5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality.
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by Shaun Horrigan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money; Not reliable
They lasted 3 months. I took them on long plane rides, long train rides, and lots of phone calls with them. I'm a veteran of in-ear headphones and I use them nearly every single day for about 2-3 hours a day. I use them on trains, buses, at my desk, walking around, etc.

On the positive side:
They're attractive.
The braided cord is nice and doesn't...
Published 15 months ago by Paco Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality., 1 Nov. 2011
Shaun Horrigan "Shaun" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic coated. They are also provided with three sizes fittings, and with a smart carrying pouch.

What really matters though is the sound. Fortunately I can report that the sound really is very good indeed. Base is very prominent, but treble and mid range are also bright and clear. There is also little if any distortion at higher volume levels. The in-line controller did not work with my Android phone, but did work perfectly on an iPod touch.

House of Marley is a new brand to the UK. Their unique selling point is that their products and packaging are made from mostly recyclable materials. In this respect I was slightly disappointed at how much plastic packaging there was inside the cardboard box.

Overall - 5 stars. A beautifully presented and really rather gorgeous product that would make a great gift. I have also uploaded a few photos of the product packaging and contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can tell the difference, 8 Nov. 2011
Four Violets (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have no idea about any of the technical stuff about these headphones, all I know is that they look very different and funky and the sound is absolutely great. I happily passed a four hour train journey with them firmly in my ears (using the smallest fit), after checking there was none of that horrible whoosh whoosh sound escaping and annoying others in the quiet carriage. I have cloth ears but even I can tell the difference from cheap versions. My daughter is furious because I won't part with them, not even for her. They are mine, all mine and they are heaven.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very different and very good!, 24 Oct. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Bob Marley-themed headphones certainly tick all the eco-friendly boxes, even sporting wooden earphone buds, and the design is refreshingly different to the usual monotone colouring you get with conventional headphones. The pink and purple colour scheme looks great and the Rastafarian colours on the headphone cable is also a nice touch. Aesthetically these headphones are undoubtedly distinctive and will certainly standout from the crowd.

Fortunately the high design quality is also reflected in the audio quality, with the sound having a wholesome and warm feel, not tinny at all, with no noticeable distortion at higher volume levels. The sound quality is certainly an improvement on the standard headphones supplied with the iPhone.

So if you're tired of the dull and generic design of your MP3 player's headphones and want to upgrade them to something a little bit more exciting, then these House of Marley headphones are ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely and Entirely Recommended, 19 May 2013
This review is from: House of Marley People Get Ready In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Midnight (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought these headphones after loosing a pair of (impulse bought) Scullcandies (running me £40). I bought the Scullcandies after my Sony earphones (costing me only £20) broke :( and I needed a quick replacement. Anyway, The main things I wanted in my new earphones were; braided cable, 3 button in-line mic. (compatible with iPhone), right-angle connector, good sound (obviously) and I can safely say after owning them and breaking them in for over a week, that I will definitely be buying another pair from House Of Marley after these blow/break/get lost!

The sound is perfectly crisp and I do see what other reviewers mean when saying the bass mixes with the trebles in some songs. However a simple re-jiggle of your EQ settings fixes this (My iPhone EQ is on 'Late Night' or 'Lounge' and the sound is fine). I've heard details in songs now that I missed with other earphones/over-ear headphones.

The design on these beauties is also a massive selling point; the braided cable and the right-angle connector really sold it for me. Even though I'm not terribly into rasta/reggae music the design (Jamaican flag colours) are really well engineered. The right angle connector improves the longevity and durability (due to everyday wear-and-tear) of the earphones meaning they will be fine in your jeans pockets all day long!

The FSC certified (100% wooden) earphones are very tasteful and stylish while housing brilliant drivers offering a crisp, clear sound I haven't received from other earphones (and I've had many earphones over the years)! They also fit perfectly inside my ears like none of its predecessors, and surprisingly, the larger-than-normal wooden driver-housings are not heavy at all and are perfectly balanced so exercise doesn't even coax them out of my (small) ear canals!

My only gripe is that the in-line mic is the splitter (dividing the single cable into individual L and R ear cables) as I'm used to having the mic on my left cable. This will take some getting used to and it isn't as easily accessible as I am used to because the mic is much lower down now. However I do understand that House Of Marley saw this necessary as creating a clean 'Y-split' dividing 2 BRAIDED cables is very difficult to do while upholding a beautiful aesthetic design so I cannot fault them for that. The wire is also slightly longer than I'm used to but I ended up plaiting a small section of the cable to make it look pretty and to shorten it so it all works out!

I can 100% back this product and can very safely say this wont be the only pair of House Of Marley earphones I will own.

Thanks again House Of Marley!!

Rakesh Bhogal

4.0 out of 5 stars Good upgrade from standard iPhone bundled earphones, 3 May 2013
I purchased these as of the earphones on the ones bundled with my iphone stopped working and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to upgrade. I wanted a sound quality upgrade and somthing other that the sea of boring black or white products available but at value for money. I didn't realise just how crap the ones that come with apple products really are untill i received these.

Pros:
The cord is longer than apple ones but not so long that it becomes a nuisence. I always found the apple ones to be to short and annoying when the cord pulls on the earphones as you walk about.
Sound quality is unbelievable compared to apple ones. Nice rich sound to them
3 button mic works perfectly & the control buttons are bigger so you can actually feel what you're pressing insead of the tiny one on the apple ones.
Cord seems durable
Very aesthetically pleasing
Very good noise isolation
Jack seems a lot more solid than apple's
Reasonable price for the quality of sound

Cons:
Feedback when the cord rubs against your clothes can be annoying
Earphones are quite bass heavy. Obviously this will depend on the type of music you listen to but can seem a bit to heavy on certain types of music.

