5.0 out of 5 stars Great value TV
Published on 7 Nov. 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Good TV but DVD issues
Published on 25 Feb. 2012 by MH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value TV, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Toshiba 32DV501B 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview and Built in DVD Player (Electronics)
I'm not an expert on TV's being an older female but as I needed a new TV to replace the old "huge" set, I was very pleased with this one for the price. It looks good, sits neatly in the corner, good picture and sound and has the added bonus of having DVD player inbuilt. It has Freeview too but I already had a Freeview box which I can record on so use that instead. I didn't think of that when I bought the TV but still think for the money it's great value. Excellent delivery/packaging etc too.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this tv/dvd combi, 6 Nov. 2011
Wanted a Samsung to match other items already in situ. But couldn't buy one big enough with a dvd built in.
Samsung largest product with dvd is a 22 inch.
This toshiba has turned out to be a gem.
Only niggle is the dvd has to be operated manually and the buttons
on the remote arn't that easy to use. Don't let this detract from the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Telly VFM, 21 Sept. 2011
Good value for money. Really impressed. Especially like the USB media playback. Quality is very good. Not tried it with the PC yet. But TV works great. Bit disappointed the Freeview tuner isn't HD ready.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good TV but DVD issues, 25 Feb. 2012
MH (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my 75-year old mother to replace a combination of old analogue TV, DVD player, digi box and 3 remotes. The picture quality was good and easily tuned but the DVD slot (round the back of the screen and several inches in from the edge) was too fiddly for her. Also, as mentioned by another reviewer, there is no remote method for ejecting DVD's. Fumbling to feel for the eject button behind the screen with arthritic fingers was not an option for her. So, undetered I hooked up the SCART lead from her old DVD player instead. Unfortunately there was no blue colour to the picture (via SCART). I tried 3 SCART leads all with the same problem, but all ok when plugged into another TV, so it appears that the SCART socket was faulty.

This was a real shame. If the product had been designed with the DVD hole flush with the edge of the screen and with an eject button on the remote then I would probably have given it 5 stars, but as designed, and with a fault it only gets (a generous) two and a 1-way trip back to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 27 Jan. 2012
The TV is excellent value for money and simple to instal on the wall. The built in DVD player is bonus and I am glad the kids dont disturb me anymore while watching the Premier league:)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 12 Feb. 2012
I am delighted with this TV.I was attracted by the fact that it has a built in DVD player and the dimensions were right for the space I had available. Nothing sophisticated.
It looks good, fits the space perfectly,has a great picture and is simple to use. Everything I was looking for and great value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful TV, 12 Feb. 2012
Got this based on previous reviews but no idea how anyone could rate this TV at all. The picture quality is washed out and overexposed, whites are glaring, darks are dull and overall picture via my sky box is like an old vhs quality video recording. Awful. Tried countless available settings. The sound is just as bad, its like listening to your tv at the end of a tunnel, really cheap single speaker. I know its a cheap tv but you would expect the basics to be there. This gets sent back, don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'ello tosh got a toshiba, 1 Mar. 2012
replacement for our old sony ,much better picture and no loss of screen when viewing widescreen , good sound and colour . DVD works well so one less box underneath .

4.0 out of 5 stars tv/dvd player, 19 Oct. 2011
A. E. Frayne "frayny," (north east) - See all my reviews
This TV is good but it's biggest flaw is that it does not have an open and close button on the remote control for removing DVD's The book is not well written and it took us ages to fathom out how to eject a DVD. We had to press a button on the TV 3 times to eject it?????

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 32" TV, 17 April 2012
TV good value for the money . Bought it for the bedroom and it does its job there,but my advice is if you want it for your main TV I would upgrade from this model,its not an instant picture on and is slow when changing channels