5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and very good sound quality.
This set of in-ear earphones is beautifully presented. The packaging is smart and the earphones themselves have a unique wooden (rather than plastic) body. This looks a lot better in real life than it does in the publicity photo - in fact they really do look rather gorgeous. The cable is also very nice, being of a braided material construction rather than plastic...
Published on 1 Nov. 2011 by Shaun Horrigan

1.0 out of 5 stars Very annoying
Please don't bother getting these, don't get me wrong but they are very good quality and noise-cancelling earphones, but after 3 days of using them, the left earphone has completely lost any form of sound coming out of that earphone.
Published 12 months ago by Jack Watts

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: House of Marley People Get Ready In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Roots (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I'm so impressed with this headphones. I've had 2 lots of Bose headphones/earphones, two Urbanears headphones and regular Apple earbuds and without a doubt these are my favourite. In terms of sound quality they are brilliant - I listen to a lot of hip-hop, electro and house etc and there's never distortion, nor do I ever think the sound isn't "bassy" enough.

Further these serve as better noise cancelling earphones than my actual Bose noise cancelling headphones (which a paid a damn sight more for).

Would (and have) recommend to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, lovely design, 3 Feb. 2015
Great fit, lovely design, looks great, feels nice to use with the cable weave etc, sound quality is fab for this price range. But the sound broke so quickly, within 4 months.
Most of the time now I can't get any sound out of them. Occasionally, one or other of the earphones will decide to make some noise. I imagine there's been some dodgy connections somewhere.
I might try to re-solder these - but not everyone has access to solder irons - and, really, these should last longer.
I'm going to return them and I will update this review with what happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, Good Sound, 3 Feb. 2015
I have been using these for more than 2 months now, and I have found them excellent headphones. I like the extra bass you get, and don't find other ranges getting lost. For the price I paid I think I got a good deal.
A lot of reviews are saying they become faulty after a short time, but mine are working just fine 2 months in. That's not careful use either. I have yanked and pulled on the leads during use, as you would expect whilst in use, and they won't fail, however hard I seem to test them. Maybe I got the only good pair that House of Marley made.

5.0 out of 5 stars More robust than some make out!!, 14 Sept. 2014
I honestly do not know what people are doing with these headphones to break the left earphone.

I carry these around in my pocket all day every day in their canvas bag and have done so for over a year. I use them, wrap them using a figure of eight shape, put them back in their bag and in my pocket until the next time.

They have never failed me and the sound is amazing for such a small price.

The only issue I have is that the pause and volume buttons work on some devices (Android) I have but not others!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and good sound, 1 Aug. 2014
I've only been using these headphones for a few days and already I'm impressed. The quality of the materials is vey good and the audio quality is crisp. Yes the bass does come through very clearly, sometimes overpowering the other frequencies, but in general its about the same as Beats by Dre, they are even set up similarly, only these look better. I listen to lots of different types of music, as well as watching movies, on my phone and these are much better than my standard Sony headphones and they cope well with my entire collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why buy a pair of earphones that work when you can buy these that don't!?, 24 Mar. 2014
I have to be honest, I have fallen into the same trap with these earphones as I am sure many others have. I looked at the design and thought well lets give them a try, they are priced slightly higher than other but surely that means quality.. correct?

Not correct, I have had my House of Marley in-ear headphones for an enjoyable week with minimal use. And yet I put them on this afternoon to find that no sound coming from the left earbud.

From now on I will stick to a manufacturer that has more of a focus on the performance of their product, rather than the design (which is not actually that good, the cord is very stiff and feels tacky). For this reason I would not buy again and I would suggest you don't either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and sound quality, 13 Oct. 2014
Great design and sound quality.comes with a cute little pouch and spare ear pieces. Bought to use with a sony phone, so the volume buttons don't work, and the middle button only acts as pause and start. Also tried it on my iphone and buttons work how they should. Only downside was that I originally got sent the wrong colour, so bit of a pain having to send it back and re order, but postage was quite quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars definately the best! marley headphones 5*, 3 Aug. 2014
Had these head phones twice before and have been the best iv had and they only broke because of user error, out of hundreds iv tried, marleys are the best quality and price, plus they look brilliant and are even eco freindly too. Would recomend them and have recomeneded them.
Brilliant price and excellent delivery.
Literally could not be happier with them!
Thankyou!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound and noise cancelling, 1 Oct. 2014
Just don't be a spanner like me and buy this to primarily use on a non-Apple device. The volume buttons aren't compatible with my S4, but the middle button works well as pause. That bit was my own fault though for getting too darn excitable over its beautiful design.
So: awesome product, lovely design and be a smart buyer*
*last one was for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but break easy, 18 Oct. 2013
Michael Lee - See all my reviews
EDIT: Initially I gave this 3 stars but after owning a pair for only 2 weeks of good care, the left bud's sound will stop working from only tapping it lightly and have to replug them to get it working again. Other people seem to have problems with their earphones breaking aswell so the build quality is questionable.

-------

These are some really nicely designed and comfortable headphones. I'm not really the sort that cares much about eco-friendly design but the wood is a very nice touch and the packaging has been given alot of love aswell but of course, the aesthetics are not the main reason you look for earphones.

The sound is amazing for music, especially dance, D'n'B, fast paced, etc. Very good bass and crazy volume, like as if you're actually inside a club. However, this makes the sound less crisp. Listening to anything else such as softer music with lots of vocals will sound muffled and leave you slightly disappointed. If you're planning to watch TV/movie with these then just look somewhere else.

Plugging these into a computer/laptop will give you an annoying quiet humming noise during silence but this is not a problem experienced with my iPhone and PSP. Plus, as mentioned by others, the mic is only really compatible for the Apple products.

These aren't bad headphones for the price and I guess they are marketed to those who want to listen to thumping hard music but best avoid these if you want something that can equally cover all fields.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›