Overall these are very good. Having the units sit inside your ear can take some getting used to after being used to apple's ones. Only thing i'd say that let these down is the feedback as the cord rubs against your clothes but this is mainly only noticable when the music stops

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money; Not reliable, 3 Feb. 2014

On the positive side:
They're attractive.
The braided cord is nice and doesn't tangle like the vinyl ones do.
They have pretty good sound. I like it.
I like the size of the control/mic buttons. They're easy to find without looking.

On the negative side:
The microphone, instead of hanging on one of the ear wires, is at the Y junction where the one wire separates into the left and right ear wires. This puts it nowhere near your mouth. It hardly qualifies as "hands free" if you have to hold the mic in your hand to keep it closer to your mouth than to your sternum.
I don't find them as comfortable as my trusty old Sonys.
The markings for "L" and "R" on the earpieces are entirely too faint and tiny. I can't see them, but I think I know where they are. I don't know which one is left and which is right.
They didn't even last 3 months.

About 3 months after purchasing them, one of the speakers stopped working. With the various other negatives, I didn't replace them with the same model. I upgraded to a really nice set of RHA in-ear headphones. I can't recommend these. Especially with all the quality issues that other owners report.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cool , Bob would be very proud !, 30 Oct. 2011
Duncurin (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A beautifully presented product in an attractive format. The box is made of thick but, most likely, recycled material with a nice magnetised flap on the front and the cloth-covered leads are tied with tactile, rustic string. The whole thing would make a nice present. The headphones, themselves continue this theme with aplomb; the wooden body of the headphone itself and the nice metallic magenta metal inserts; make even an older person, like me, look cool. Nb in reality the plastic inserts and wire - strain relief points [sorry I am sure there are more technical words for all these things!] are a darker purple than as hinted at by the Amazon artwork - which is probably a good thing!. The sound is excellent and the noise isolation works beautifully, filtering out background noise really well. I have a pair of Sennheiser noise cancelling headphones which work in a different way and generate a noise cancelling tone but do cost a lot of money these days and I suspect that faced with the choice today - I would choose these. NB I wasn't able to test the inline volume controls nor microphone as I suspect my i-Pod is too old to recognise such in-line delights. This is a product from the One Love, House of Marley and I believe it supports charitable work for young people and the environment. This product is not a bad representative of such a policy - though I suspect being able to proudly put "Made In Jamaica" on the box would have been even better. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good. A bit odd looking but fantastic sound quality!!, 24 Oct. 2011
Dr. D. E. Goldwater "dodiceleedoo" (Bushey, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a strange idea. A series of headphone, not cheap, in the name of Bob Marley who has not been with us for years. Headphone are headphones and I thought this was a bit of a gimick.

The concept is one of ECO headphones which help planetary sustainability and also promise headphone.

Firstly, these look a bit strange. Wooden headphones, purple rubbed earbuds, red/gold/green striped cloth cords and a cute little striped bag to store them in. But down to business. These are the best in-ear headphones I have ever used. The sound quality is MUCH better than the Senhesier or Sony ones I have been using. The Bass is true and treble is sharp. No distortion at high volume. I had to use the small earbuds to get them to stay in my ears which is a bit unusual but they feel comfortable and really cracking sound.

The Iphone/Ipod remote works like a dream. Volume and pause on music and call answer/hang up on phone. The only criticism on the sound is an excess of noise when the cable rubs against clothing but this is a property of this type of headphone. Maybe it is more noticable because the sound quality is so good.

In summary, definately recommended. Look a bit quirky but more than made up for by the sound quality which is out of this world. Comfortable. The Ipod remote function is a huge bonus for me too.

I initially gave these headphones 4 stars but I have changed my mind. The more I use them, the more I love them so 5*, well deserved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super, 30 Nov. 2011
Rory Mercer (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst slightly feminine (or so I'm told whilst wearing them), I really like the funky colours and wooden stylings of the product. Sound wise I have absolutely no complaints, I feel the bass is very strong and the quality much better than headphones I have previously tried. I was most impressed with the noise isolating abilities of the headphones, which is the best I have experienced from earphones of this style by a significant margin.

I have one query regarding the product description "tangle free, durable fabric cable". Whilst the fabric certainly feels much more durable than a normal plastic insulation, the cables seem to tangle no less often than their rivals and perhaps slightly more. I'm also a bit perplexed by the carry bag provided, however if you often detach your headphones from your device then I suppose it may come in handy?

I have not yet had the opportunity to test the inbuilt microphone for quality and was a little disappointed that the track/volume control did not function with my iPod Touch. This is more to do with the age of my iPod (1st Gen Touch) than any failing of the product (which worked fine in my friends latest edition Nano) therefore I will not include it in the rating. I will update the review when I have received my new phone to assess the microphone quality.

Overall highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality...to a point, 30 Jan. 2014
Don't normally write reviews, but with these, I felt I had to.

These hit the scale at both ends to myself. I'm not massively into getting the absolute best earphones, etc, I probably couldn't tell the difference between £5 ones and £500 ones, but I fancied something relatively good quality, for a decent price and going by reviews, these seemed to fit the bill.

Overall, I find the sound very good indeed. Nice and clear, with good bass(not too much), but I must agree with others when it comes to the wires. They DO make an audible noise, when rubbed against just about anything and it's quite loud. I don't understand how or why, but I listen to music when in bed about to go to sleep and against the bed covers, if you move at all, they make a heavy ruffled sound, through the earphones. I can imagine if wearing these under a jacket or jumper, they would infuriate the hell out of you.

I'm happy enough to keep them, but I will not buy another set again.

Oh and one more thing, the controls do work on the iPhone, but only occasionally.