Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 January 2012
The title is a bit 'cutesy', Renaissance Song would have been enough for me. But that's only a very minor comment. The music on this CD is quite simply BEAUTIFUL, and the singing of it by The Sixteen, conducted by Harry Christophers, is SUPERB. Whether you seek 'inner peace' or want your very being to be set alight, this album will do it.
on 12 January 2012
I bought it for the Miserere after seeing a TV programme about it, but the whole CD (all 16 tracks) is absolutely beautiful. Well worth the money I have played it over & over
on 14 August 2014
If you are searching for music which will relax you, but uplift you at the same time then this CD is for you. I am not so good at reviewing music, I'm better with books but I can say that listening to these pieces of music can be both moving and wonderful. I have played the CD a number of times and I know for a fact I will never tire of it. Sometimes it makes me cry; sometimes it soothes but whatever I experience it is all good.
on 17 April 2012
Takes you back to a peaceful sanctuary. When times are troubled this album brings such tranquility and calm and realisation of inner peace.
on 26 February 2012
I saw this CD mentioned on the TV and decided to buy it. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting peace and calm (who doesn't)? It is truly magical and tranquil and can, if you allow it, transport you to another sphere. It is a compilation of choral and orchesteral works and I thoroughly recommend it.
on 14 June 2014
Bought this for my husband as this is the kind of music he sings with a Choral Society.
He loves every track.
I took pot-luck buying this as I'm not as clued up about this music but my instincts were correct and the CD was ideal - what beautiful music and interpretation.
on 7 February 2012
Just great for long distance stress free driving . Recommend this CD highly . Not for head bangers with giant woofers in a Citroen Saxo boot and a 12" exhaust.
on 30 January 2012
I love this kind of music, so relaxing, no matter what time of day.
Good to have in the background specially when reading, cooking or gardening, really wonderful
on 30 May 2013
as a growing fan of the sixteen I was tempted to give this a try as a taster towards expanding my collection. I was not disappointed, it is indeed music for the inner piece. Choral music has never been my forte but the Sixteen have certainly hooked me. Definitely give this a try.
on 6 September 2013
Great chillout music for those days when you have liberated yourself from kids by shifting them back off to school. Just grab a coffee, put your feet up and play this. It provides what it says on the cover 'inner peace!'.