on 5 September 2012
I picked this up for only a few quid and I'm glad I bought it. If your already awesome at football then you may know all of the stuff on this but if your not there are things on here to really help you out. In a month im clearly a better player just from working through the drills on this DVD (im 30!).

The DVD has very little speaking, its got a dance music tune playing (which I muted). The moves are all performed by kids and it starts by showing basic ways to move the ball, rolling the ball back and forwards with the sole of your foot, side to side etc. It builds from these basic moves up to step-over scissors / tripple stepover etc. For each move it shows a couple slow-motion shots and a couple full speed shots then moves on to the next one. This is section 1.

Then there is a section that shows various group activities, I went through this section quick as, like joey barton I train alone. It gives some ideas for coaches of teams but for myself, it wasnt as good as sections 1 and 3.

Section 3. This section is called Mirror Moves. It builds on section 1 by combining the basic ball skills from section 1 together to create moves you can use to dribble past players. The DVD pauses sometimes in this section and displays text boxes explaining some pointers. A nice touch is it shows an alternate ending to each move (the mirror) to go either left or right with each move. There are about 20 or so of these.

Summmary: If your looking for group training drills (holding formations etc) then maybe there are better DVDs. If you are looking to learn skills, or teach players skills then this is worth picking up. I spent an hour 3 times a week with this. When I first started I got up to the 5th move in section 1 (v push pull I think its called) and couldnt do it. Now I can do it without looking at the ball and adding a scissor onto the end! A month and a half later, Im only a 3rd of the way through section 3 but im WAY more better at close control and skills than I was before.

I should add that I thought it better to watch on my pc as I found it easier to click and go back to re-watch a technique or skill. This isn't the kind of DVD you watch from start to end like a movie. You need to watch only a few techniques, re-watch them, then go do them. Also, there is a "thankyou for supporting the british film industry" add right at the start that cant be skipped. It gets old realy fast!
on 27 January 2012
A must see for all aspiring coaches that work with young players that take the game seriously. A must for players that want to be strides ahead of the average player.
on 21 January 2015
Not really about coaching...its more about "tricks" from start to finish...step overs, dropping shoulder, shimmies etc etc. Its more for kids who want to learn tricks than coaches who want to coach.
on 8 January 2013
Bought this for my grandson who is a budding football star in the making - he was thrilled with it and spent Christmas Day showing me all the new moves he had already learned! Good purchase.
on 21 January 2014
I bought this for my grandson and found it worked well. He was very interested in the content and applied the guidance to his practising.
on 22 May 2013
Great for the coach! Good exercises for kids from age 8 and up, easy to follow. Can recomend this for all coaches!
on 11 June 2014
Everyone wanted to look at this. Can't say they managed to get into the team to go to Brazil but they have had fun dreaming of the day
on 15 October 2014
Really good DVD great for brushing up on ball mastery skills any boy girl in love with football and skill will I've this DVD
on 17 January 2014
I bought this as a birthday present for one of my grandsons who is on a FA coaching course, he found it most helpful.
on 18 February 2015