5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!
Brilliant piece of kit. I bought this to replace a similar sized 2 million kpower which would only last a couple of minutes on a full charge. Not a problem with this one as it uses an LED rather than a traditional bulb. I've yet to use it enough to require a recharge so cannot testify as to its longevity, but the makers say up to 8 hours - so, in a word, great...
Published 16 months ago by J R

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor value for money
very poor light. very bulky torch not waterproof and also expensive compared to other items on the market. overall very poor value for money.
Published 7 months ago by Oddjob

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sealey LED437 Rechargeable Spotlight 5W CREE LED (DIY & Tools)
Brilliant piece of kit. I bought this to replace a similar sized 2 million kpower which would only last a couple of minutes on a full charge. Not a problem with this one as it uses an LED rather than a traditional bulb. I've yet to use it enough to require a recharge so cannot testify as to its longevity, but the makers say up to 8 hours - so, in a word, great !.

What I can say with some authority is that its power is awesome. Comes with 2 settings; 1) 2.5W = How long does `Arc Eye' last ? and 2) 5W - Will I ever get my eyesight back ?. The torch should work for up to 8 and 4 hours respectively. I DO NOT recommend looking at the bulb directly for any period of time as I suspect serious damage to your eyes may result.

Brilliant white light pencil beam that goes for miles and enough ambient light to illuminate the immediate area. There are more powerful ones available but I cannot see why anyone would possibly want more brightness than this baby can offer. If you want a powerful hand lamp that lasts all night, here it is - you won't be disappointed.

Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 26 Nov. 2013
this torch is fantastic its the only rechargable torch i have owned that lasts any length of time on one charge i use it four or five times a week 20 to 30 mins at a time and i have only charged it twice in 2 months
its a little heavey at first but after the first few outings you soon get used to it
bargain

4.0 out of 5 stars Seely rechargeable Spotlight., 15 Feb. 2013
Briilliant light. Bit cumbersome to handle. Lightswitch on side somewhat inconveniet. However, all in all, a good buy.I can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light with well thought out beam pattern, 28 Jan. 2014
R. Maclean - See all my reviews
I wanted a good spotlight for walking my 2 Springers at night which meant the light had to provide reasonable illumination at my feet at well as a good beam to pick up the dogs in the distance - this is well up to the task! On the lower setting it gives good light around me for about 30 feet while the center spot provides a really bright light for at least 150 meters. The higher setting removes the light at your feet and stretches the spot way into the distance.

The unit isn't too comfortable to carry for any length of time so what I did was attach a laptop carry strap to it and this works perfectly with the strap over my head the light sits very nicely against my hip allowing me to direct the beam with just a light touch - great for long walks.

The only quibble I have is with the switch on the side - it would be a lot better on the top handle but you really only need the lower setting because it is so good so it is a very minor quibble!

5.0 out of 5 stars LED437 Rechargeable Spotlight 5W CREE LED - 5,000,000 Candlepower, 18 Dec. 2013
Very bright torch!!! It can put a spotlight onto the hedge at the end of the field about 200m away with good brightness. Can't comment on battery length, but haven't had to charge it yet even with about 3-4 hours of usage on full beam.

On the downside it is quite bulky and heavy compared to other torches I've used. Also the On/Off switch is protected by a clear rubber cover which is a fiddle to switch on when wearing cloves as you can't feel the switch. Best to switch it on in the house before leaving the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly rmarkable, 18 Jan. 2014
I have always had a love and passion for LEDs. Before they became so popular, I predicted that they would' take over the world' and this torch is an example of the power, efficiency and durability of LEDs. The light output is truly remarkable, it is not too heavy and the thing provides light which you know will not just fade away after 20 minutes like my other, incandescent lamp torch used to do. I am so impressed with this torch, I have just ordered a second one to keep in the car. One for walking and one for driving.

One very minor comment - if a shoulder strap was included, it would enhance this device even more. There places to clip a strap to and I have the old one from my previous torch. It would just be handy to be able to hand it over your shoulder at times when it is not needed. Other tan that, I would happily gives this product more than fives stars if it was possible. This torch does the job and LEDs are amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review rhyme, 22 Jan. 2012
I bought this Cree for my husband, called Chris.
You can't get much more light than this.
He can now work on his bikes
Till as late as he likes
In bike heaven - his garage, what bliss!

I thought long and hard before buying,
As choosing online can be trying.
It came quickly by post
And what impressed me the most
Was how long it held power, without dying.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can now find a black horse in an unlit field!, 17 Dec. 2013
Love this torch. It's lightweight and easy to hold, which means I can also use it when I'm clearing up after the dog in the dark and he's 'parked his breakfast' on the pavement.

I like that the light is white rather than yellow and that there are two levels of brightness. On both levels, there's a beam in the centre, which reaches right across a big dark field and a less intense, wider circle of light around it, which is useful for doing gates and head collars, and seeing what you're stepping on/in.

It's also really useful that it can be recharged in the car or at home so you don't feel restricted to one power source. My only suggestion for future designs would be that the on/off switch was repositioned so it could be used by the hand holding the torch, leaving the other one free to do other things. It's not a major issue though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor value for money, 8 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant light, 28 Nov. 2013
Just the job for working down a very dark field tending to our horses, putting out hay etc. Excellent beam..