Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 13 December 2012
My son (age 7.5yrs) always enjoyed the Horrid Henry books and he was not disappointed by the film - it has enough gross bits and is fairly true to the books. My daughter is only 4 years old and has not yet heard the stories, but she loves the movie too. So 5 stars from both of them!
on 19 October 2011
Went to see this with my two younger brothers and i did not have high hopes at all, however, it actually surprised me! There were some very funny moments and my brothers absolutely loved it - they are still going on about it and we saw it over a month ago. Would recommend this to anyone who likes light-hearted films!
on 25 March 2012
This is a film, made for kids, about a kid's tv show so I find it odd that adults are coming on here having a go at it. It'd be like asking a 5 year old to review Schlinder's List.

It's not a great story, it's full of plot holes and has unrealistic battle of the bands scenes and Dick and Dom are as irritating as they usually are but who cares? THE KIDS, WHO THE FILM WAS MADE FOR loved every second of it. They loved it. I bought it for them to watch, not me. If they could be bothered to come on here and write a review they'd score it 5 out of 5 very time, but they are too busy doing kid stuff like riding bikes, beating each other up and playing xbox. Ok? Good.
on 7 September 2011
Felt I should write a review, with the dvd being released in November. Basically if your kids love horrid henry they will love this. Both of my children 6 and 8 years begged me to take them see this in the summer hols. Yes, it bored me, its nothing like the cartoon version, but my kids loved it and even now some 4 weeks on from seeing it my son talks about it and cannot wait for the DVD to come out.

Its a lose story and in my opinion henry is no way near as horrid as he is in the cartoon, he has a good side...;o) The children who played the main characters are excellent, especially henry and moody margaret, she was my favourite....

If you expecting a film for the whole to watch this not the one but if want the kids to be assumed for a couple of hours whilst you doze on the sofa pretending to watch its perfect....;o)

Rated this 4 stars because for horrid henry fans its fab, 1 start lost for not entertaining the parents...
on 30 November 2011
Got this for my 5 year old and my 2 year old and they loved it ! They have had it on non stop ! .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2012
I seem to have found myself reading a lot of other reviews for Horrid Henry the Movie and the general consensus is that it's only an `okay' film at best.

Much of the criticism comes from the fact that (apparently) the child actors portraying the characters in the original Horrid Henry books/TV cartoons, don't look anything like the source material. My argument to that is - this is a film, with REAL people. If real children looked like the caricature-like drawings in the books and cartoons then I would be seriously worried about which freak show they were drafted in from!

Then much has been said about how (apparently) it doesn't stay true to the `spirit' of the original source material. My argument would be that this is a FILM. If you like the books - great - they're books. If you like the cartoons - great - they're cartoons. Keep on reading and watching them. A film cannot be like a book and, unless it's a cartoon-film, not much like the cartoon either. The film takes many of the ideas and inspirations from the book and cartoon and expands on it. It has to. How else would it be able to stretch it out to an hour and a half?

Also, people have said that the plot/story isn't up to scratch. I feel I have to spell it out - it's a KIDS' MOVIE. If you want plot twists and character development followed by shocks and surprises, watch the DaVinci Code. This film is aimed at children. Therefore, it has a story that they can understand.

Did I like it? No. But then I'm nearly thirty-five. However, my six year old daughter dragged me to the cinema twice to watch it (the second time I even fell asleep). Now Horrid Henry the Movie is on my television screen at home and my daughter is demanding it for her birthday. In short, let the kids be the judge of it.

Note: special kudos to Anjelica Huston for her great performance as Miss Battle-Axe.
on 26 February 2014
Grandaughter is a big fan of Horrid Henry. I watched it with her, and it was good. Of course, she absolutely loved it.
on 16 September 2011
i went to see this movie at the pictures iam 27 years old must be oldist fan ever. this movie was fantastic i really enjoyed it the story line was really good i wanted to go and see it again as soon as i got out now i can't wait to see it in blueray recameded for any horrid henry fan come on november!!!!!!!
on 9 December 2012
Got this DVD as the trailer looked good, and because the film includes Noel Fielding. He appears only briefly, making his adult fans suffer through the juvenile silliness for just a fleeting glimpse really. This film is really for kids only.
My two granddaughters love `Horrid Henry`. They laughed and giggled as this mischievous character got up to mischief and cheek.Henry is a bit naughty and cheeky so as long as the kids know not to copy him then its a good film.