Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn more Learn More Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime

on 24 July 2014
I really like this flour; it's been fabulous for bread making whether it's loaves, rolls, pizza bases and even brioche. There is a but though. as I have just cancelled my subscription due to the packaging. When we first started ordering it came in a strong lining polythene sack which kept the sack from being ripped/punctured during transport. Over the last few orders, this lining has been omitted in the packaging and we've had as a result several deliveries now where the paper sack has been ripped open.

We've contacted amazon a couple of times about this and they've been really good at sorting it out, but now I'm at the point where I don't want to order any more until the packaging is better.
on 19 June 2012
I used to buy flour in bulk from a modern mill and it was fine but nothing special. Recently I have been experimenting with home breadmaking - using different techniques and ingredients and I can honestly say this flour produces a bread that tastes much better than the ordinary 'run of the mill' flours on offer at the supermarkets. I do alot of baking, so am really pleased to be able to buy in bulk and have it delivered. My next experiment is with their organic flour but I would recommend this one without hesitation; it tastes great, is very reasonably priced and you don't have to lug flour home with the shopping every week!.
on 4 January 2012
I bake a lot so to be able to purchase this much good quality flour with no delivery cost (on super saver) was excellent value. I will be ordering again.
on 7 June 2012
HI All,

I started baking my own bread a while ago and kind of got the bug. Due to the amounts of flour I was using I wanted to buy a bulk sack to save money and I am really glad I did.

This flour is a really good quality strong bread flour, and you can taste this in the breads that you bake. I have used this now to make excellent white loaves, baguettes, pizza, naan, pita and sourdough. I even used this flour to make pasta with, and had excellent results.

I am a hand baker, but I am sure that this flour would be equally as good using a bread machine. Also if you subscribe to this item you save money and postage charges, and they automatically send me a 16kg sack every 2 months, but you can specify the duration to suit your baking needs. A white loaf now costs me about 50p, and tastes so much better!

Highly recommended and I will also be trying some of Bacheldre's other specialist flours :

Happy baking!
on 23 May 2012
The product arrived promptly and as described, the packaging was damaged and torn but luckily the product came in a airtight plastic bag so no damage done to product packaging and this i attribute to delivery anyway and not manufacturer. This is my third 16kg bag of flower from this supplier and i have no complaints its very good quality at a very good price. i would reccommend to any pizza or bread makers out there, try the malted flour makes great country style bread
on 30 August 2012
I have just come on to order another sack of this flour. I am new to breadmaking, but from reading the reviews I gather that I have just been extremely lucky to come across this flour early in the process. I have used it to make white, mixed (50% Wholemeal) loaves, bacon and cheese, olive, herb, fruit loaves, and the results have been fantastic. I bought a breadmaker at the beginning of the summer and since it arrived I haven't bought a loaf of bread at the shop. I don't know how my postman felt about lugging a 16kg sack of flour to my door...but he had better get used to it. Highly recommended product!

Edited to add: 6 months later I am still using this flour and have not bought bread in 6 months - still getting great results and I have just bought the larger 25kg sack (much to the delight of my postman I am sure). Free super-saver delivery is great. I have posted a photograph of one of my loaves made with this flour.
review image
on 12 July 2012
This is is the first time I have bought Bacheldre Mill flour, and I shall be buying it again. However, when I had my bread risen and ready for the oven, I noticed little brown flecks in it, which I think are wheatgerm. This means the bread is not completely white, which is not a problem for me, but which other customers should be aware of.
on 5 August 2013
The product is very good, I've baked some fantastic bread with this flour. As I bake a lot it's great to know that I have plenty in ! My one and only criticism is that when the flour is delivered it's not as shown on Amazon, it's in a plain white bag (rather like a cement bag) and not as detailed on the photo.
on 14 July 2014
Do think carefully about buying this - not the quality of the flour, which I am sure is superb - but about the packaging. 16kg is a heavy sack & guess what, it will be thrown, not placed, onto the various lorries/vans it goes on. Mine arrived today with a hole in the outer packaging - the inner one was not anywhere near complete - flour everywhere. I need say no more.
on 15 February 2012
What a delight it was to taste the first bread cobs I made using this Bacheldre Watermill Stoneground Strong Bakers White flour, such a wonderful flavour. I've since made many more for my neighbour and a few friends, who are all of the same opinion that it tastes great. I have made several loaves, milk rolls, scotch morning rolls and I have tried mixing it with strong brown flour, all came out well and delicious. This flour is well worth a try and at a great price with free delivery, you can't go wrong. I'll be having more when this is gone. The delivery was brilliant, I put my order in just after Saturday lunch and I received my flour before lunch on Monday, how's that for speed, great stuff.