on 18 May 2012
I normally buy Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones every year or so to replace the previous pair and they are very good, especially if you can find them for about £20 or less. More recently I bought a higher quality Sennheiser CX870 for about £55. I'd heard good things about the "House of Marley" range or head/earphones so I decided to buy the "House of Marley Redemption Song Midnight In Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic" and they are indeed very good. I'm not sure they are any different in sound quality compared to the CX870 but I feel they make up for it when you take in to consideration their great style, use of recyclable materials plus the promise that, as a business, House of Marley follow a set of good principles. I actually ended up paying £54.99 for my pair which seems good value because as I write this review the price offered by Amazon is now £69.99! Not sure I would have paid for them at that price.
on 31 January 2013
These are a nice pair of headphones. The build quality is adequate, but not high-end (compared to Shure se-215 for example they feel fragile). The fit is very good at least for me. The mic is excellent, though the plastic piece for the volume controls and mic is kind of big and plasticky. The sound isolation is good enough for commuting and walking around in the city. The sound itself isn't awful but it's not for audiophiles or even audiophile wannabes like me. For casual listening when out and about it's OK, but if you start paying attention to what you are listening to, the sound feels too bassy and a bit muddy. Again it's not bad (and coming from lower end earbuds they will be a very pleasant surprise), but don't expect to get more in the sound department than you are paying for.
All in all I like them for casual listening and using them with my iphone/ipad: they feel natural in the ear, they keep out enough noise, the aesthetics are distinct and they're good for answering calls/skyping. But the sound quality is just well... casual.
on 10 March 2013
Bought these as a cheap alternative to my bose qc's for the first few hours of use I was disappointed but after the earphones had time to warm in I was pleasantly surprised I have used these earphones un eq'd on my phone 5 listening to Rihanna, Avril Lavigne, Gucci mane and Bob Marley and they perform more than satisfactory on all
on 17 February 2014
Fantastic sound. Includes a range of gromits to allow a better fit. Seem quite ethical, even use a peice of hemp rope to tie up the cable instead of plastic twisty tie, although they have used vacum formed plastic in the packaging, could have used cardboard.

love the look, wood on the headphones and the jamacian colours on the cord.
on 29 May 2015
Don't buy these.

* The cord actually does cause significant interference to the audio. If you are walking, you'll have a loud scratching/booming sound. Very annoying and pretty much in itself makes this product a loser.
* The little metallic logo on the side of the buds (you can see them in the picture) fall off easily. They are just glued on badly.
* Aside from the noise of the fabric cord, using this with an iPhone, I've had interferance on my phonecalls - dropped calls, random hangups, the poeple I talk to say they here a loud static sound like the reception is bad. Unplug the headphones and the call is clear as a bell. These buds hung up my call which was a phone interview for a job. They're not usable as a hands free kit.
* The microphone picks up a lot of ambient noise and seems to be very loud for the other caller.

I've seen these buds on sale in Tescos also for £20. They are really bad, I should have listened to the negative reviews before buying!
on 8 February 2014
I really cannot fault these in any way. The earphones look and feel like a quality product and the red gold and green cable is distinctive and stylish. The remote control with built in microphone is simple to operate and really performs well connected to my iphone 5. The buds fit really comfortably and are not intrusive in any way. Best of all the sound is amazing. I have a particular song reserved to test out any new earphones and I must say these buds really sound great. (for any reggae connoisseurs out deh the tune I use is Prophecy by Fabian).
All I say is WOW!!!!!
on 16 October 2015
For the past 12 months I have had a pair of urBeats which unfortunately went missing over last weekend. I was really pleased with the beats however I was a bit reluctant to pay 50+ potentially for another pair. After trawling through many reviews I took a gamble on these House of Marley - Redemption Song head phones.

When they arrived I thought they were gonna be a bit crap when I saw the recycled packages and they were wrapped in twine but they're honestly class! The bass is booming.

I would definitely recommend.
on 20 November 2013
Superb sound quality on a budget. I really love them and I got them so cheap this time. I owned them before but lost them and was gutted. This was the first pair ever where the cable did not give up. Usually I end up after a year or so with just one side working and the connector on the other ear gets broken. Not with these ones. They are very robust. And on top of it they give you excellent sound. I am very happy with them. And they were delivered very fast.
on 18 September 2014
I was a bit disappointed to find that they were made for Apple products only, wasn’t made aware of this till i opened the package. This meant that the headphones didn't work well with my Nokia Lumia 625, which I was a bit annoyed with as I spent £42 on the product.

Other than this disappointing start the sound quality is really good as I tried it on my Ipad. I would only recommend these only to people with Apple products, otherwise you cant get the best use out of the headphones.
on 27 November 2013
I usually only pay £15 max for iphone headphones but they all develope problems especially with the Vol/Mic.

The build quality of these earphones is superb so hear is hoping they last. Sound quality and bass output is also the best I've ever heard. Made a call while walking down a busy street yesterday my friend said the voice clarity at her end was excellent and thought I was calling from indoors because the was no background noise.

I'm a happy Bunny :-)))