5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!!
After reading reviews for this, I took my time, made sure the children were totally covered, and left it on for over the time recommended. Hey presto, totally clear first time after a horrendous summer of picking it up from school again every time we managed to get them free of the blessed things!
In our 'politically correct' times where schools don't seem to do...
Published 11 months ago by Cas

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!
Published 12 months ago by A

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I was sceptical before buying this product and my instincts were right. Really doused my son's hair and my own in the shampoo and left on for over the 10 minutes specified. (Your hair would have to be extremely short to get anywhere near the 'up to 8 treatments' stated on the box). Removed plenty of eggs and some lice after rinsing. Changed all bed linen etc. and had no contact with other people throughout the day. Before going to bed my son combed his hair as it still felt itchy and sure enough, out popped a small live louse closely followed by another. Feel really annoyed that I have wasted my money and was duped by the TV adverts claiming t to be '100 per cent effective'. The only positive is the comb included in the box.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lyclear sprayaway works but this doesn't!, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I used a product from lyclear which I'm pretty sure was sprayaway, and it stank, in my opinion that's a good thing. The product worked and lasted a long time.

So my wife bought the shampoo based on this experience. As soon as I saw it I was skeptical. When I smelt it I was even more sure it wouldn't work, it smells quite nice.

First time around I used it like you would use a shampoo - mistake - it goes on dry hair. Not to worry as the blurb says that lice can't become resistant to it.

Second time around I combed, then with the skepticism in mind I over applied and left it on for 20mins. Washed out and then combed. First thing that caught my eye was the fact that the lice that combed out were still alive. We combed them out and left them on some paper. I talked my wife into leaving them overnight on the paper, by saying that they can only climb hair and can't really walk about. She said it was a stupid idea but I wanted to know whether they would have dried out and died by morning. I took the precaution of changing bed linen too.

As predicted by my wife, they were in rude health and had managed to walk up to 10 inches away by morning, I was fairly disgusted at the fact that the treatment appeared to make absolutely no difference.

10 days on, I found a few massive lice, and figured that these must have survived that last treatment in order to be that big to be fair there weren't as many as before but I put that down to combing. Treated again, we'll see.

Tonight I'll apply shampoo directly to a louse and see if that works, my money's on the louse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box!!, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
In our 'politically correct' times where schools don't seem to do anything other than send a letter home to all homes warning that 'there is a case' in the school time after time, we were at our wits end.
Will keep a box handy and also a bottle of coconut shampoo as the pharmacist advised that at the moment, that is the shampoo that nits 'don't like, and will help keep them clear!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box., 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Bought this, because well I have children who occasionally get lice. Had stopped using treatments a few years ago, because the odour was too strong for me, and triggered asthma. So for the past few years have been doing the conditioner method. If you have ever done this, you know how time consuming it is for one child. I have four, plus of course my own hair.

Anyway saw this and thought okay lets give it a go.
First of all, it has a very slight smell, and not the usual treatment smell. If you have used them, you know that distinctive smell.
So you soak the dry hair with this and leave for about 10 minutes. Add a bit of water to make a lather before rinsing off. Then sit and comb through the hair, using the comb provided. It's a good idea to arm yourself with lots of tissue to clear the comb between use. For this bit, I had my children sitting in their dressing gowns, and they were washed after the treatment along with all bedding and clothing in when treatment started.

Anyway, continue combing until the comb is clear. Dry and style in the normal way.

When the hair is dry, you will find the hair is soft and shiny. So the teenagers don't mind having the treatment.

It is advised that the treatment is repeated in 7 days, but to be honest, the shampoo does such a good job, it wasn't needed.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete rip off, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
What a waste of money. No more effective than wet combing. The actual solution clearly had no effect. After leaving the product on for 2 hours we were still combing out several live healthy crawling lice. Stick to cheap spray conditioner and a comb! It will save you a fortune.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I bought this hoping it would solve my two girls long running headlice escapade for good, however, it says on the bottle that there is enough shampoo for up to 8 washes and that it's 100% effective. I washed both my daughters hair with it (they have long hair) and there was only enough for three washes, so I didn't get to do one of them for a second time. This is NOT 100% effective as there were still live lice and eggs in both daughters hair - I am going to write a complaint to the company and ask for my money back!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!, 12 Sep 2013
gw (msnchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Buy it - it actually works!! My daughter has very long hair, and she is now free of all bootstompers at last!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps, but is not 100% effective., 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This product is quite good, and helps to get rid of a lot of the head lice, but it is NOT 100% effective.

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Lyclear shampoo BURNS. I left it on my hair for longer then stated on the instructions as I have done with other types of headlice treatmets. The next day my neck felt like it was sunburnt and I have scabs all along the hairline at my neck. This has never happened before. I am not usually allergic to hair dyes or hair products of any kind and on re-reading the instructions there is no warning of this happening and no warning to not leave on longer then the stated 10 minutes. As soon as I find out who to complain to, I will be doing so. It also burnt the neck of my 2 year old son, but in a much milder way. I assume because he has very short hair and he only had a very small amount on his head. Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!!!!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lyclear Shampoo and Comb - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Completely useless, have used 3 times to try to break the cycle, removed some but certainly not all.. Total waste of money. Might as well just use conditioner and comb that through, it's probably more effective and costs less!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›