5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I bought this machine about 1 months ago and I can't praise it enough. Looks great on my counter top and takes up hardly any room. We drink mostly milk based drinks in our house so first think I did was change the settings for the latte macchiato as this only gives you an espresso size shot of coffee. We use the Lungo pods and I set it to dispense a lungo shot, then I...
Published 17 months ago by ealing lad

1.0 out of 5 stars The milk frother simply does not work
The Second time I have had this machine in the space of 4 months and it is causing the same problems. The milk frother makes lovely frothy coffee and then it doesn't. You end up with lukewarm coffee with no froth that tastes as though you just made it from instant. I spoke to Nespresso about the first one and they confirmed that I was doing the right things (I clean...
Published 6 months ago by SJ J.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING MACHINE, 30 Nov. 2011
Very quick and easy to use. Compact size and delivers good hot coffee. Would recommend this coffee machine to anyone that likes fresh coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Delonghi EN520.W Nespresso Lattissima Plus Coffee Maker - White (Kitchen & Home)
I am not a coffee expert, but i do enjoy good coffee.
i was looking to get coffee that is similar to the one you buy from the coffee shop without the large price tag.
well, considering that each capsule is roughly 30 pence, it is a great value!
i chose this particular machine because it was the cheapest one with the automatic milk frothing.
I have no idea how to use the manual milk frother or how to do latte & cappuccino. so this is perfect for me.
i have to say it is brilliant! now my sister asked me to buy her one for christmas.
i love how they have 20 permanent kinds of capsules to choose from and each and everyone has a different taste.
one negative comment that i found (but very minor) is the cleaning of the milk compartment. the plastic tube that sucks the milk into the cup and froth it is really a mess to clean in my opinion. but it is a thing i am willing to do if it means getting lovely coffee at the convenience of my own home.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to get the temperature right..., 17 Aug. 2013
Replaced my old Magimix with one of these recently and yes indeed, if you use milk straight out of the fridge, the end result is definitely not hot enough. There are however a few things you could try:

1. Dispense the espresso first. Makes it quite a bit hotter
2. Warm the milk up in the microwave oven for 30 seconds before pouring it into the milk container. Makes it perfectly hot.
3. You could also just leave the container filled with milk on the machine all the time therefore keeping it at room temperature but I appreciate some people may consider there to be health or hygiene issues associated with that solution so adopt this at your own risk. You will have to wash the container daily if you do this.

I use all three these methods interchangeably and loving the coffee. Going through capsules like you wouldn't believe!

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great coffee, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my husband for Christmas. He's delighted. I had difficulty chosing between this and the Nespresso Citiz and Milk. Glad I went for this one. The reason I did go for the Lattissima was the ease of making a latte or cappucino with the in built milk steamer. I think we use it far more than a machine with a seperate frother such as the Citiz and Milk.

The Lattissima is so easy to use and has us drinking far more coffee than usual (maybe a bad thing). Swith it on (takes very little time to warm up), put in your capsule, push a button and you'll have your espresso, lungo, cappucino or latte. Push another button to clean the steamer and that's it - great. You can use the latte button to make great hot chocolates or steamers as well, just push the latte button again to stop it before it would normally put the coffee in.

Only downsides are (stopping me from giving it 5 stars) -
1) could perhaps be slightly hotter though for me it's perfectly hot, but for some drinkers who like their drinks boiling then it may not reach scalding temps.
2) might get expensive as since we've had it we've drunk far more coffee than usual and I don't think the novelty will wear off (I didn't even like coffee that much before).

Pros
1) fab coffee
2) easy to use and clean
3) milk container can be stored in the fridge (and put through the dishwasher)
4) compact - looks slick in the kitchen

Also - nespresso club (for ordering capsules) is so easy to use. My husband really enjoyed chosing different coffees and spending the £40 cash back credit we got.

