on 23 August 2012
The quality of the screen is really good. Sound is ok too. The model is fairly basic with just 2 HDMI sockets, a SCART and a USB (music/pictures only). However, by entering the service menu (do a web search for LE40D503 firmware) you can trick it into letting you play video too - however, you may need to use a universal remote to get it to play and pause the video as there are no such buttons on the remote. Nice free upgrade. Sadly it has NO ethernet port so you cannot trick it into access the internet. And also just to clarify, it does not have a freeview HD tuner. You'll need a HUMAX HDR FOX-T2 for that.

Really good bit of kit for the price.
review image
on 1 January 2012
I bought this after having a 26". At the same time I upgraded to a HD service with a certain TV provider so I received a DOUBLE BOOST. Perhaps this made it very impressive, but it seems a lot of tele for the money. One issue is that the stand does not seem big enough for the TV and it appears a bit wobbly; perhaps this is my perception but other reviewers (elsewhere) have made the same comments, so it might be someting to think about if you have unruly kids running about. Of course this would not be a problem if you had it wall mounted.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2012
for the money (319.95 inc/postage) this was a great purchase, easy set up, great picture, average sound as you get on these flat screen t.v. these days.
on 22 June 2012
Didn't realise how poor the picture was on my 32" LCD until I purchased this. Set up was simple and the picture quality etc. for the price is excellent.
on 8 January 2012
Excellent quality in both picture and sound, great value for money very please with the product and would recommend it. Very easy to set up, looks very stylish with the tv stand we choose.
on 11 May 2012
An excellent picture for the price. The sound is very good, when watching a movie I can bearly turn it up over just 10 and I think it goes to 50. Nice menu easy to use and I love the alarm setting that lets you set channel and volume to come on in the morning to eeze you into the day. The only very minor thing for me is that it only has one skart lead input were as my old tv had two, but it does have three hdmi inputs so that I guess is the more modern thing these days. The best thing I have bought for a while anyway and can't belive it was only £284 !
on 11 June 2012
Excellent telly, available at decent prices because LED TV's are replacing the old-style LCD. Picture is excellent, compared to my 7 year old Toshiba LCD. Water doesn't appear to pixellate like it did on the old flat screens.Sound pretty good as well.

Connectivity is the let-down. 2 HDMI, 1 Scart, USB and RF in. That's yer lot. As I don't (yet) have any devices that use HDMI, I've had to use a SCART splitter, and the WII is connected throught the SCART as well. When I get round to replacing the old Sky+ box and DVD with HD-versions of both, won't be such an issue, but it definitely, definitely needs a Video input.

My fault, should read the spec. Still a good telly though, and I'd recommend it.
on 5 January 2015
Great value, crystal clear picture quality.
on 10 January 2014
Purchased this mainly for the price but this TV is flawed. The picture is really good for the price however the sound can be quite tinny and vibrates a certain frequencies. The outputs on the rear of the TV are very very limited with only to HDMI outputs and 1 scart output and that's it. This really limits any chance of improving the sound quality through home cinema or sound bars. Good for the money but flawed.
on 23 November 2012
Brilliant purchase, as got it so cheap cos box had a slight dent in it! Would definitely buy a damaged package product again.

See one answered question