive to pressure on the trigger. My only complaint is that the torque setting switch is a bit fiddly and can be knocked across to an unintended setting without me noticing. Overall a fantastic product.
on 1 June 2012
This is quite simply a superb power tool. Make sure you dont penny pinch - go for the Li-ion version. It comes with a smart charger that charges the battery in less than an hour. If you leave the battery (or the battery with drill/driver attached) on the charger it trickle charges and senses when the charge is full. The drill driver itself is a doddle to use and the power trigger delivers as much or as little power as you need. There is a built in light on the tool as well as a battery life indicator.

You set the torque on the driver with a slider from 0 to max. This slider also switches from driver to drill.

This is a finesse tool thus there is no hammer action for the drill. A sound piece of advice is to keep or buy a hammer drill for the rare occasions that you need it and use this baby for everything else.

A word of advice about attachments too. You get a double ended driver bit (flat and PZ) and no drills. I bought the Bosch 50 Piece X-Line Accessory Set Which provides a tool for every job you are likely to do

Best power tool I ever bought!
on 16 July 2012
I am extremely pleased and impressed with this Bosch drill ( Bosch PSR 18 LI-2 0603973370 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 1 x Li-Ion Battery). Bought it to install some new stud walls and spent a whole weekend working with it. Very powerful - I love the power setting - Set on full power to start, and drive your screw into the substrate to the required depth - the power lights light up to show how much power ( torque) the drill has used to drill to this depth - set the power switch to this new setting and all screws magically screw to the same depth - Genius ! Very pleased - well worth the money and with a 1 hour fast charge it is extremely convenient. One charge lasted the whole day and screwed in through MDF into wood studding and then into Aluminum with each screw and power lasted over 250 screws. Wonderful !
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2014
I had this drill and the 18V Hammer one as a set, they are both practically useless as the chucks are total rubbish and loosen to easily no matter how tight you close them. In the end I sold them on ebay and bought Makita instead, the difference is amazing but its ultimately disappointing that a company like Bosch think they can get away with selling such an inferior product.
In addition the drill driver does not have a safety chuck feature (you know the click, click, click sound when it reaches max resistance) instead it has a power limit feature that is frankly so dangerous I'm surprised it hasn't been recalled, this feature either strips the threads on the screw hole, strips the screw head or if it does hit max resistance, it kickbacks so hard it wrenches your wrist. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have had by wrist badly yanked by this drill and when this happens in a closed or limited work space your hand gets slammed into the side of something. I sent it back to Bosch for inspection, they found no fault and said it was designed like this. Believe me, this is dangerous.
I have only 1 good thing to say about these drills and that's on the batteries, they go and go and go. When they do finally discharge, 30min charge and your back to full power. However that is ultimately useless if you need to retighten the chuck every 5 seconds of drilling and there are other and more superior companies with the Li-ion batteries.

Avoid like the plague, after this experience and my Bosch jigsaw breaking down after just over 1 year I am never, ever buying Bosch ever again....ever.

P.S. who are these people giving it 5 stars???? I can only think they bought it to look at rather than use. 5min with this and you will regret your purchase.
on 25 November 2011
Bosch PSR 18 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver, 2 x NiCD Batteries

My purpose for the purchase was for convenience/medical reasons - I have a degree of arthritis in my wrists and hands. I bought a ratchet screwdriver some time ago but even that had become hard work for me. Also I am not particularly good at DIY. I had to patch up some external wooden fencing panels by attaching supporting bars between the panels and concrete uprights, and also to build some self-assembly furniture units.
I looked up several on-line reviews for drill/drivers and decided that this model offered good value for money. I was very pleased with the quality of this product and also the speed of delivery. The drill/driver is robust, very easy to use, and not too heavy. It did all the things I needed to do i.e. drill, screw and unscrew and the battery life was very good. I can thoroughly recommend it. Usual excellent Amazon service plus Bosch quality and reliability.
on 7 November 2012
When I opened the box and saw the size of this drill, my heart fell. I thought I had ordered the wrong item and that this tiny battery operated tool could not possibly develop enough power to be a serious help with DIY projects. I'm delighted to say I was wrong. I have been amazed by the power of the drill and the life of the battery. It is without doubt the best drill I've ever owned. It's small, light, powerful and quick to charge. It's well worth the money and I would not hesitate to buy other Bosch tools with this Li-Ion battery system.
on 25 May 2012
The BoschPSR 18 LI-2 is a superb cable free multipurpose variable speed drill with keyless chuck and infinitely variable speed. Also, it is a variable torque driver-all with reversible rotation.The 'universal'LI re-chargeable battery is also common with my Bosch hedge trimmer and my strimmer.This means I have 3 batteries (& chargers)should I run out of power-and they are quickly re-charged! A lovely tool which takes pride of place in my workshop.
on 30 March 2013
Bought this about a year ago to replace a corded drill which had reached the end of the line...so to speak!
I`m very pleased with this drill and have done quite a bit of work with it. It`s light and easy to handle because you`re not dragging a cable all over the place. The battery seems to last well, though that depends on exactly what and how much you`re drilling. I`ve never felt disappointed though. I do have a spare (Bosch) battery just in case.
Although it doesn`t have a hammer drill function it`s not too difficult to drill into breeze block or house brick. It`s not keen on concrete or industrial brick though!
on 16 January 2013
I was lucky enough to get one of these on the lightning deals, at which price it was tremendous value. But most definitely well worth considering at the price Amazon currently offer. Like all Bosch tools quality is foremost.

It is compact - at first glance it seems a bit small, but don't be fooled it is no toy!

When you pick it up it feels solid, right somehow, well balanced. It is surprisingly powerful. The removable battery pack is compact being Li-Ion and is quick to charge with an intelligent charger preventing overcharging. The removable battery is their power4all type and can be used on other Bosch tools from the same range.

One simple but outstanding feature is an LED mounted on the base of the drill which illuminates the bit making use in confined / dark spaces a breeze. Another is the indicator led's which show the power / torque used to drive the screw into final position. This allows you to set the drill to drive all following screws with the same force /depth. A must for assembling flat pack units to save the odd fixing being over-driven and destroying the board.

There is plenty of power for normal drilling operations.

It also has a 'fuel gauge' indicating the state of charge remaining.

With most cordless drills you seem to be buying a battery pack with a free drill thrown in. Not so with this! the quality of the tool is such that it gives the opposite impression.

Definitely worth the full 5 stars.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2012
This is the first Bosch product that I have purchased, and I must say I am more than
satisfied, It is a very sturdy and robust drill/driver and feels well balanced and
comfortable to use, The quick change chuck makes it really easy to swap between drill bits
and screwdriver bits with very little effort, I am really pleased I went for the LI-Ion
battery too, as it does not self discharge... if you leave it half charged... it is still
half charged the next time you need it, well worth the money!!