5.0 out of 5 stars We Are The In Crowd, about to blow up in your face.
First off, dont be put off by the title. I'm merely saying that this band are really about to blow up and hit the big time. So I hope they can keep their feet on the ground.
My reason behind this statement?
Published on 19 Nov 2011 by CJP22

2.0 out of 5 stars Best intentions, but definitely not the best
Published 23 months ago by ktvowles

5.0 out of 5 stars We Are The In Crowd, about to blow up in your face., 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
My reason behind this statement?
Simply because this album is an amazing follow up to Guaranteed to Disagree. The band have made the right choice to do a completely new album, some bands like to re-hash songs from E.P's and shove them on a debut. But We Are The In Crowd are not just some band.
They draw comparisons with Paramore because of their melodic female vocalist, but to be honest, they dont sound anything like Paramore. I'm merely saying that they do so much differently to Paramore. The dual vocals, that capture and intrigue the listener, that make you want to learn the words and sing along. It is this vocal partnership that really puts this band on a different path to Paramore. Another reason, is that this band sound so much more like pop-punk. Think, All Time Low, The Maine, Cute Is What We Aim For, e.t.c
These bands dont use guitars for massive rock effect, they use them for harmonies and melodies. Which, for the songs that We Are The In Crowd have on this album, work extremely well.
The songs in question are full of energy and seem to be trying to reach out and grab the audience. It works.
From the catchy as hell Rumor Mill, to the slowed down and musically awesome All or Nothing. This whole album flows well and is musically tight.

So in my opinion, you should get the album if you've got Guaranteed to Disagree, but also, you should get this album anyway, they make for great driving music and also singalong-at-the-top-of-your-lungs music.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought on a whim..., 14 Dec 2011
...and i'm really pleased i did as it is great pop/punk tuneage!
Sort of in the same vein as Paramore/Fall Out Boy but they definitely have their own style and sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm actually really getting into this band, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of We Are the In Crowd since I heard their new album Weird Kids. It's strange how much of an appealing group they are to me for someone who only enjoys a handful of artists from the 2000/10s and I'm picky of certain pop punk groups. But WAtIC are different. Their lyrics are youthful but not juvenile, their music is upbeat but not saccharine. Comparisons have often been made between them with Paramore, another female-led pop punk outfit but I think the In Crowd have a more versatile sound to their music and never seemed to try and sway over the popular crowd (I don't hate Paramore but I don't love them either). I think the In Crowd have more of a No Doubt meets All Time Low sound (whether you think that's good or bad depends on your taste) and I think that combo makes for a great enjoyable sound. This band is really starting to grow on me.

I bought Best Intentions after hearing Weird Kids and I honestly find it hard to decide which is the superior record. Best Intentions has a more sunny feel to it whilst Weird Kids is more angst-permeating and rebellious. From the opening track 'Rumour Mill', this album just has such a great feel to it. It has a nice optimistic vibe to it against reflective lyrics which make for a unique listen. 'This Isn't Goodbye, It's BRB' and 'The Worst Thing About Me' also retain this sunny sound along with thoughtful lyricism. The combination of Tay Jardine and guitarist Jordan Eckes' vocals really work together greatly. All Time Low frontman Alex Gaskarth features on 'Kiss Me Again' which has a great poppish feel to it and a great choice for a single. 'On Your Own' is another single from the album that has a very catchy and fast paced composition. 'All or Nothing' is one of the slower songs on the album is a great change of pace from the more energetic sound of the first half of the album. The second half feels less jumpy with the exception of the closer 'Better Luck Next Time'. Tracks like 'Exist and Entrances' and 'See You Around' provide a great counterbalance to 'Kiss Me Again' and 'On Your Own' and show a mature side to the group's songwriting.

Best Intentions is a nice sunny debut record from one of the best pop bands around today. Tay Jardine's songwriting is mature but also captures a youthful spirit to it as well and her singing is beautiful. Jordan Eckes also provides some effective male vocals to counterbalance Tay's and their harmonies are what sell this group apart from others. With this and Weird Kids, this band are now becoming one of my favourites and I'm looking forward to hearing more from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
After I saw We are the in Crowd live I bought all their albums and they are all great. Best Intentions is full of hits and I truly enjoy all of the songs on the album my favourites being On your own, Rumour mill and Kiss me Again. This album is well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop-rock at it's best..., 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
Happy, bouncy pop-rock at it's very best - I can't understand why this band aren't bigger than they are... Recommended... Try it - you might like it !

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this band, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
this band is amazing and very talented, all the song are brilliant and so catchy.

If you like this genre of music its a must own you may also want there EP guarantee to disagree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
I haven't really heard of this band, but I took a leap of faith and landed straight in Tay Jardine's arms! This album contains some really great tracks and they are all in all a good band.
Recommended for rock/punk rock fans, We are the in crowd blast across both Genres with their meaningful lyrics and awesome instrumentals!
I usually buy songs on iTunes, but i'm glad I bought this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ALBUM!, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
Loved it! Every song was great! So glad I bought it, well worth the money. LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Best intentions, but definitely not the best, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
It all starts with a fade, a hook from Track 10 `Better Luck Next Time' heard echo-ing in the background before `Rumor Mill' kicks off. Arpeggiated guitar and your standard 4/4 beat drums mixed with Paramore-esque vocals from Tay Jardine may get you thinking We Are The In Crowd are just like all the rest. Well, you're probably right. There's just something I can't resist about them. Male vocalist/guitarist Jordan Eckes' vocals provide a mellow lower layer of sound which helps neutralise the extremely saturated sweetness of lead singer Tay Jardine's.

`Exits and Entrances' stands out for me, it has an extremely strong hook, the words are set unusually to the melody and this makes for interesting listening. Don't get me wrong it's not the best in the world and there's no doubt there'll be better from another band. `Kiss Me Again' is your standard pop-punk beauty: thumping drums, distorted lead guitar, predictable melody and lyrics laced with tales of love. Nothing special but of its genre it's a good song. We Are The In Crowd aren't out to change the world with their music, just have fun and create music that people like. If you like All Time Low, you'll love We Are The In Crowd (think huge fanbase of 14 year old girls with sweepy fringes and eyeliner that looks like it's been shovelled on). They're not amazing like some claim they are, but hey, they're good & you've gotta give `em that.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Best Intentions (Audio CD)
bouncy and uplifting music happy feeling and was
amazing to drive to, really glad i brought this album thanks to my sister who reccomended

Best Intentions
Best Intentions by We are the in Crowd (Audio CD - 2011)