Published on 21 Jan 2012 by debbie8355

3.0 out of 5 stars Only useful for my husband many better carriers out there!
I bought this ignoring all the criticism thinking all these people that make it so popular can't be wrong - Wrong! It was too heavy and bulky for me and my daughter wasn't impressed, my husband wore it a few times but we quickly found a Connecta and switched.
Published 3 months ago by Bridezilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential piece of baby kit. So good I bought all the accessories., 21 Jan 2012
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Babybjorn carriers have improved beyond all recognition over the last 10 years. The early versions were difficult to put on, the poppers flew open and you'd always wake your baby up transferring them to a pram. I never felt 'safe' wearing one outdoors and they were uncomfortable to use giving me chronic back/shoulder ache when worn as a last result to soothe a crying baby at the same time as tasks like making dinner.

I've used a miracle carrier for the last 6 months (I'm a childminder) in the black/grey liner colourway. I think this colourway is more practical with the brown hiding baby drool - often I end up with a wet tide mark with baby facing outwards dribbling on the pale carrier rim, even with a bib. I would advise the black or brown colourway ones as the best option.

I can wear the carrier almost continually all day with babies up until about 7 months (I am a weakling) and with older babies up to about a year I can wear it comfortably for about 15-20 mins. Ideal for having your hands free to catch older children on park climbing frames. I usually take a miracle carrier around with me now just in case one of the 3 under 5s I mind falls over/ gets tired as I'm able to push two little ones in a double buggy while wearing a carrier at the same time.

The optional fabric raincover you can buy is great in drizzle (not rain as it doesn't fit babies heads properly) for babies up to about 6 months. After that you'll really just be fine with your baby wearing a coat as you can only use the raincover with the baby facing inwards and after that stage they'd rather face outwards. If you don't you'll end up with pulled hair and a scratched chest or pulled chest hair and a scratched head. Pain is involved anyway.

I would say a baby carrier is an essential purchase if you have more than one young child allowing you to have both hands free so you can make the most of parks and tumble tots etc.

If you are considering this for a first child then the ability to soothe a fractious baby to sleep, dash out quickly without having to take a pushchair and having your hands free for 15 mins to eat your dinner or do most other tasks you can think of! is invaluable.

Cons I've found:

You can't see your feet which can make going up and down steps/stairs difficult especially if you are holding hands with two other small children at the same time. I wouldn't ever advise doing this without at least one hand free. You will end up throwing yourself backwards on your derriere so not to squash the baby going forwards.

Tide marks/ dribble don't look attractive, are far from hygienic on your baby carrier and may mean it's in the wash lots - I've found the best way to deal with this is for your baby to wear a large bib flopped over the front rather than using the babybjorn one.

If you have a bust, which is not uncommon with a new mum who will have the largest bust of her lifetime the closure slots are hidden underneath your armpits somewhere. It's not quite as easy to put on as the instructional video showing a man implies. However it is easy. If I'm putting the carrier on over a hard surface then I usually ask for the assistance of a third person, or kneel down low as there's a very slight possibility of dropping a heavy, wriggly baby while trying to locate the side slots.

I am now over the moon to have a second carrier so I always have one while the other is in the wash - the outer carry cover washes well.

The organic cotton credentials of this carrier are welcome. I'm not sure how much added comfort a fully clothed infant will appreciate but it's a great interior. There is a quite prominent 'organic' visible label which will be on display near your (hmmm can't think of a word the amazon filters will allow) area but you can always chop it off if you don't want to advertise your organic credentials in what would be your nappy area. Washable nappies with liners are great btw - I've become a recent convert and appreciate all things organic and fairtrade.

The end. I'm waffling.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent carrier, 24 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a significant step up in terms of quality from my previous carriers. The difference is immediately evident in the amount of padding, the better support structures, and the ease-of-use of the clasps. Despite this, it remains pretty light in weight.

The quality of the clasps makes a tremendous difference to safety, because the less time required to fiddle with getting the clips done up, the less chance there is of the baby falling out. There may also be less screaming! These clasps are all very well designed and can be opened and closed one-handed, without risk of pinched fingers.

When first trying the carrier out, the step-by-step instructions are a little confusing - drawings with lots of numbered parts and arrows are a little daunting - but once you get the hang of it, it is very straightforward.

A key adjustment is a slider to set the height of the baby. A fabric height guide is sewn into the carrier making it very easy to know where to set the slider. The carrier accommodates a wide range of heights and weights, from newborn until around 15 months. The height-adjustment slider is (intentionally) very stiff, but this shouldn't be too troublesome to most parents, who will only change it occasionally as the baby grows. As a parent of differently-sized twins, however, it would be nice to be able to change the height setting a little more easily!

Both of my babies very much enjoy being in this carrier. At 7 months old, they prefer facing outward. The lack of any dribble cloth, however, means the carrier does get a bit soggy as they drool at the world around them!

I'm not sure the babies really notice much difference over a cheaper model, but my back and shoulders certainly do! The waist band has sufficient rigidity to transfer a lot of the weight away from the shoulders. A minor niggle is that I would have liked to be able to adjust the waist band downwards, so as to sit on my hips rather than my stomach, but this adjustment doesn't seem to be possible. I also found the babies' heads to be quite close to my chin when using the suggested tape-measure settings, but this is easily corrected for and probably depends on the child's proportions.

