5.0 out of 5 stars Onward and Upward
I found much to admire in BBC's 2010 album 'Flaws' and their new release
'A Different Kind Of Fix' delivers yet another laudable compilation. The
largely acoustic ambience of 'Flaws' is substantially swept away in this
collection of twelve new compositions. There is a harder, denser more
abrasive sound in evidence here which looks back to their 2009...
Published on 30 Aug 2011 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Hot Dog Jumping Frog Alber-Bombay
If 'Flaws' was Bombay Bicycle Club's well delivered difficult but subtly brilliant second album foregrounding the charmingly talented Lucy Rose - certainly it might have been for the Ivor Novello Awards - then 'Fix' is sure to become the commercially successful third album. However to my ears there is nothing here too adventurous compared with earlier material, but steady...
Published on 7 Sep 2011 by Joseph Augustine

5.0 out of 5 stars This group gets better and better, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
I absolutely adore this album and cannot stop playing it. The last one was excellent but I think this is even better. Excellent - you must buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars and the award for Best Album 2011 goes to..., 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
The title of this review might sound like a big and bold statement especially given the plethora of great music that has been released in the past 12 months. Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, The Kills, PJ Harvey, The Black Keys, The Vaccines and Miles Kane all stand outs amongst many others releasing brilliant material.

But it is the Bombay Bicycle Club's third outing that sits atop this pile, shining brightly as a beacon of hope against auto-tuned, manufactured chart-topping singles. This record achieves the incredible by forging a sound that has progressed, grown and developed from previous albums and still sounding and keeping what makes them so good in the first place.

Album opener "How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep" is a dancey, looped-riff track that builds to an impressive crescendo of pouring vocals and sound. From here we travel through highlights such as the light, boppy and happy "Your Eyes" and the serene "Lights Out, Words Gone". Both are stand-out tracks and brilliantly showcase the ways in which the band has grown since 2009's "I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose".

Other tracks worthy of note are "Beggars" and closer "Still". The former returns to the sound heard in 2010's acoustic "Flaws", whilst the latter is a fantastic way in which to round off the record in melancholy and tender fashion, parading the best of Steadman's identifiable vocals.

No review is complete however without mention of lead single "Shuffle". Not like anything the band had released before, "Shuffle" is a track sung with a face-wide grin and bounciness, the highlight and zenith for "A Different Kind of Fix".

In review, the Bombay Bicycle Club's third album makes them one's to watch and is wholly deserving of both your attention, money and time. Best Album of 2011? I think so!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 7 Nov 2011
Jonathan (The Bitter North) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
Cannot stop listening to this! Sounds like a mixture of Cure, Stone Roses and various other 80's & 90's bands I can't quite put a finger on.
And mine was a signed copy too :)

Go on, buy it! What's the worst that can happen?

5.0 out of 5 stars a FANTASTIC album, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
I couldn't wait for Bombay Bicycle Club's new album to be released, having loved both their debut and 'Flaws', which was released last year. All I can say is that it was completely worth the wait, it's an absolutely beautiful album. It seems much more reminiscent of 'I Had the Blues', than of 'Flaws', and I loved every single song. A must for any fan, you'll have it on repeat for the next month... I promise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow grower, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
Didnt like it on the initial play, but I forced myself to listen through as I was seeing them live. After seeing them live each tune started to grow on me. It took time and it's certainly not as good as their debut album but was worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (MP3 Download)
Having only been introduced to BBC last year I will not go into lyrical detailed comparisons to their previous work. Suffice to say that I really like this album, there are quiet songs, foot tapping songs and all with beautiful melodies and the lead singer's amazing voice. I thoroughly reccommend it! I honestly cannot say there is a song I would skip listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to fall in love, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
This is by far one of my favourite albums, ever, and I don't say that very often! It's so perfect it literally gives me butterflies.
Every single song is beautiful and it always puts me in the best mood after I listen to it.

Another heartwarming album from Bombay Bicycle Club.

4.0 out of 5 stars A grower, not a show-er, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
Nice subtle melodic pop-rock from BBC. Repays more than one listen.

A return to electric following their acoustic album, it is full of rich sounds and melodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous album, 28 Sep 2011
Guy Ingram "gingram71" (West Byfleet, Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (Audio CD)
I must have listened to this album 20 times already. I'm not really sure how I stumbled into it, but I love it. Stand out tracks include Your Eyes and Shuffle.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Lush, 15 Sep 2011
Saul Gowens (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Different Kind Of Fix (MP3 Download)
A fantastic listen that simply sticks in your unconsciousness. If you (like me are) a beginner to the BBC, then I'd urge you to take a listen. One thing not mentioned in the other reviews is I feel the whole album has a late eighties feel to it - it reminds me of Lush and even some early Stone Roses stuff. Perhaps that is just me?

A Different Kind Of Fix