4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I picked this up for only a few quid and I'm glad I bought it. If your already awesome at football then you may know all of the stuff on this but if your not there are things on here to really help you out. In a month im clearly a better player just from working through the drills on this DVD (im 30!).

The DVD has very little speaking, its got a dance music tune playing (which I muted). The moves are all performed by kids and it starts by showing basic ways to move the ball, rolling the ball back and forwards with the sole of your foot, side to side etc. It builds from these basic moves up to step-over scissors / tripple stepover etc. For each move it shows a couple slow-motion shots and a couple full speed shots then moves on to the next one. This is section 1.

Then there is a section that shows various group activities, I went through this section quick as, like joey barton I train alone. It gives some ideas for coaches of teams but for myself, it wasnt as good as sections 1 and 3.

Section 3. This section is called Mirror Moves. It builds on section 1 by combining the basic ball skills from section 1 together to create moves you can use to dribble past players. The DVD pauses sometimes in this section and displays text boxes explaining some pointers. A nice touch is it shows an alternate ending to each move (the mirror) to go either left or right with each move. There are about 20 or so of these.

Summmary: If your looking for group training drills (holding formations etc) then maybe there are better DVDs. If you are looking to learn skills, or teach players skills then this is worth picking up. I spent an hour 3 times a week with this. When I first started I got up to the 5th move in section 1 (v push pull I think its called) and couldnt do it. Now I can do it without looking at the ball and adding a scissor onto the end! A month and a half later, Im only a 3rd of the way through section 3 but im WAY more better at close control and skills than I was before.

I should add that I thought it better to watch on my pc as I found it easier to click and go back to re-watch a technique or skill. This isn't the kind of DVD you watch from start to end like a movie. You need to watch only a few techniques, re-watch them, then go do them. Also, there is a "thankyou for supporting the british film industry" add right at the start that cant be skipped. It gets old realy fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coerver Coaching Volume 1 (DVD), 8 Jan 2013
Mrs. M. P. Livingston (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my grandson who is a budding football star in the making - he was thrilled with it and spent Christmas Day showing me all the new moves he had already learned! Good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars loneyb, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
A must see for all aspiring coaches that work with young players that take the game seriously. A must for players that want to be strides ahead of the average player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Great for the coach! Good exercises for kids from age 8 and up, easy to follow. Can recomend this for all coaches!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Everyone wanted to look at this. Can't say they managed to get into the team to go to Brazil but they have had fun dreaming of the day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Football Coaching DVD, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my grandson and found it worked well. He was very interested in the content and applied the guidance to his practising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Football coaching, 17 Jan 2014
T. A. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a birthday present for one of my grandsons who is on a FA coaching course, he found it most helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well recommended, 9 Jan 2014
Gr8ESC (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD came recommended to me from a senior coach heavily involved with the FA and specifically Women's football in this country. Even though aimed primarily at a younger age group many of the drills and guidelines are applicable across higher levels when it comes to coaching the game. Plenty of variety and in my opinion an extremely useful tool for any coach, but especially those involved at grassroots level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good DVD great for brushing up on ball mastery skills ..., 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Coerver Coaching: Volume 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Really good DVD great for brushing up on ball mastery skills any boy girl in love with football and skill will I've this DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars My great-nephew loved it, 11 Sep 2014