on 29 December 2011
Ordered from Amazon and must say absolutly brilliant arived within 48 hrs of my order.
The netbook performs to perfection easy to get on to internet and downloaded windows live mail no problem.The netbook is quick very quiet and the keyboard is easy to use.
I would recomend this pc and only have nothing but praise for amazon for there excellent service,
on 19 February 2012
I bought one of these for use away from my desk and when travelling. Unfortunately it really struggles to cope with Windows 7 Starter, it takes AGES to boot up and it is barely usable with Internet Explorer running.
I was tempted to return it under the sale of goods act but have instead decided to order a 2GB RAM module from Kensington - the ones Asus suggested as being compatible are KVR1066D3S8S7/2G (1066 MHz) or KVR800D3S8S6/2G (800 MHz).
For checking email I find it much more convenient to use the K-9 mail client on my Android smartphone than waiting for this machine to settle down.
I had planned to buy an external CD/DVD drive to use with this netbook when travelling but I can't imagine it coping with that unless the additional RAM makes a big difference to its performance.
I suspect that the above will also apply to any other brand of netbook that has only 1GB RAM and runs Windows 7 Starter.
on 17 June 2012
great little netbook. has a great battery life, nice quality keyboard and screen. i wrote a full review of it at techrevoo.com if anyone is interested in reading it.
on 10 April 2013
But totally needs another gig of ram to actually make it run Windows with any chance of success.

Otherwise battery life is good, and the keyboard is nice to type on. If you're buying this you probably have a specific purpose in mind (I use mine for navigation with a GPS receiver) and it will do most things that don't involve video rendering

Overall pretty happy with it.
on 23 August 2013
I bought the Asus Refurbished Laptop I as liked its make and style. But after using it for only 2 weeks the power in it cut off. Since then the laptop cannot work and i feel i have just wasted my money.I know it is a refurbished laptop but I never thought it will last me for only a couple of weeks
on 21 January 2012
i have this pc, good machine,nice looks/well made..good price,320GB HD..SD card slot..1GB RAM...the 2GB RAM i put in it cost me a tenner........my vodafone 3G dongle works fine.i can get the internet.3 USB`s..570 INTEL ATOM is fast enough.i prefer the mat screen as it doesnt glare when the sun shines on it, you can still see whats on the screen....the smooth screen glares when the sun shines in it, you cant see whats on the screen.......its size and weight are fine.its great for travelling with.if im on vacation/holidays.its handy to check up on my bills and messages..making calls..i dont want to stay on the internet while im on vacation/holiday..i want to see places, visit places ...not to stay on the internet all through my vacation/holiday,i can do that at home..this pc is more than enough for my needs......cant complain......
on 13 February 2012
I have had this computer now for more than two months and am more than happy with it. The netbook becomes warm but in no way hot, and certainly not unbearable to put on your lap. I don't find it noisy either, as others have. The upgrade to 2 GB was very simple and not expensive at £10. And yes, the notebook should be sold with the 2GB.(I also have a 1GB memory card doing nothing!) As already mentioned Windows7 is limited but as it's a second computer I don't need much more from it. I am always satisfied with the service from Amazon and would be happy to purchase from them again. Rather mean of you KENTISHMAN sharing the fact that you bought it cheaper from PC world! But perhaps the service is lacking?
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 May 2012
I bought this wee machine mainly for portability to enhance my posing cababilities in coffee shops and other free wi-fi hotspots that are frequented by good looking women. I also wanted to have something Bigger in my hand (if you know what I mean)than the "Have you noticed my new phone brigade" that usually infest such places.
It arrived well packaged (no pun intended)and I was pleasantly impressed by the sleek matt blackness of the casing. The little charger is both dinky and cool.
I whipped out the 1gb memory and thrust in the 2gb I had ordered along with it and then booted it up and away it went - posing ready!
The keyboard is a fair size and responds well to touch. If what your typing is important then you will need to keep an eye on the screen as the curser will jump around the text for no apparent reason sometimes. I just pretend that I'm typing so this dosen't matter to me.
The screen is clear and allows for sufficient images of women over the age of 18 years and looking for men in my area NOW to be perused. The video cabability is also enough as to afford very good streaming of those females (over 18) who are looking to come live in the UK can cook; clean, and perform all other necessary tasks that may be required by the managem....the future husband.
All in all the Asus Netbook 1015px in matt black finish has enhanced my social life no end. I can ignore with disdain those dead-tree readers and those with their pithy mobile phones now while I feverishly tap,tap,tap complete random keys and furrow my brow with self-importance.
I'm saving up for a Macbook Pro for Christmas and then I can be a complete Coffee Shop frequenter that smirks and basks in unbrideled glory
on 25 June 2012
I chose this to replace my former EeePC, which did over three years sterling service and only had to be replaced because it was on a steady decline into old age.

I really wish I'd replaced it with something other than this.

I daresay there are aspects of this machine which must please someone more tech-savvy than me, but as I am one of those people who relates to a computer as a user rather than a playmate, I can only comment on how it feels to use, which is, in brief, pretty rubbish.

What are the two main things I use? Keyboard and track pad, of course.

The keyboard is pants. I have had to learn to type harder than before, because if I type with normal pressure, I miss letters. Particularly on the top row - QWERTYUIOP - some of which are fairly useful. Typing hard is not doing the arthritis developing in my hands any good. Also, the right shift key is too small and located just to the inside of the up arrow, so much of the time I end up hitting "UP".

As for the track pad ... GRRRRR. Sometimes it's way too sensitive, sending my cursor off somewhere unexpected on the screen, or just clicking on links and stuff that I was attempting to zoom past in order to hover over something else.

Sometimes it's way too insensitive, failing to respond to "clicks", so I end up having to click the button/bar thingy to get a response.

Sometimes, it's just plain random, deciding to cling onto stuff on the screen and highlight it, or scroll a whole page when I'm attempting to move from one place to another.

What's the point, really, of having decent disc space and groovy whizzbangs when the basic things make the computer frustrating to use?

If I had the money I would replace this with something else. I miss my old Eee. (And I have just had to go back into this review to insert all the letters that got missed.)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I don't have time for a well-crafted review but I felt compelled to say something about this product so here it is in bullet points:

- keyboard - chicklet layout is fine: t's one of the selling points of this netbook. But on this model the keys feel of a poorer, cheaper build than my previous eee pc. I'm a touch typist and the keys need firmer tapping, sometimes missing a letter when you don't type hard enough.

- the matt black on the outer bit looks great and isn't as dusty as the shiny piano finish on the inside. why did they bother with the shiny finish on the keypad? It's constantly grubby looking.

- Windows 7 Starter Edition is soooooo slow! I will have to buy more RAM and violate the warranty by opening it up. Very irritating.

- Windows 7 Starter Edition does not allow you to use your own images on the desktop or log-in screen which is ANNOYING. But you can do it with a free tool on the internet. Google 'Tweaks Log On' to change the log in screen image. There are also tools online to change the desktop images. Google 'Starter Background Changer' (good software by Renaud Gerson though translation is poor)

- The trackpad is far too sensitive to casual touch. The cursor infuriatingly leaps all over the screen when you're typing. This doesn't happen on other laptops I own. I have fiddled with the trackpad controls to no avail.

- The right shift key is small and positioned right next to the up arrow which makes it easy to strike the up arrow by mistake.

Verdict: no, sorry, not good enough, Asus. Or is it just that Windows 7 Starter Edition is inappropriate for netbooks?

Please note: I bought this because I was so happy with an earlier incarnation of this netbook with Windows XP as its OS.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...