5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant descaler
My aga kettle has never been descaled properly before! Fabulous. This is a great product. I just boiled it up and left for an hour or so and voila, perfectly clean kettle.
Published on 5 May 2012 by Storytime

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes the limescale off - and everything else
I've never seen my kettle so clean! The water is so shiny and clean that it comes out purple and tasting of - oh, actually we didn't dare taste it!
Published on 7 Mar. 2012 by Hugo Minney

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes the limescale off - and everything else, 7 Mar. 2012
Hugo Minney "hugie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ecozone Kettle and Iron Descaler x 3 (Pack of 4, Total 12 Sachets) (Grocery)
The lining has been stripped off the inside of the kettle exposing the steel, which now rusts, so the kettle had to be thrown away (an expensive Le Creuset kettle as well). I think it would have helped if it said "only for use in electric kettles"

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant descaler, 5 May 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 23 Jan. 2013
Ultimately, you could use vinegar if you prefer not to use harsh chemicals, but I have done so in the past and really can't stand that vinegar smell (also difficult to get rid of it). The major selling point for me is that a single sachet of descaler in my local supermarket costs over £1, and here, you can get 12 for £7! I live in a hard water area and frequently need to descale my kettle, iron and baby bottle steriliser so this product is great value for money and it really does get rid of the limescale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for an eco product, 22 Nov. 2012
I was not sure that this product was going to be effective as there is a belief that'eco' products do not work as well as the conventional lines. However, I am pleasantly surprised at how effective these descalers are and that they are even safe enough to drink! I simply boiled the kettle poured in the contents left the kettle for 30mins then rinsed the kettle out and I was amazed at how clean the inside was. Now I have enough sachets to descale once a month - living in London you have to!

2.0 out of 5 stars This Works, But Please Realise It's just Citric Acid That Can Be Bought for Fraction of the Price, 10 Oct. 2013
mariachi "Mariachi" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product works -- no doubt about it though at 20 grams a sachet if your kettle is more than mildly scaled you're going to need to use 2-3 sachets. I give it two stars because of its expense - the ingredients are 100 % citric acid which can be bought for next to nothing. In fact if you type in citric acid into Amazon's search you get a variety of much cheaper options! I had no idea when I bought this it was citric acid, and had no idea that it could remove limescale (it's used as a natural food preserver for beer brewing and cordials as well), but now that I know I will just be buying the cheaper option! ****ADDED: Obviously, Ecozone's marketing / social media team is lurking on these reviews. They got Ocado to remove a similar review I'd written, and now I notice that I often get down-voted on this review. I wonder why? Seriously, this is 100% citric acid that you can find in the spice section in any supermarket /or any little high street grocery really. Asians use it a lot in their cooking and you can buy the Pearl Brand 100 gram sachet for 80p sometimes 70p! The equivalent cost of this 12 pack of sachets is £1.92.***

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic descaler!!!, 15 Aug. 2013
I use mainly for my kettle every 4 months. Just need to boil some water and leave the powder making effect. It takes about 30 minutes. It is natural and efficient. Love it! Brilliant!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars kettle descaler, 1 July 2013
Arrived very quickly and I have used one and it was very efficient-the inside of
my kettle is very clear now and free of limescale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Sept. 2013
This is an amazing product. I used it on my kettle and all the scale disappeared straight away. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple easy to use product that 'just works', 1 Jan. 2014
This is a simple, easy to use product. I followed the instructions to the letter, it bubbled and fizzed and to be fair it got my kettle pretty clean, however i didn't expect miracles as some of the limescale was very thick. Its an old kettle and never been done before. So I used the other two sachets and the inside is gleaming now - no doubt about that. Yes its just citric acid as another reviewer has said but so what? The product works and does the job so what does the chemical formula matter?

However............... I only received one box of 3 sachets but the product description does say "Ecozone Kettle and Iron Descaler x 3 (Pack of 4, Total 12 Sachets)", am I concerned, not really, I have better things to do with my time than complain about such a minor thing, but that is why the 4* and not 5*. I was no doubt unlucky!

All in all, a great product and one I would buy again and recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Dec. 2014