on 7 November 2012
Stir it up, little darlings!! Quite simply the best headphones I have ever owned and trust me I've had a few. Stylish, excellent quality which sound as good as their natty looks. Wicked bass depth, crisp bright treble and moody mid tones for a crucial all round sound. What are you waiting for, your ears will thank you for years!!
on 23 November 2012
Christmas present this time last year. Loved it, packed beautifully, look fantastic, nicely balanced sound (not amazing but definately not awful), great carrying case. Great for travel or a fashion item. Default is it comes with a six month warranty, (extensions are also available I believe?) they fell to peices after seven months. Agreed they were battered around slightly, but not enough for them to break that easily that soon. Shame really, I loved them whilst they lasted.
on 25 December 2014
I received these headphones as a gift and I have to say they look and feel great but sound terrible. The low end seems bottomless but the mid is garbled and the treble is often tinny. Combine this with the poor durability (as per the other reviews) and it becomes clear why they are selling for a third of the RRP. Looks are not everything; you can do better for the money and I mean the discounted price.
These are not Android friendly.
on 16 July 2015
They don't sound that great, they don't last very long, I paid full retail for them when they came out and feeling pretty ripped off right now as see them going so much cheaper. I had to return the first set within 1 - 2 years and unfortunately my replacement set just broken... they won't take them back a second time as the warranty is the life of the purchase not the product and the recent failure is incredibly disappointing considering how much I paid... to spend that much money, have to return them, and then for them to just fall apart. I have been in discussion with their support staff and they aren't interested in doing anything other than offering me 30% discount from their chain of stores, which are pretty cheap and nasty.

Gone for some AKG phones to replace them, they sound better, a fraction of the cost, more compact and a better warranty.

I give them two stars for novelty and the enjoyment I originally had from them, if you got cash to spare, and you don't care how long they will last, could be a fun, disposable purchase... warranty is 3 years too, so, if you don't mind sending them back when they break.
on 24 March 2013
We got these for my son with his Christmas money after he looked at many makes and models. Delivery time was fast and all was well until 2 months after receipt when one ear pice stopped working. I am currently looking into repair/replacement but the Amazon return date has passed so it will have to be with the supplier.
on 9 January 2014
As a lover of music, I've always wanted a good set of headphones. So when a friend visited my home wearing these headphones, I had to try them.

And I was blow away with the quality, power and precision.

I've tried headphones which cost double the price of these Marleys and nothing has come close.

The only problem is the cable. It's a double-ended M-M 3.5mm jack; one plugging into your device and the other into the headphones itself. I've had to return the cable for replacement twice but this third cable has lasted longer than the other two combined and with Amazon's and Marley's comprehensive guarantees, you'd have nothing to worry about.

If you buy them, you won't be disappointed. Until the cable breaks.
on 28 December 2011
The problem with reviews is that most are used for negative feedback. It's rare to read a positive review, or at least one that is helpful. I hope this helps you but I would always recommend you try any product yourself and make your own mind up.

I was in the HMV store in Westfield Shopping Mall (London) 27/12/11, when I decided to test a few headphones. The Marley Stir It Up pair quite simply resembled a piece of art. They have an amazing feel to them and sound good as well. I am sure there are headphones around for less money that sound better. You have to decide what you want. We buy things because we like them and because they tick most or all of the boxes. These tick all of my boxes. I didn't buy them because Amazon are selling them for a better price. At the moment I am still debating on should I, shouldn't I?
Yes they are expensive, but when you consider what has gone into making them there is no way you could make something like this for less, and still make a profit.

The other point is they are designed for the iPhone. You can change the volume with the inline buttons and what is a really nice touch is the cord also "plugs" into the headphones. So if you need to remove them quickly there is no danger of snagging or stretching the cable. It has a built in mike, so you can take calls and if you want to show off you can remove the cable from the headphones and stick it in the Aux input of a beat box to play your latest hit track at your friends house! How cool would that be.

To finish, it all comes down to what you want from a pair of headphones. If you don't fall in love with them when you see and feel them they are definitely not for you. If they pass the love & feel test - the deciding factor is going to be the quality of the sound which is always very subjective.
on 17 February 2013
THE GOOD:

1) Excellent sound
2) Good build - they feel solid
3) Look fantastic
4) Canvas bad is good
5) Really good at blocking out external sounds
6) Very little sound leak (good for the quiet carriage on the train)

THE BAD
1) They do pinch the ears - after a few days it goes away but they are not the most comfortable - (I have big head - I'm 1900mm six foot three)
2) Phone link - Not they don't work with my Samsung S3, only the stop /start button works - No one can hear you on calls, but you can hear them. up down volume does not work
3) The snapping headband problem - seems to happen a lot - look it up

Overall very happy
on 20 December 2012
Loved these headphones from day 1!

Pros:
-Great build quality
-Amazing crystal clear sound
-Lovely wooden finish which looks absolutely stunning
-Reasonably priced

Cons:
-Can be slightly tight on your head but not too of an issue.
-Even though I don't have an Iphone or Ipod etc, the 3 button mic doesn't come in use which I'm not too bothered about. However the plastic button casing has fallen off a couple of times exposing the wires and soldering inside. Maybe a bit loose? I do use these headphones on a daily basis though. :D

Overall it's a fantastic piece of kit. Well worth it.
on 31 December 2012
Once again, House of Marley comes up trumps.
Sound quality - as expected, of the highest order throughout the range. The only downside is a slight overpowering of the lower frequencies. However, this is a usual trait of closed back phones - it's the price you pay for keeping your music to yourself.
Build - what can I say, stonking good build. Solid as a rock, quality material choice, and looks are darned good too.
Comfort - had them on for up to an hour with no probs so far.
It might be a bit picky to only give this four stars, if you are accepting of the slightly excessive bass levels, this would be worth 5 stars.