5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality.
Published on 1 Nov 2011 by S. Horrigan

I have to be honest, I have fallen into the same trap with these earphones as I am sure many others have. I looked at the design and thought well lets give them a try, they are priced slightly higher than other but surely that means quality.. correct?

Published 5 months ago by james

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality., 1 Nov 2011
S. Horrigan "Shaun" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic coated. They are also provided with three sizes fittings, and with a smart carrying pouch.

What really matters though is the sound. Fortunately I can report that the sound really is very good indeed. Base is very prominent, but treble and mid range are also bright and clear. There is also little if any distortion at higher volume levels. The in-line controller did not work with my Android phone, but did work perfectly on an iPod touch.

House of Marley is a new brand to the UK. Their unique selling point is that their products and packaging are made from mostly recyclable materials. In this respect I was slightly disappointed at how much plastic packaging there was inside the cardboard box.

Overall - 5 stars. A beautifully presented and really rather gorgeous product that would make a great gift. I have also uploaded a few photos of the product packaging and contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can tell the difference, 8 Nov 2011
Four Violets (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have no idea about any of the technical stuff about these headphones, all I know is that they look very different and funky and the sound is absolutely great. I happily passed a four hour train journey with them firmly in my ears (using the smallest fit), after checking there was none of that horrible whoosh whoosh sound escaping and annoying others in the quiet carriage. I have cloth ears but even I can tell the difference from cheap versions. My daughter is furious because I won't part with them, not even for her. They are mine, all mine and they are heaven.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab, 24 Oct 2011
Kirsty at the Overflowing Library (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An awesome pair of headphones.

The sound quality from them is excellent. They are comfy and fit in your ears well and come with a variety of replacement ear bits in different sizes. The wire is coated to spot them getting damaged and they come with their own little bag to keep them safe when you are not using them.

High recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Why buy a pair of earphones that work when you can buy these that don't!?, 24 Mar 2014

Not correct, I have had my House of Marley in-ear headphones for an enjoyable week with minimal use. And yet I put them on this afternoon to find that no sound coming from the left earbud.

From now on I will stick to a manufacturer that has more of a focus on the performance of their product, rather than the design (which is not actually that good, the cord is very stiff and feels tacky). For this reason I would not buy again and I would suggest you don't either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very annoying, 18 Mar 2014
Please don't bother getting these, don't get me wrong but they are very good quality and noise-cancelling earphones, but after 3 days of using them, the left earphone has completely lost any form of sound coming out of that earphone.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 Mar 2014
Really good headphones, just a shame the volume changers don't work with my Sony phone but still a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very different and very good!, 24 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Bob Marley-themed headphones certainly tick all the eco-friendly boxes, even sporting wooden earphone buds, and the design is refreshingly different to the usual monotone colouring you get with conventional headphones. The pink and purple colour scheme looks great and the Rastafarian colours on the headphone cable is also a nice touch. Aesthetically these headphones are undoubtedly distinctive and will certainly standout from the crowd.

Fortunately the high design quality is also reflected in the audio quality, with the sound having a wholesome and warm feel, not tinny at all, with no noticeable distortion at higher volume levels. The sound quality is certainly an improvement on the standard headphones supplied with the iPhone.

So if you're tired of the dull and generic design of your MP3 player's headphones and want to upgrade them to something a little bit more exciting, then these House of Marley headphones are ideal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 24 Nov 2013
I tried these out and they were excellent,
For two days.
The audio stopped in the left earphone and there was a buzzing sound.
Disappointing and a waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and good sound, 1 Aug 2014
I've only been using these headphones for a few days and already I'm impressed. The quality of the materials is vey good and the audio quality is crisp. Yes the bass does come through very clearly, sometimes overpowering the other frequencies, but in general its about the same as Beats by Dre, they are even set up similarly, only these look better. I listen to lots of different types of music, as well as watching movies, on my phone and these are much better than my standard Sony headphones and they cope well with my entire collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of headphones, 29 Oct 2011
D. Richards (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very pleased to get these headphones; as well as looking fantastic they are very, very powerful on the bass!

As you can see from the photo, the headphones are "in ear" style and come with 3 different sized "heads" that fit in to your ear and are interchangebale on the headphones themselves (the sizes are small, medium and large) which allow these headphones to both fit well and be comfortable in people's years no matter age that perosn is or what ear shape that person has - its very different from the standard "one size fits all" headphones also on the market.

The headphones are very powerful on the bass and this can at times drown out other parts / aspects of the song...for example I listened to Coldplay's "Every teardrop is a waterfall" with these on and the guitar riffs were pretty hard to make out on it, however I suppose if you listen to music where the emphasis is on bass then these are perfect, as for me I think it'll take a little while longer to adjust to using them, but tht issue aside the quality of the sound, and volume is very good indeed.

The headphones also come with a very, very long cord which I personaly like a lot, but could be off puting to some people - it must measure around a meter from plug to headphone.

The colour and design of these headphones is also brilliant, the royal purple ear plugs are attached to wood (or wood effect) headphones with the Marley foundation logo on, and the cord is "rope effect" with rasta red yellow and green stripes all along it. The quality of the workmanship is eveident when you open the box and the makers also claim that they are made to be as eco friendly as possible, uing recyled / bio degradable materials.

All in all these are grat headphones and well worth the investment