on 3 May 2012
I bought this from OfficeEtc via Amazon and it arrived in good condition.

My only initial gripe was that the screen accuracy for touch was not great, but I could live with that.

The device started to randomly change the time (not by a few seconds or minutes and not by a different timezone). It would be several hours and minutes out, then correct itself on a full reboot. I also noticed that the GPS NEVER got a lock.
Archos customer support were unhelpful and bordering on rude.

Thankfully OfficeEtc gave me a full refund. Having experienced Archos customer support I will always avoid Archos in the future. Even a working replacement would not suffice as there would always be the risk of needing to contact their customer support again.

Now that the Sumsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 has come down to a reasonable price, I have gone for that. So far, a much much better experience.

If you value good service (and a working product), I recommend avoiding Archos at all costs.
on 14 February 2014
THIS is the third Archos Gen9 10.1 inch tablet I have purchased and I am totally satisfied with all of them.
on 4 February 2014
i bought this item buttons scratched on it and kept getting stuck now doesnt even come on at all ridicolous
on 25 April 2014
Excellent piece of kit, far more to it than I expected. Great value , my wife has not put it down
on 25 May 2015
Avoid like the plague. Slow, clunky, slow, charger doesn't work, slow slow and very very slow.
on 26 January 2012
This is a very sturdy and lovely looking tablet but I had to return this one as it had a small scratch right in the centre of the screen! Sounds like a little thing but when viewing anything with a light background it sticks out like a sore thumb! Also, I noticed some interference on my screen when viewing the settings menu, disappeared when the menus were closed so I was prepared to accept this but not the scratch. I did get a very little bit of rippling if my fingers rested on the speaker at the rear but as fingers shouldn't be over the speaker again I was prepared to over look this.

As always Amazon customer service is outstanding with a replacement on it's way and the faulty unit booked for collection. I do hope this one is ok as I really want to see what it can do. Only had the faulty one out for 20mins but thought it best to return it sooner rather than later.

Hopefully I can come back and revise this when my new unit arrives.

-UPDATE-
Just received my 2nd and it had faulty pixels at the bottom of the screen! :o\ Amazon won't send a replacement so will refund me. I've just bought another, 3rd time lucky or goodbye!

ANOTHER UPDATE!!

Received my THIRD today and everything was perfect UNTIL I saw the debris UNDER the screen. Bits of I don't know what standing out like sore thumbs when viewed with a light background. I may be a perfectionist but seriously, if I buy something new I expect it to be flawless and Marks on/under the screen are just not acceptable. For some reason I have gone for yet another exchange. I have bought all the accessories to go with this and it is really great just PLEASE find me one without screen problems!!!

FINAL UPDATE!!

I received my fourth the other day and more screen faults. It's a real shame as this could be a great tablet but the quality checks obviously just don't happen. I ended up with the LG Optimus Pad which is more expensive but it has 3G built in. So if you take into account the price of the Archos Dongle, there's only a few £ in it. The LG Optimus is OUTSTANDING and offically has the best screen of any tablet!

Thanks to Amazon for their outstanding customer service.
on 12 November 2014
just what i wanted, but will take a long time to find out how to do everything!
on 23 September 2014
For price - it's ok - but wouldn't purchase another Archos tablet.
on 15 January 2016
Disappointing - didn't hold its charge well and rather cumbersome
on 16 February 2015
Bargain price and the screen is about right picture quality good