5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Away
A great traditional, old fashoined toy wiothout the use of computers, batteries etc. Had great fun on Christmas morning especially when the boot was caught by my three-year old grandson.
Published 15 months ago by Tracy Do

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in time for church fete
Used for games alley for the children at our church garden fete along with other games such as connect 4 etc
Published 7 months ago by Tiggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Away, 28 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars still great after all these years, 12 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
I played with the original when I was little. It may have belonged to my mum or even my grandmother. I remember really enjoying playing with it and I must have been quite young. When my 7 year old goddaughter came to stay I ordered this game off Amazon. It still looks very much like the original as far as I remember it, but the new magnets work better, which is a big plus as otherwise it may become frustrating for little ones. Basically you fold out a four sided fish tank, put it on the table, then empty the fish into it. The fish are different sizes and have different numbers on it, I think it's supposed to signify their weight. Their eyes are magnetic. You then go fishing with your magnetic fishing rod, without peeping inside the tank. To make it more fun there are a few non-fishy items, like an old boot and a tea pot that are worth nothing. At the end we each counted up the weight of the fish we had pulled out and determined the winner. My goddaughter loved it. She wanted to play it twice in a row and then again later in the afternoon. She also enjoyed adding up the numbers and, with a little help got it right. So there is an educational element to the game. I can't comment on the durability of the game as it's brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much loved by my great grandson, who wore out his first version he loves it so much, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
I bought a different version of this game for my great grandson 2 years ago. He never stopped talking about it whenever he saw me. This is a replacement for him. I don't know about durability as it was still film-wrapped when Father Christmas delivered it, but if it only lasts a short time it will be worth it - it gives so much pleasure !

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 9 Dec 2012
Mrs. G. Yeardley "book worm" (yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
My great-grandson loves this games.A game I played as a child and that was because my parents had played it.You don't need a computer batteries or a power pack for hours of fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars fish pond game, 1 Sep 2012
C. Smith (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
lovely product but the fish have to be handled carefully which is not one of our 2 year olds strong points...... they seem to bend easily....... lots of fun though for children a bit older.... fish could be made stronger .......

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
As a learning and development consultant, I am always looking for fun ways to help liven up reviewing training and this served its purpose perfectly. It arrived very promptly and for the money it's great quality. I also love it's vintage look and I am considering buying another for my 5 year who was most sad to see it go, after she 'tested' it for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars grandson loved it, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
My husband's 3 year old grandson absolutely loved it. In fact the whole family had a go and it was great fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is my four year olds faviourite game, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
My four year old absolutely loves this game. It is a very simple game but lots of fun. I have purchased another one as a birthday present.

4.0 out of 5 stars E by gum. Takes me back..., 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
Bought this for my 4 yr old niece. I love the old style picture and the colourful aquarium inside. Easy to play and some education to. Takes up little space unlike some games. Not too long so good if the child (or adult) get bored!

5.0 out of 5 stars My two year old's favourite christmas present, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cheatwell Games Bygone Days Magnetic Fish Pond Game (Toy)
This very quickly became a firm favourite with our two year old, it is robust, simple and fun - the magnetic fishing rods also provide lots of interesting activities by helping discover what is magnetic and what isn't.

ARRAY(0xa8d1fa5c)