My wife and I use carriers for country walks, but I am aware that some parents like to carry a baby around all day. If this is you, then it would certainly be worth investing in a really comfortable carrier such as this one.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars On the whole good quality..., 9 Sep 2011
I like it, its solid and generally well constructed. The only niggling thing for me is the straps that just flap around when it is done up. For a product of this price from a renowned brand I would have expected them to iron this out. However, I now tuck them in when its on which sort of fixes it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holey Moley!, 28 Jan 2012
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: BABYBJÍRN Baby Carrier Miracle (Black, Mesh) (Baby Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love the look of the fabric this carrier is made from. From a distance i.e. to the observer it looks the same uniform black all over but if you look close up it is completely see through with lots of tiny holes. It feels quite spongey and thin to the touch. I'd be cautious about wearing this with a teeny tiny newborn as the regular fabric versions give a lot more cushioning.

For me it's almost a five star item as it works perfectly as an additional baby carrier for summer time use. On the 5/6 days a year we get of extremely hot weather this airy carrier will be perfect rather than overheating me and any babies I'm carrying. If you are planning a beach holiday this is more in keeping with shorts and t-shirt attire although I'd be concerned the holes would fill up with sand and get scratchy.

If I had to buy one miracle carrier (which I think is the budget of most parents!) this wouldn't be my first choice due to the comparable lack of cushioning and I am dubious how 'clean' looking this carrier will stay as the holes might fill up with fluff, dribble etc or anything else you can expect your baby to throw at it. I'll update my review later this year to report how it fares.

I've used a miracle carrier for the last 6 months (I'm a childminder) in the heavy fabric black/grey liner colourway. I also have the organic one in the black and brown colourway - think the darkest colourways are more practical with the dark hiding baby drool - often I end up with a wet tide mark with baby facing outwards dribbling on the pale carrier rim, even with a bib. I would advise the black or brown colourway ones as the best option.

Cons I've found:

I'm over the moon to have a practical summer time carrier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only useful for my husband many better carriers out there!, 4 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby product that I own, 22 April 2012
This is by far the best baby product that I have bought (and as its my first I have bought the lot, you name it I have it, bumbo seat,icandy,baby gyms, tummy time mats etc etc)
I have been using this since my daughter was 5 days old, it is so easy to put on that I feel confident putting it on and taking off alone and when wearing it its really comfortable. i have walked up to 6 miles wearing it and still feel comfortable.
I spent a lot of money on a icandy travel system and hardly use it as much prefer to use this, my advice to anyone would be dont bother with a pram/pushchair, buy a baby carrier and then just get a stroller for when they are bigger. My daughter suffers with reflux and it definately helps when she is in this and she quite happily falls asleep in it even now at 5 months old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babybjörn Miracle, 25 Oct 2011
We where very much delighted by this product. Our baby also likes to be carried in the Babybjörn. The new construction helps a lot, because the weight of the baby is carried mainly on the hip and not on the shoulder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable product & simple to use, 19 Oct 2011
The product is great and fairly easy to use. However, I need to tuck in the flaps from dangling after adjusting the baby carrier into position. It might be better if the flaps can be velro neatly onto the baby carrier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Baby Carrier, 16 Jun 2011
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I actually didn't use this for our baby as our baby is pretty large and he's already started walking at 7 months.

But, my sister borrowed it for her daughter and she mentioned it was brilliant, below is her verdict.

It looks great and feels even better. I spent allot of money on a bugaboo and pram and I now feel as though that was a waste of money. The best part of the carrier is that my baby is close to me and I know all is okay with her movements and breathing.

The carrier has good adjustable straps that feel very secure, it's just like a harness you know the baby is secure and no matter what your baby is really comfortable next to your body. I particular like it as the weight balance is over my shoulders than my back. You can adjust this so, the weight can be distributed more so on your back. But, I adjusted it so, the bulk of the weight is on my shoulders.

The build quality is very good, the materials are excellent and overall for the price it is good value for money. I believe this will last a child upto 15 or so months and this particular carrier is better than a pram. I can remove my daughter in and out with ease and she seems to like it as well with her odd smiles.

I would go as far as to say save yourself some hassle and money and buy a baby carrier than a pram. The closeness of having your child also increases your bond.
I would have never thought a baby carrier would make such a difference mentally to me. Most of my family have used a pram, hence that is why I brought one. That pram is pretty much redundant now. I don't want to get rid of it as it was expensive and still in mint condition(maybe I'll seel it on ebay).

The babybjorn miracle baby carrier is the rolls royce of carriers, it is strong and very strudy. It feels lovely and looks nice as well. I have had numerous new parent ask me where I got it from (Amazon obviously)and how much, 2 of them have already purchased it from Amazon.

They also thanked me as they were also about to purchase prams, but they are now converts just like myself.

If you are seriously thinking of buying one, do not hesitate and buy one pronto.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 16 Dec 2011
Yesterday I walked 10km(6,2 miles) with my 10kg(22 pounds) baby in this carrier! At the end I was tired of course but not exhausted! And I'm a woman and not particularly fit!
It's an amazing product with unbelievable back support. Absolutely worthed the money!

ARRAY(0xab13c624)

BABYBJÍRN Baby Carrier Miracle (Black, Mesh)
ú89.90