5.0 out of 5 stars Funny an moving
From the opening shot of the sons and daughter gathered around their mothers coffin I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. I think Peter Mullan is a genius for making a movie which is both incredibly funny and extremely touching in a completly unsentimental way. The events of the story will constantly catch you off guard which you can't say for most Hollywood films. A...
Published on 4 Feb. 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic seller. So so film.
Published 20 months ago by Aunty Stella

4.0 out of 5 stars Black quirky Glasgow humour, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Orphans - DVD (DVD)
Many years since I first saw this film, have been looking for the dvd for a while when I saw it on Amazon recently. The humour was darker and the events taking place in the film were more gritty than I remembered but never the less the acting was very good and there were some real strangely hilarious parts of the film. If you like Glasgow humour and don't mind bad language this fim is for you. Definately not one for children tho!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic seller. So so film., 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Orphans [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
The DVD came in a couple of days and in good condition so I'd really recommend the seller. I grew up in one part of Glasgow and my neighbour grew up in another. I recognised a lot of Glasgow culture in the film but I didn't relate to it. My neighbour absolutely loved it. If you love Peter Mullan's other work like Neds and Trainspotting you'll probably love this but it wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Scottish Black Comedy, 15 Jan. 2009
Cheryl Turner - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orphans [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
My wife and I went to the cinema years ago and didn't know what film we wanted to see, the ticket sellar recommended "Orphans" and we absolutely loved it. I couldn't wait to buy it when it came out on DVD and it's the one movie that I always loan to friends/family when they want a film to watch. Peter Mullan is an absolute Scottish legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it., 8 July 2009
James Smith (GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Orphans [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Its amazing the amount of people who have never heard of this classic movie.Its a wonderful movie which will have you laughing,crying,raging and just about every emotion you can think of

As the title of my review says : Just but it.

2.0 out of 5 stars On saying that love all Douglas Henshalls films, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Orphans [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
unfortunately had to return as it kept freezing on us seen it a long time age but was wanting to see it again as my niece is in it .On saying that love all Douglas Henshalls films .

4.0 out of 5 stars Humorous Glasgow Movie, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Orphans - DVD (DVD)
Quite an entertaining Movie about life in a Catholic Glasgow Family during the Bereavement of the Loss of their Mother, quite funny in parts but also very unPC in parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Orphans [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
The DVD cover was a bit tattie but I expect that as it was an old DVD , the delivery came before time given and very pleased , will be ordering more soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what he wanted., 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Orphans - DVD (DVD)
Bought this for hubby, at his request... Its not my type of film so havent watched it, but he loves it... I think its supposed to be a bit nasty!

5.0 out of 5 stars A worth watching DVD., 31 July 2014
This review is from: Orphans - DVD (DVD)
I saw this in the cinema and really enjoyed it but felt I missed some of the humour so bought the DVD. It didn't disappoint me. Value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Orphans - DVD (DVD)
One of the saddest and yet funniest films you'll ever watch. Brilliant.

Orphans - DVD
Orphans - DVD by Peter Mullan (DVD - 2011)