All in all - I definitely chose the right machine. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful...with a few niggles, 25 Jan. 2014
lizzie (north of north) - See all my reviews
This is not my first Nespresso machine, I love Nespresso. The coffee is great and the service from Nespresso and The Club are second to none.
The Lattissima Plus is a great machine, especially if you like coffee with milk - not just espresso. The unit is compact, smaller than my old Citiz. Very easy to set up and an instruction book included in the box - no going to a website to download. The milk box goes into the fridge when not is use, pipe easy to rinse after each use by pushing a button. Four buttons for coffee style:espresso, Lungo, capuccino, latte. The drip tray pulls out for smaller cups and goes in for taller mugs or glasses. The milk frother works very well, I use unsweetened soya milk and it is wonderful!
The niggles:
I have no idea why the silver version is more expensive than the others, they're just coloured plastic.
The cord is a bit short, fully extended only about 20 inches, I think.
The factory settings for latte use too much milk. You have to reset the volumes, which isn't that hard to do, for them to come out how you like them. True with all the selections for me.
With the drip tray pushed in for a bigger cup the lower drip tray is fixed, so cannot be taken out to clean. It is also very deeply grooved, so not just a simple wipe to clean. But if you use it and then immediately pull out the other tray it will drip into that which is easier to clean.
The unit isn't very tall, so not all tall glasses or mugs will fit.
Coffee isn't boiling hot, you pretty much have to drink it straight away. There are some things you can do to help this, like run the machine before putting in a capsule so the hot water heats the cup, or put the cup in the microwave. Someone has suggested doing a factory reset and the temperature would be warmer. I tried it and can't really say I've noticed a difference.
None of the niggles are enough to change my opinion of the machine or of Nespresso. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 9 Jan. 2014
S. Evans (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a Christmas present for my husband. It is easy to use and produces lovely cups of coffee each and every time. The milk frother is great and it's handy that it can be removed for making coffee for those who prefer espresso or just a dash of milk. Love the white machine as it coordinates with other appliances in our kitchen. Received 16 capsules (one of each available) with the machine. Unfortunately, when we went to order the Welcome Pack of capsules which comes with a capsule holder if it's your first order, they were out of stock. However, the machine itself is fine and is so quick at producing a delicious coffee - long may it last!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Jan. 2014
Had this as a Christmas present to replace my tried and tested Krups machine of nearly 10 years. A month after use and the coffee outlet became blocked. This was surprising as we only make on average 4 drinks a day. After a prolonged trouble-shooting session with customer service and fiddling with the bits and ends, it worked again. Apparently this machine requires a lot of aftercare, compare to the Krups; you have to eject the capsule after each use, prime the machine before using in the morning by just running water through it, clean regularly the inside and outside of the capsule chamber etc. Well, it wasn't what I expected of a machine of this style and price and though I appreciated the thought my wife had when she got this, both of us are extremely disappointed by how flimsy it has turned out to be. Shame we can't return it because of the 14 day policy!

5.0 out of 5 stars 10⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, 8 Nov. 2014
I have had this a while now and am very pleased with it , but more impressed with the aftercare!!!!! Had a couple of problems with this machine but when you call, the techs really know their product. And if all fails they collect within 3 days and leave you another machine whilst it is being fixed. Not many companies do that nowadays ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this machine, 16 Jun. 2012
We bought this as a replacement for a Magimix M200 Nespresso which sprung a leak after six years. We opted for the Lattissima because it was the only model available that heats and froths milk with steam, which is what we are used to. We were not keen on the idea of an aeroccino.

We have always used only ristretto capsules and continued to do so with the Lattissima. Similarly, we used the same cappuccino and espresso cups. Initially, the coffee didn't taste too bad, although it seemed noticeably weaker than that produced by our Magimix M200. It was also not hot enough for our tastes, despite heating the cups prior to using the machine. Nevertheless, we decided to persevere.

After about four weeks, the taste of the coffee obtained from this machine really started to deteriorate. It tasted quite insipid and was totally lacking depth. The difference in quality of the coffee produced by our old machine and the Lattissima was remarkable, considering we were using exactly the same Nespresso capsules. It is possible to reprogramme the Lattissima to adjust volumes of milk and coffee and we have tried several permutations. All, however, have failed to produce coffee of comparable quality to our old Magimix.

Around this time, the Lattissima indicated it required descaling. I queried this with Nespresso as it had only been used for about 20 cups of coffee a week, if that. Nespresso said the machine had a quirk whereby it often needed to be descaled early in it's life. They assured me that, after this initial descaling, the process should not need to be repeated for 3 or 4 months. Time will tell whether this is true. If this machine requires descaling every 4-6 weeks, however, running costs will rack up, considering you can only use Nespresso branded descaling kits, at a cost £7 with delivery charges on top.

I had hoped descaling our Lattissima would improve it's performance but evidently not; we are still getting luke warm, insipid coffee. I actually tested it against our old Magimix using capsules from the same batch, the same volume of milk etc. The coffee from the Magimix had a far superior taste and was hotter. It is just a shame that we can't continue to use it regularly due to a leak.

I felt certain that De Longhi machines must have a lower bar pressure than Magimix as this seemed the only possible explanation for the inferior quality of the coffee. I rang Nespresso to query this but they stated both machines had 19 bar pressure.

On the plus side, the Lattissima is very easy to use and clean. You basically press a button and the coffee comes out - it's just a shame about the taste. The manual recommends the milk frother is dismantled and cleaned twice a week. I rinsed all the parts through after every use, however, as the milk left in the container had a slightly foul smell after it had been heated. I would certainly not return any unused milk in the frothing container to the fridge to use again, as suggested in the manual. You can, however, learn to judge exactly how much milk you need.

Judging by the other reviews, a lot of people are clearly happy with their Lattissima. We love Nespresso coffee, just not from this machine. Maybe we bought a dud. We will certainly try to return it as £200 is a lot of money for a machine that makes coffee we don't want to drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Great Coffee, 8 Mar. 2012
I have bought this coffee machine few weeks ago. We use it every day and it's doing fine. Mainly for latte and cappuccino. Froth is satisfying. Quality of the machine is very good. It doesn't make as much noise as expected. You can detach the whole milk container and store it in the fridge. Yes it's surprisingly good (I was sceptic about it). I recommend, cheers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›