5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality.
Published on 1 Nov 2011 by S. Horrigan

I have to be honest, I have fallen into the same trap with these earphones as I am sure many others have. I looked at the design and thought well lets give them a try, they are priced slightly higher than other but surely that means quality.. correct?

Published 5 months ago by james

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality., 1 Nov 2011
S. Horrigan "Shaun" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic coated. They are also provided with three sizes fittings, and with a smart carrying pouch.

What really matters though is the sound. Fortunately I can report that the sound really is very good indeed. Base is very prominent, but treble and mid range are also bright and clear. There is also little if any distortion at higher volume levels. The in-line controller did not work with my Android phone, but did work perfectly on an iPod touch.

House of Marley is a new brand to the UK. Their unique selling point is that their products and packaging are made from mostly recyclable materials. In this respect I was slightly disappointed at how much plastic packaging there was inside the cardboard box.

Overall - 5 stars. A beautifully presented and really rather gorgeous product that would make a great gift. I have also uploaded a few photos of the product packaging and contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can tell the difference, 8 Nov 2011
Four Violets (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have no idea about any of the technical stuff about these headphones, all I know is that they look very different and funky and the sound is absolutely great. I happily passed a four hour train journey with them firmly in my ears (using the smallest fit), after checking there was none of that horrible whoosh whoosh sound escaping and annoying others in the quiet carriage. I have cloth ears but even I can tell the difference from cheap versions. My daughter is furious because I won't part with them, not even for her. They are mine, all mine and they are heaven.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why buy a pair of earphones that work when you can buy these that don't!?, 24 Mar 2014

Not correct, I have had my House of Marley in-ear headphones for an enjoyable week with minimal use. And yet I put them on this afternoon to find that no sound coming from the left earbud.

From now on I will stick to a manufacturer that has more of a focus on the performance of their product, rather than the design (which is not actually that good, the cord is very stiff and feels tacky). For this reason I would not buy again and I would suggest you don't either.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab, 24 Oct 2011
Kirsty at the Overflowing Library (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An awesome pair of headphones.

The sound quality from them is excellent. They are comfy and fit in your ears well and come with a variety of replacement ear bits in different sizes. The wire is coated to spot them getting damaged and they come with their own little bag to keep them safe when you are not using them.

High recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my old earphones sound tinny!, 7 Sep 2014
Amazon Customer (Forfar, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Thought I would treat myself to a new pair of earphones in spite of my old ones still doing the job okay (I was using a pair of Creative earphones before). However it wasn't until I bought and tried out the HoM earphones I realised that I was missing out on the real acoustic quality of my music. The sound is crystal clear and when I briefly went back to use my old earphones, they sounded tinny in comparison!
The HoM earphones are beautifully presented, and all eco-friendly in some way or another, even the packaging is recycled or using natural resources. The buds are wooden, very attractive and I do believe that because they are made of wood, that it delivers better sound quality to my ears. Also love the attention to detail, the cord isn't a black horrible plastic thing, but wrapped in a braid-like fabric in several colours.
Also comes with a black canvas HoM pouch for storing your earphones when not in use. Feels of very good quality.

Reading some of the other reviews about these earphones, people complain that they are fragile and the sound goes from the left earphone after a few days of use - I've never had this problem myself, but I've only had these a week already, however I always take care of my earphones regardless!

Delivery came within a couple of days so no complaints there :)

Overall, I love these earphones. The sound quality is great for the price and I love how it's all made of recycled stuff or sourced from natural materials (Eg- wood), plus they are sooo attractive to look at! Recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very annoying, 18 Mar 2014
Please don't bother getting these, don't get me wrong but they are very good quality and noise-cancelling earphones, but after 3 days of using them, the left earphone has completely lost any form of sound coming out of that earphone.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 Mar 2014
Really good headphones, just a shame the volume changers don't work with my Sony phone but still a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very different and very good!, 24 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Bob Marley-themed headphones certainly tick all the eco-friendly boxes, even sporting wooden earphone buds, and the design is refreshingly different to the usual monotone colouring you get with conventional headphones. The pink and purple colour scheme looks great and the Rastafarian colours on the headphone cable is also a nice touch. Aesthetically these headphones are undoubtedly distinctive and will certainly standout from the crowd.

Fortunately the high design quality is also reflected in the audio quality, with the sound having a wholesome and warm feel, not tinny at all, with no noticeable distortion at higher volume levels. The sound quality is certainly an improvement on the standard headphones supplied with the iPhone.

So if you're tired of the dull and generic design of your MP3 player's headphones and want to upgrade them to something a little bit more exciting, then these House of Marley headphones are ideal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 24 Nov 2013
I tried these out and they were excellent,
For two days.
The audio stopped in the left earphone and there was a buzzing sound.
Disappointing and a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars More robust than some make out!!, 14 Sep 2014
I honestly do not know what people are doing with these headphones to break the left earphone.

I carry these around in my pocket all day every day in their canvas bag and have done so for over a year. I use them, wrap them using a figure of eight shape, put them back in their bag and in my pocket until the next time.

They have never failed me and the sound is amazing for such a small price.

The only issue I have is that the pause and volume buttons work on some devices (Android) I have but not others!!