on 2 October 2012
Exemplifies Hegel's thinking on musical sound as at once passive and active, plastic and dynamic, as material and as an agent, as objective and ideal. One of the most important composers of modern times, this music is a relief from the neo-Baroqueism of Nyman or the quasi-Romanticism of Adams.
on 9 February 2015
Although I always enjoy PG, there are other recordings I'll listen to again.
on 22 December 2011
sorry Philip, but this is the end. I've just spend £14 on a rehash of almost everything you've ever written, which seems to be what you've been doing now for far too long. I begin to suspect that somewhere in your composition classes a tutor told you you should have an individual voice, and you took it much too much to heart. A few bars of admittedly pleasant new music really is not enough.