5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dell by any other name
Published 21 months ago by Nodrog

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Print quality is fantastic. Set-up was fast and easy, but it took me 10 minutes to diagnose and solve my only problem. It might be helpful to others if I explain. After successfully printing the test page I tried to print something of my own and repeatedly had a paper jam fault. The solution was to change the paper size, which is set to "letter" as the default (normal US paper size I assume), to A4 - very easy using the printer control panel/ wizard, once you realise what the problem is! I assume that when the size is set to something smaller than the paper you are using, the printer starts feeding the next sheet before the last has finished printing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dell by any other name, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
This printer is cheap and works reasonably well. It is virtually the same model as the Dell C1350 (which was the last printer we had) with the same drawbacks as the Dell. Once you have run out of toner - yellow in this case, you are unable to print in black just using the black toner. Another drawback is yet again with the chips used on the toner cartridges, once the printer says you have run out of toner, that is it. You have to have a ready supply of spare cartridges to enable you to keep printing and as the cost is 40+ per colour and you use all colours when printing black they soon run out and are expensive to replace. Dell 1350CNW A4 Colour LED Printer (WIFI, 12ppm Colour/15ppm Mono)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on text, so-so on photos, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Bought as an alternative to the default inkjet option as we print infrequently, and had always felt like we were paying for a lot of ink that got used up in priming the inkjet each time it was needed. So far the Epson seems to be doing a great job on that, proving economical to run. Networking is great, the power saving mode is worthwhile without being a major inconvenience, and it's relatively small for a laser printer.

The one downside is the quality of photos. I didn't expect inkjet levels of quality (or I'd have bought an inkjet!), but it's really not suited for photo printing at all - images are muddy and dull even on good paper. I haven't yet messed with colour profiles and other settings, so it may be possible for it do much better, but 'out of the box' it's disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 22 April 2013
Mr. B. Quelch (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
The printer is good value and works perfectly so far.
The software instal didn't follow exactly the instructions, but it all worked and began printing without any hitches.
It is sturdily built and has a small footprint on my desk.
It boots up quickly and doesn't seem to waste toner; unlike my inkjet. That's why I bought a laser, as I don't print much.
Toner might be expensive, compared to ink, but I'm not expecting to have to buy much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget laser printer, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Only takes up to 170gsm card but quality is very good for the price and they have printed my weddign invitations very well

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Good mid range printer does what it says on the can would recommend for home or small office good quality print

5.0 out of 5 stars Value Printer, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
I have now used this printer for several months and the printouts look really professional. Even photos look good for a Laser. It will print double sided, although you have to manually place the paper back in the tray to do the other side. It is so much better than the Samsung model I had previously which gave progressively worse printouts and died after a few years but very little use. I cannot comment on toner usage/cost for this printer as we don't tend to print large amounts so normally the printer is replaced before the toner runs out. Not very environmentally friendly I know, but the price of these things means it is not cost effective to repair, and we do leave it switched off unless it is being used. The printer is located near my wireless router so I bought the non wifi model and have connected it via a network cable to the router. It was very easy to set it up so that wireless printing is now possible. We have both Windows 7 and Vista machines and I have found no issues using the printer with either operating system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Epson Laser Printer, 9 April 2014
Stephen Mccarthy "pigyard" (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
This is my second Epson Laser Printer, the first one having lasted over five years and it was cheaper to buy a new one rather than repair the old one. The C1750N is great and my only regret after 12 months is that I should have bought a wifi enabled one. Maybe next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Brought this as a replacement for my disappointing "Kodak" printer, excellent delivery service and very pleased with this item. Easy to set up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but has its weaknesses, 24 Mar 2013
Mr. P. S. H. Marks (St Andrews, Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson C1750N AcuLaser Printer (Accessory)
Works smoothly but was disappointed with small capacity cartridges supplied with printer when purchased. It has also had a couple of paper jams and now emits a sortof whistling sound when printing!

ARRAY(0xa47d54b0)