Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 5 January 2013
I enjoyed this book. I had just finished a rather gritty novel by RJ Ellory, and this gentle journey into Addie's family past was the perfect antidote. I must say in this day and age it is a pleasure to find an Indie book that has no editing/proof reading mistakes. Apart from which, this is an easy read, and kept me interested to the last page.
Addie sets out to find more about the man who left her an English mansion in his will. We walk with her every step of the way as she uncovers layer after layer of a rather intriguing family past. In her present it is a love story and both threads have a feel-good ending. Tainted Tree is well worth the money and keeps the reader rooting for Addie all the way through.
on 19 April 2015
This was a good read, would recommend it
on 27 October 2012
A thoroughly good read. An adventure delving into the past, unravelling hidden secrets and the identity of the heroine's deceased parents. A story of mystery, romance and intrigue. A must for readers who have interest in looking up their family tree! I could truly identify with all the frustrations, heartaches and surprises at each revelation. Plus, I love a happy ending.....
on 14 May 2008
This is a fabulous romantic saga, focusing on American Addie's search for her UK roots and the family secrets she's determined to uncover. Addie herself is a strong and very appealing character and the reader is quickly drawn in to her world, her search and the decisions she makes.

Throughout the novel, there are moments of laughter alongside scenes of incredible poignancy. The story never fails to grip and the ending is wonderfully satisfying. I can thoroughly recommend it.
on 28 February 2013
I was drawn into this story right from the beginning. The twists and turns of the search for family members kept me intrigued till the end. The characters were very well written and totally believable. A very enjoyable story.
on 1 January 2013
This was an excellent read. I thoroughly enjoyed the book from start to finish. It is predominantly a romance set within a backdrop of discovering family history.
on 17 March 2013
excellent read, surprises in every turn of the page, well written and imaginative, please write more like this following the family tree saga
on 20 February 2013
The characters were realistic as was the story line. Plenty of intrigue with many twists & turns. I would read more of the authors books!
on 7 December 2012
This book had a surprise around every corner. It kept me glued to the very last page. Would certainly read her books again
on 30 June 2014
I haven't finished reading it yet, but Jacquelynn Luben is a good writer and I am enjoying the book so far. It is a good plot and I am enjoying the new information about her family that 'Addie' uncovers.
I've read some of the reviews for Tainted Tree, and I don't think I'm reading the same book as the one that the poorer reviews are aimed at! I have got to the part where Addie is supposedly spooked by the thunder storm, but she certainly doesn't tell her rescuer that she wants him!! That reviewer needs to make sure he/she has read the work correctly before criticising so harshly.