4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget selection with one let-down
Published 21 months ago by Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars Re-Packaging for the already converted.
Published 23 months ago by I. Baxter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget selection with one let-down, 12 Dec 2012
I was born a little over two decades after these guitar instrumentals from the late 1950s and early 1960s were recorded, but as a guitar player, I love this type of music. There's a good selection here, with some I know (such as those by The Shadows and Duane Eddy, and of course Tequila by The Champs), some I didn't know I knew (the wonderful Hawaiian guitar of Sleep Walk by Santo & Johnny, Hit and Miss by The John Barry Seven), and others I hadn't heard before. There's a few gimmicky tunes (Rockin' Goose, with its goose-sounding keyboard), but at least they always have tunes. (And Green Jeans is a rock'n'roll take on Greensleeves!)

One disappointment was track 30, Jefferies Rock (not by Various Artists, as Amazon list it, but The Intruders), which seems to have been taken off a wobbly record. The pitch varies noticeably, and it sounds awful! I found a YouTube upload of the original single, which sounded much better, so replaced the download version with that. This seems to be the only track with this problem, though. Pity, as it mars an otherwise good budget collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twang!!!!!!!!!, 14 Jun 2012
Ma Winter "mandran" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
A good selection of 50's and 60's guitar instrumentals at a very reasonable price. This should be compulsory listening for everyone who has ever considered picking up an electric guitar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Re-Packaging for the already converted., 3 Oct 2012
I. Baxter "the wingnut" (lincs uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
As an ex group member from this era, I bought this as a nostalgia trip.It contains much that we used to play in those days, and as such was a useful addition to my collection.It does contain however, in addition to a load of big trans-atlantic hits already long available in various other albums, a lot of much less well known stuff which is o.k. for the completist collector, but not always that good, even allowing for the age and historical value of the tracks.You get a lot of useful stuff for your money, but do try before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely enjoyable, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
A fantastic, eclectic collection of some all time classic recordings. Something for absolutely everyone one from first timers to collectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars have your air guitar with you when playing, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
if you years are spreading upwards, then you will be taken back to your youth in grand style, quite a few interesting titles that are pretty rare, a great CD to liven up your CD player., and a fabulous record label, check out the catalogue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, 20 Aug 2013
RoyJ (Lincoln, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
Lovely selection of tracks, especially the early 60's tracks, which she puts on repeat more often than not, my wife loves them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like any good music from pop to classical., 18 July 2013
I like Instrumentals, this disc has good old tunes and bad like all compilation discs. I missed out on most of these tunes as I was only about 10-13!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shazam, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
Arrived in two days very pleased with service.As an old rocker it has taken me back to many memories of my younger days and as such I am tempted to blow the dust off my guitar and get playing again.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUITAR HITS, 25 May 2013
D. M. Rothwell (downe in kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
I LOVE INSTRUMENTALS, AND THERE ARE SME ON THIS 2CD I HAVE NOT GOT IN MY COLLECTION, SO I HAVE BOUGHT THIS GREST PRICE TOO, I RECOMMEND THIS DOUBLE CD TO ALL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collectors Piece, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals (Audio CD)
A terrific collection of classic Pop guitar music. Lots of well known tracks and also some not so well known but very good all the same

Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals
Shazam! 50 Guitar Bustin' Instrumentals by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2011)