Style Name: Rasta|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic coated. They are also provided with three sizes fittings, and with a smart carrying pouch.

What really matters though is the sound. Fortunately I can report that the sound really is very good indeed. Base is very prominent, but treble and mid range are also bright and clear. There is also little if any distortion at higher volume levels. The in-line controller did not work with my Android phone, but did work perfectly on an iPod touch.

House of Marley is a new brand to the UK. Their unique selling point is that their products and packaging are made from mostly recyclable materials. In this respect I was slightly disappointed at how much plastic packaging there was inside the cardboard box.

Overall - 5 stars. A beautifully presented and really rather gorgeous product that would make a great gift. I have also uploaded a few photos of the product packaging and contents.
review image review image review image review image
Style Name: Rasta|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have no idea about any of the technical stuff about these headphones, all I know is that they look very different and funky and the sound is absolutely great. I happily passed a four hour train journey with them firmly in my ears (using the smallest fit), after checking there was none of that horrible whoosh whoosh sound escaping and annoying others in the quiet carriage. I have cloth ears but even I can tell the difference from cheap versions. My daughter is furious because I won't part with them, not even for her. They are mine, all mine and they are heaven.
on 3 February 2014
They lasted 3 months. I took them on long plane rides, long train rides, and lots of phone calls with them. I'm a veteran of in-ear headphones and I use them nearly every single day for about 2-3 hours a day. I use them on trains, buses, at my desk, walking around, etc.

On the positive side:
They're attractive.
The braided cord is nice and doesn't tangle like the vinyl ones do.
They have pretty good sound. I like it.
I like the size of the control/mic buttons. They're easy to find without looking.

On the negative side:
The microphone, instead of hanging on one of the ear wires, is at the Y junction where the one wire separates into the left and right ear wires. This puts it nowhere near your mouth. It hardly qualifies as "hands free" if you have to hold the mic in your hand to keep it closer to your mouth than to your sternum.
I don't find them as comfortable as my trusty old Sonys.
The markings for "L" and "R" on the earpieces are entirely too faint and tiny. I can't see them, but I think I know where they are. I don't know which one is left and which is right.
They didn't even last 3 months.

About 3 months after purchasing them, one of the speakers stopped working. With the various other negatives, I didn't replace them with the same model. I upgraded to a really nice set of RHA in-ear headphones. I can't recommend these. Especially with all the quality issues that other owners report.
on 20 June 2014
As someone who uses headphones everyday and shoves them in a bag when they are not being used, they dont normally last that long.

However, here we are 8 months later and they are still going strong. The only thing that has happened is that the bit of tiny plastice on the back on one of the 'pods' has come off. Does not effect the sound

The braided wire certainly helps strengthen them.

Sound great with all my music, i listen to dance, ambient and soundstracks.

I should add that i bought these when they were on offer (£16) at Amazon so my 5 stars is based on that price. Think that the current price (June 2014 - £25.94 - £29.99) is probably too high. I
on 24 November 2013
House of Marley were recommended to me by a friend who commutes a lot like I do - we both like our music to have excellent sound, with little noise filtering in and for the product to be comfortable. You get all of that with these, I barely feel them in my ears they are not heavy, and the sound quality is wonderful and there is hardly any noise filtering in or out so they are great on both sides.

I read a review that the remote only worked for Apple, but they do work on my Sony phone - it may be a test it and see kind of thing. But generally if you want a good pair of earphones that you can enjoy your music to while at home or out and about, these are a really great choice.

Would definitely recommend them to anyone.
on 23 November 2013
I love these headphones! Comparing them to the sony in-ear with mic for a similar price (Sony MDREX38IPB.CE7) they're superior in terms of quality. Really nice punchy, clear bass. They look fantastic too and I love that they're made of natural materials.

My one criticism... the mic is at the point where the two wires split, rather than along one of the split wires (like on the iPod/iPhone/Sony headphones). This means that the controls sit on your chest rather than by your neck, and if you have your headphones under your top like me it's annoying when you want to change songs.

Otherwise, great product! Love it!
on 8 May 2014
I'm a huge fan of House of Marley, and have bought earphones from them for years - being really dissapointed when my other House of Marley ones stopped working. But I was really disappointed with these, as despite looking amazing, and having excellent track and volume control, I fodun that the excessive use of wood on the earphones themselves, meant a reduced volume and quality of sound overall. I went over to the dark side, and got the more expensive Ure Beats by Dr Dre earbuds, and the sound quality and track and volume control are much better. This is a shame, because I really love House of Marley, but I'm afraid their choice of style over function just didn't do it for me.
on 17 September 2014
Needed a new pair of headphones but I usually go for Sony ones. However, I am quite happy that I bought these. First of all, they look really stylish without a doubt, much prettier than the usual white ones, and many colour choices. The sound quality is quite similar to my old ones with a stronger bass (just slightly). Feel comfortable in the ears. Reasonable priced. The reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the position of the Mic and control. It is at the Y position where the both sides of the headphones meet with the main cord, so it's nowhere near the mouth. It will be much better if it is on one side of the headphones which will make it practically hands-free. But now I will have to hold the mic nearer to my mouth to talk on the phone.
on 15 December 2013
These are really nice looking and nicely built earphones. The cable material is also really good, and the earbuds never fall off like some other ones.

The only thing I'd say is that they are just too bassy. They're so bassy that the bass noticeably masks the sound of the higher frequencies, affecting the overall sound quality and clarity.
on 3 January 2015
The sound quality, aesthetics of the design, noise cancellation and in-line controls of these earphones are all first rate. Or rather, they were. If they'd stayed like that for more than a month, this might well be a five star review. But, in reality, the right earbud stopped working completely after a couple of weeks rendering them completely useless. Now, a lot of you reading this will be thinking; 'he probably handled they really roughly' and all I can say is: No. If anything, because they were so good while they worked, I treated them with a level of care approaching reverence. To be avoided.