on 3 April 2012
After scrolling through Amazon for ages I found this Shinntto Camera connector and was very glad it was only £5! A very good piece of kit, the SD card reader is fantastic. Fast delivery and a very happy Leo ! Thanks once again Amazon!
on 28 January 2012
Orded this item with standard delivery , The camera connection kit and sd card reader arrived Next Day. Put SD card in out of my camera , uploaded onto I pad 2. Worked perfectly !! Very impressed good price.
on 2 July 2012
Although not stated that this works with the new iPad(3), I got it anyway as it was so cheap and got good reviews. I plugged it in with my SD card loaded - worked first time. Have used it on numerous occasions since (always with the SD card, not micro USB cable) and it has never failed.

A brilliant little piece of kit, and so easy to use. Would highly recommend it.
on 6 August 2012
The price makes this a very attractive choice over the pricey Apple alternative, but don't let that make you think that it is cheap and only works after hitting it with a hammer.

It works as well as the Apple alternative, I am using it on an iPad 2 and it works fine, apart from saying that it is not supported when you plug it in, but it then continues to work. It seems a bit slow when reading SD cards (about 30 seconds to load up and then a further minute to load the thumbnails and this is using an SDHC card) but it still does the job, and when using the USB connection it works almost instantly and loads the thumbnails in no time.

Overall a bit slow on the SD but very good for the price, if you're thinking of getting the Apple one or this, go for this because for the price it is just as good, and if you use the USB mode is as fast as the Apple one.
on 26 December 2012
i tried it quiet few times to connect to my new iPad with my photo camera memory card... but nothing comes up... :( dissapointed as wasted money :(
on 7 October 2013
This product does not work with my iPad mini lightening port. When I i took it out the box it was the old style apple port with a convertor so there are actually two parts which makes it more tricky to carry around - nevertheless mines in the bin because it does not work.
on 14 January 2013
Do not believe what is written about this product.
It has failed to connect to my IPad no matter what i do, that includes trying all the advice you get via the comments on the amazon review board.

Don't waste your money.
on 6 January 2012
I was really disappointed when I first plugged this into my ipad 2 because a message came up saying @This device is not supported.@

The keyboard did not power up and the keys did not work - but having read that other people found this device useful, I looked at the connector again and realised there was a little switch on the side.
I unplugged it and then plugged it in again with the switch in the other position but again got the Not Supported message. However, when I touched the ipad screen to enter a web address, the inbuilt keyboard did not appear so I figured it did know there was another keyboard attached.
I tried typing on my usb keyboard and it worked!! I am actually typing this review on the usb keyboard. When I first started to type, the screen darkened and I was worried it was maybe using too much power but after a few seconds, it returned to normal.

(I noted a review from someone who said the device would not fit her ipad 2 - at first, I thought the same, but then realised that the small plug on the end was covered by a plastic protective cover. Once removed, it fits fine!
For the price, this is amazing - I realise that the battery life will be affected by adding a USB device but it's great for times when I need to type something lengthy which is slow on the built in keyboard.
Buy it - you won't be disappointed - but remember to ignore the message that says @This device is not supported.@
As a guide to battery use, the ipad said 24 per cent battery when I plugged in this device. I then logged into amazon and checked my orders to find this device. I have now typed this review and the battery life is now showing as 23 per cent so it obviously doesn't use TOO much power.
Hope this helps.
on 24 August 2011
The only setback is the built quality. Looks very cheap plastic and not that solid. The rest is ok and it works well with my ipad 2. However I faced problem putting this into ipad's socket while the ipad is in the leather case (Capdase). Need to remove first before it can fits well. Maybe it can works well and ok with other brand? Not sure. Suggest that anybody wants to buy this to consider the original apple sd card connection kit.
One thing missing from the iPad is an SD Card reader. Particularly as the iPad is an ideal medium for showing digital photos to friends. A quick trawl of the web revealed a number of devices available, at a range of prices, but then I looked at my old friend Amazon and found this device on offer for an unbelievable price of under a fiver delivered.

I have to be honest and say that at that price I wouldn't normally have touched it. Especially when I was going to connect it to a £500 iPad! But as it was offered through Amazon I knew that it would come with a cast iron guarantee that if it didn't do what it said it would, then Amazon would sort it out for me.

Arrived very promptly. Slightly uncertain connection at first as the adaptor doesn't mould to the iPad's case shape. A little firmness (put your SD card in first) and away it went. No problems. Marvellous.

And, like I said, amazing at this price!

See one answered question