5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bread, with seeds but no seseme
Lovely bread. Nice to find a flour with different grains and seeds yet no Seseme Seeds.

Published on 21 Dec 2011 by Marion

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice flour, but extremely poor quality control
Published on 31 Oct 2012 by Pinkmoon13

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice flour, but extremely poor quality control, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: Bacheldre Watermill Rustic Country Bread Flour 1 kg (Pack of 8) (Grocery)
It's a nice flour, which produced consistent results in my Panasonic breadmaker. However, I've reverted to Dove Farm's Organic Malthouse. Firstly, because the flour is better tasting, and secondly there would seem to be a real problem with Bacheldre's quality control. Whilst the flour is advertised as being 1 Kg, in my batch of 8 bags, I never had more than 960 grams in a bag, with others considerably less including one at 895 grams. You have to ask yourself that if a company is so slack in controlling quantity what is it like in controlling quality. As I said, not a bad flour, but would not buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bread, with seeds but no seseme, 21 Dec 2011

The receipe on the back, however, is a little misleading as the Baking by Hand recipe suggests 9g Dried Yeast which is unusually large. On talking to Bacheldre, who were very helpful, this is because they supply an Organic Yeast which has no additives to make the yeast work faster and hence a sachet is slightly larger than the Fast Action or Instant Yeast normally available in the Supermarket. I am using dried yeast from the supermarket and hence am using normal quantities.

I make my bread using a Panasonic Breadmaker and also found the Bread Machine advise misleading as it suggests using a Granary/Seeded setting. My machines recipe book suggests that Granary bread should be cooked as Wholemeal bread. In fact, again following an email exchange with Bacheldre, it is best cooked using the normal Basic setting. I am very happy using my machines normal white loaf recipe (with supermaket dry yeast), although I think it best to add a little more water (10-20ml) due to the excellant quality of the flour.

I will be trying their Sphelt flour next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 10 Jan 2012
Our first attempt at something new in the bread maker: the loaf it produces is lovely. Light yet full of seedy bits to add interest. Not a 'brown' loaf, but certainly a healthy one

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Find, 6 Feb 2012
Fed up with commercial bread we have been making our own using any bread flour we could get, a limited choice living on an Island.We are now delighted with bread tasting as it should using this fantastic flour.I have just made a regular order so we can continue to enjoy bread as it should be. Will try some of the other flours at a later date but for now this is the business don't take my word for it try it you will not be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bread flour ever, 19 Aug 2012
This is quite simply the best bread flour I have ever used. Try using 600g of this with 200g Bacheldre stoneground wholemeal, 1 9g packet Bacheldre yeast and a little salt. Add a glug of good olive oil if you wish. Make this by hand with warm water and enjoy the lovely aroma of warm porridge when you mix it. Let it rise twice then shape it and let it rise again in the tin. Bake at the hottest your oven will go for 10 minutes then lower the temp to 170C for another 25 minutes. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and foolproof!, 3 Feb 2013
I have had my Andrew James bread maker since Christmas and have tried various flours and recipes since then but I am still a relative novice! I received this flour from Amazon a couple of days ago and made my first loaf yesterday evening. The result was by far the most successful to date - and so easy! 500g Bacheldre Rustic Flour, a little more than the 300ml warm water suggested on the bag (as recommended by another reviewer), 25g butter cut into small pieces and a teaspoon each of salt, sugar and fast acting yeast. I baked it using the basic white programme on my machine. Despite the result being so successful I will experiment next time with a little more yeast as I realised after I had started the baking programme that I had used less than suggested. I highly recommend this flour and will definitely be ordering more in the future as well as trying some of Bacheldre's other flour varieties.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Mar 2012
I usually don't buy mixes but this is a great one. Very nice balanced taste. Not too heavy, just as described!
Recommended! I add some seeds. Excellent for my new Panasonic 2501.

3.0 out of 5 stars White bread flour, 26 Feb 2013
P. Driver (U.K.) - See all my reviews
The packaging doesn't state whether the flour is brown or white; this is a SEEDED WHITE bread flour. It is nice, but if (like me) you want a seeded brown flour then you need to look elsewhere.

I have emailed Bacheldre Mill to suggest they include this information on their packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Bread., 20 April 2013
I have made my own bread for over 20 years. At last Ihave found a flour with an abundance of rich taste.The instructions on the bag are very clear and concise.The paper bags are strong and attractive.Delivery was fast.I look forward to trying more of this mills flour.By the way the price is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Bread, 23 May 2013
This is not the first order I have had for this superb bread flour and it definetly wont be the last. I use it in my breadmaker following the easy instructions on the packaging and every loaf has been successful, the taste and texture out of this world. I HIGHLY RECOMEND

Bacheldre Watermill Rustic Country Bread Flour 1 kg (Pack of 8)