I have actually had a really positive experience with this monitor.

Positives -
Straightforward to set up via the app - needs attached to router only for set up, not for ongoing use unlike some reviews have said - both the first time and when visiting parents home.
Published 20 months ago by Nicola Webber

1.0 out of 5 stars Never should have bought it
Published 22 months ago by Dora

4.0 out of 5 stars A positive experience - good monitor via your iphone/ipad; with just a couple of drawbacks, 1 July 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
I have actually had a really positive experience with this monitor.

Positives -
Great picture quality, decent audio (nb monitor to iPhone/iPad only, does not do return audio without external speakers)
Works fine over 3G for when out of home. Images are slower (5 or so per sec) rather than the smooth video you get on wifi but that's down to my phone connection speed rather than the device.
Infrared at night is very clear

Negatives -
With audio on it really does churn through battery
Alerts are loud and annoying. We don't use the audio alerts or movement alerts (sensitivity can be configured if you want to) but just leave the video on screen with audio on from the room and that works fine for us

We are really happy with ours and it's way better than our friends' video monitors. You have your phone with you all the time anyway, so using it as a baby monitor makes perfect sense. It isn't perfect, but it is a good product which works very well for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never should have bought it, 1 May 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
I guess I just liked the fact that I would be able to watch my baby from anywhere with a wifi or a 3g signal but that was never working. It doesn't even work at my house! In fact, it worked for a couple of months but then the picture started to stick at a moment and it didn't show me the actual moment. Now it just doesn't work at all. I upgraded the app on my iphone this week and the app doesn't even open now!!! I erased the app and downloaded it again and doesn't open!!! TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!

4.0 out of 5 stars ... product due to the negative reviews but I am pleased with it overall, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
I hesitated before buying this product due to the negative reviews but I am pleased with it overall, having been using it for a month now. I had only one evening where it would not connect to our wifi for about ten minutes. The picture quality is not as sharp as some I have seen, but it's clear enough to see what I need it for. It does drain the battery of your iPhone if it isn't plugged in at night, but I tend to use the image on as "as required" basis rather than a constant video. Overall I am pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its all in the setting up!, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
I didn't buy the first camera from Amazon but I am just about to purchase 2 more as this machine just could not be better. It is perfect IF IS SET UP PROPERLY. However, I can agree with most of the negative comments as well as the positive ones! A strange thing to say maybe but here goes: When we first had it I could not get it to work at all. After a bit of fiddling by an IT friend we got it sort of going and could at least see the potential if we got it working properly. My daughter is profoundly disabled and her father seemed to be displaying advanced symptoms of vascular dementia (all sorted now as it was in fact an operable condition that mimicked dementia) but as you might guess we had some major safety issue in the house at that time. We were initially trying the first camera out at night in my home office and could see everything perfectly. The night vision in this camera is exceptional in the office (there is a clue there) but it didn't seem so good in other rooms. I have tried an awful lot of similar items from baby monitors to full CCTV cameras but this still seemed by far the best I had tried so I was pretty highly motivated to persevere and see if we could get it working all around the house. We shelved it for a while and looked at other options but kept coming back to this one as the favourite, but always with the "if only" option:

Eventually, out of sheer frustration I mentioned it to our TV repair engineer when he came to sort out one of our TVs. Luckily for me he had a particular interest in CCTV cameras as a hobby and was also pretty computer literate. Knowing the house well he immediately pointed out that we had solid brick walls downstairs and far too much electric/electronic equipment for the single router we had to work properly in other rooms, We had noticed WiFi was sometimes low in other areas of the house but had not made the connection having assumed we would have to put up with it as the sheer volume of techie stuff that we had would interfere with the router and the camera anyway. He upgraded the router in my office (I didn't even know there were different grades) and put an addition router on an extension through to the lounge on the other side of the house. It is only an average size 4 bed house) He then followed the instructions for setting up the cameras to the letter and voila we had a perfect system and yes I can watch and hear what is going on at home whilst I am in other rooms, out shopping, out visiting clients etc with perfect clarity. For the sake of a small sum of money I was able to add a small unobtrusive, external microphones to each camera in the house and I now have two way communication on my iphone both inside the house and whilst 6 miles away in town shopping. It gives me peace of mind. I have so far tried it up to 40 miles away and still have absolute clarity of vision. In fact the manager of the shop I bought my microphones from was so impressed with the clarity and operation that he is looking into selling them.

If you need a good camera this one is certainly worth every penny. I paid £169.99 each at the Apple store and would have cheerfully paid the same price for the next two (I now have six). I am just thrilled to be looking at a substantial reduction on them via Amazon so please don't let this item drop out of sight. Buy one and buy another router if necessary. That is almost certainly the reason for the pausing and dropping out of the picture. There isn't anything wrong with the cameras, all of mine work perfectly every time day and night(unless a certain someone has accidentally switched one off) and I also have much better WiFi reception all over the house for all our other WiFi devices. It is an additional expense yes, but most reviewers seem to want them for baby monitoring and nothing is more precious than our kids. Later on you can use it as a mini CCTV system, they work just as well when focused outside through glass and mine helped me identify an issue in the street for a third party which they have since been able to act on. You can pan these cameras remotely and watch several at the same time from a computer screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baby Monitor, 4 July 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
Very good baby monitor - East to setup and works with my iPhone and on my PC and mac at work. Highly recommended for all parants.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
It is a shame it does not record and my iphone keeps loosing the apps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 27 April 2014
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
Requested as a baby shower gift. No inplace and doing the job for which it was intended. They have had no issues with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functions perfectly!!! Very satisfied!!, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
It functions just like they say. I've been using it a month ago and it asn't failled me once!!!! It's perfect for apple users like me with iphone and ipad!!! I have all night on with audio on and ot uses about 20% of battery on the ipad!!!!! Very satisfied!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the bad press, 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
Awesome product, don't listen to the bad press, we have a basic wifi router and the product works brilliant, my sister can check in in Australia, our grandparents can listen to the baby 300miles away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Connectivity is mong, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad (Baby Product)
Unable to get it set up to use from out with the house. Cannot see it from another computer.
I wish I could, it upsets me.

iHealth iBaby Monitor for iPhone/iPod/iPad