Almo Nature Holistic Dog Medium with Chicken and Rice 12 Kg
Style Name: Chicken and RiceChange
Price:£34.79+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon 19 December 2013
Style Name: Chicken and RiceVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
what i like about this product is that it is all natural, well balanced and well thought through.
unlike a lot of kibble foods which are quite prescriptive in the amounts they advise, i like that fact that this food gives more 'guidelines' and suggests that 'the quantity of food should be adjusted to allow the dog to maintain its ideal form' as different dogs of the same breed may have very different lifestyles.
the bag is quite strong and sturdy so pretty well packed, the kibble itself is uniform in size and not too small or large, and obviously not coloured in any way.
my dogs can be quite fussy but seemed to like it.

my only criticism is the very high protein content; while this is great for some dogs, (especially pups, growing youngsters and working dogs) not all dogs can tolerate such high levels and this can result in hyperactivity, over excitability and in some cases increased aggression. this company may do a low protein version which would solve this problem.

overall it seems to be a quality product which the dogs find palatable.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have 15 dogs so decided to try this food on them. Its a lovely smelling food, not too big or small so suited my pug, Frenchies and Bulldogs alike. You dont need too much either. Only 4 walked away from it. The rest cleaned their bowls with gusto. I would buy this food as its very well priced and goes a long way.
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2014
My dogs loved the food, I can't tell the difference in their behaviour or health with eating it but my main problem that for the money you would expect a resealable bag. It lasted weeks in our house and we had no way of making sure it was resealed other than tying it up with a bit of string.
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2013
At over £40 this dog food is expensive, but buying in the 12kg bulk bag makes sense. I can't say I have noticed any difference in my dog's energy levels or coat, but he seems very happy to empty the bowl as soon as it is put down. Quite often that is not the case with cheaper dried foods. The ingredients certainly sound impressive, but then so do most of the other high end canine products available. Is it any better than the big name varieties....well who knows, but I've been using it a couple of weeks now and still have over three quarters of the bag left, so it is going to last me a good two months (medium sized breed). At the end of the day my dog seems to like it, and having been a fussy eater in the past that is high enough recommendation.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Our big dog eats anything vaguely resembling food, but the Jack Russel is a fussy eater. Both liked the food. I'm not sure how else you can review animal food, unless you have a chemical analysis. Obviously all animal food is made from the stuff not used for human consumption. In the end we have to trust the producers, and this company certainly makes all the right noises with clearly showing the ingredients on the pack, and projecting a caring attitude. Their whole presentation shows a friendly, caring side. You want to believe that it is more than just clever marketing. Let's hope this is not misplaced, from what I can see, I recommend this dog food.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have an Alaskan Malamute whose staple diet was previously Arden Grange and then Burns. Thought I'd try this as I had never heard of the brand "Almo".

Dog owners should *really* look at the ingredients of the dog food they buy as they are very different, particularly the terms which are used. For instance, a certain expensive brand use bird feathers and call this "protein derivatives"! At least the Burns ingredients are specific so you know exactly what is in the bag, however with Almo it looks like some are masked:

Ingredients are listed as:

meat and animal derivatives 53% (of which 26% freshly cooked chicken) - presume this is by weight? Is the 26% cooked chicken meat or does that include all parts of a chicken?
cereal (rice 14%, barley, oats)
vegetable protein extracts - doesn't specify what vegetables
vegetable and derivatives of vegetable origin - I do wonder what these are. Lettuce cores? Gone off cabbage?
oil and fats
yeast
minerals
MOS
FOS.

The bag is nice and strong. All the ingredients are on the back but suspect this is an Italian food because the English text is third from the top.

Kibble size is triangular and about 1cm on each side. Dog eats it but is not as desperate for it as he is with some other foods. His weight is not on the label so I've had to extrapolate.

Although his stomach isn't rumbling, he now has awful flatulence. This could be down to food change and it may settle down but his poo has been quite sloppy.

Price is very high! I thought Burns was expensive at around £30 but this is too much (over £40 currently).
VINE VOICEon 11 December 2013
to me is pretty much dog food and doesn't seem to be too much difference between the brands. The biscuits are a good size, not too big, not too small and they aren't too hard. These seem ok, my dog eats the biscuits easily enough and seems to like them.
However they bag itself seems very expensive and honestly I wouldn't pay the price Amazon want for these.
I haven't noticed if its made his fur any shinier/glossier but he is happy enough so for us this was a hit.
VINE VOICEon 10 January 2014
This kibble is full of good things,has quite a high meat content and no artifical additives,so all in all it can only be good for your dog.However,one of our dogs has a sensitive stomach, and eating this did not stop him having diarreah after eating sheep p** in the surrounding fields or from being sick,so although this feed might be healthy it is certainly no miracle cure.We normally feed our dogs Chappie,which is half the price,mixed with a little tinned dog meat (which stops diarreah more effectively than anything else we've tried) and our dogs are both in very fine condition to the point where people,including the vet,comment on how healthy they look/are.Prior to using Chappie we tried a number of different,more expensive,feeds and I can honestly say there appears to have been no difference in the health of either dog whatever we've fed them.But then they get a couple of hours exercise off the lead every day and we also play with them every day,this more than anything makes for a healthy animal.Obviously,this isn't possible for every dog owner,so if you're concerned about your dog's health and are able and prepared to pay quite a high price then I think I'd prefer this to any of the other well known brand names out there.But if the only thing wrong with your dog is that it is prone to diarreah and you only feed it kibble,my advice would be to include some meat in its meals - you'll notice the difference within a few days.
on 16 January 2014
...it served it's purpose. Whether or not the holistic-ness makes any real difference I couldn't say. It also smells quite nice, unlike a lot of dogfood. Obviously the price is high but based on the ingredients it seems on par with other brands such at Eukanuba.
on 2 April 2014
My dog really enjoy eating almo nature dog food. She is a cairn terrier and loves the food. My dog normally prefers wet food but she really loves this dry food. She eats all her bowl in no time. Also her hair is bright and soft.