on 20 September 2013
An excellent product which clamps onto a music stand with fairly thin guage piping as well as onto my big black concert music stand. It is fine for soprano, concert and tenor ukes when the player is sitting down and the music stand is lowered to suit. But in that sort of situation it is only just possible to hang a baritone uke without it touching the floor. I normally have one of these and a holder for a pint beer mug clamped to my stand! Don't put your much loved instruments on the floor where they can be damaged!
on 13 June 2012
I bought this so I could attach it to my music stand for somewhere to put uke between songs. It is really well made but the problem is that it really needs something like a mic stand to work properly. There is a workaround though! Get yourself a large bulldog clip and put it on the music stand (it doesn't have to fit tightly) then clip it to that - works a treat.
review image
on 15 August 2013
Sturdy, good price, clips everywhere, horizontally or vertically, keep my instruments off the floor in a soft hand...
Perfect product. Absolutely great.
on 3 June 2016
Convenient, Transportable, and Efficient! This product is just about perfect for my needs and I can highly recommend it to anyone else who is a gigging musician. If you play more than one instrument on stage like I do, it can be difficult to find a set up that is easy to use, well made, and painless to transport. I play a tenor ukulele with a thin neck similar to that of a fiddle and have tried several hanging or standing products to keep it steady yet accessible while not in use. Stands, which can be far more cumbersome to transport, also have the potential of being kicked over on stage, so I have always preferred the safety of having the instrument fastened in front of me. I have tried other versions of this same idea and this still seems to be the best. The clamp is strong and can adjust to a much wider pole such as an amp or speaker stand if necessary. It can also hold far more weight than just a fiddle or uke so can be versatile for other stage needs (provided your mic is well grounded). My only reason for not giving it the full 5 stars is the product weight. Being mostly metal, I do find the clamp has more the feel of a household tool and this is something to consider if you already carry a good deal of gear. This is the one compromise for the quality of the product.

Word to the wise - if you play in dark clubs and/or on busy stages with lots of bands - make sure you check for this before you leave (!) I have nearly left this clamp on microphones all over the world as unlike stands, cables, and boxes, I promise it will not catch your eye as well during clean up. Consider adding some glow in dark tape or band labels to the middle bar and that should cover you.
on 12 July 2013
After a year or so of falling over instrument stands when playing with our local ukulele band, I thought I would give one of these a try. Although a bit fiddly to set up at first (the instruction sheet could do with being a smidge clearer), once on the mic-stand it's a fabulous way to keep alternative instruments to hand and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who plays (or plays alongside someone who plays) more than one instrument during a set. It's a robust bit of kit (don't try using it on a normal, spindly music-stand, too heavy!) that should stand a lot of wear, I hope. I am encouraging our other multi-instrumentalists to invest in these and then we can ban other instrument stands from the stage!

This is the only clamp-hanger I have tried. There may be others out there which are better/cheaper but I found this one to be of very good quality for a reasonable price and have already recommended by word of mouth.
on 24 May 2013
I wish I'd bought this before...
I'd spent a long time leaving my ukulele on the floor at gigs until I needed to use it, with the inevitable scramble to grab it between songs. Once I bought this clamp life got a lot easier - I know that's a bold statement to make but no I can just reach to one side and grab the uke easily.
Very well made, a good price for what it is and easy to use. Plus it doesn't take up much room in a gig box with all the leads.
I can't recommend this highly enough. If you perform in public and use a mic stand then it's easy, get one.
on 17 March 2016
I bought this to keep my fiddle out and ready to pick up at any moment. it attached very securely to my music stand (which has a chunky stand to fix the connector onto). Given the shape of the fiddle pegs, the fiddle didn't sit as flat as hoped so I tied some stout string around the peg box and now hang it from one of the arms of the hanger - job done.
on 4 January 2015
A good ukulele hanger. But beware!! The clasp is **only just** narrow enough to grip a typical music stand. I think maybe the manufacturer expects it to be used on stage microphone stands, rather than lightweight music stands. Either way, it holds onto narrow music stands, but only just.
on 1 March 2016
I use this on my music stand with my ukes when attending a practice, Saves having a separate stand. Works well providing you have a stable stand to clamp it too. Wouldn't be without it and have used on gigs as well.
Very good add on to say a guitar stand when space is a premium - I can put two guitars on a good stable stand. It's ideal too for putting my Luna Tapa ukulele on the back of a guitar stand. Seems robust enough.