5.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome sound and look, it doesn't get better!
I wanted headphones for my new iPhone 4s and also to use with my iPod Classic and I searched and researched for almost 2 hours online on Amazon and elsewhere before settling on these.

I read dozens and dozens of reviews before purchasing and tried to ensure that it wasn't just the *look* of these headphones that had me buying.

I made an excellent...
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Celticprincess

3.0 out of 5 stars Great until one side stopped working
We got these for my son with his Christmas money after he looked at many makes and models. Delivery time was fast and all was well until 2 months after receipt when one ear pice stopped working. I am currently looking into repair/replacement but the Amazon return date has passed so it will have to be with the supplier.
Published 17 months ago by Steph1932

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome sound and look, it doesn't get better!, 30 Dec 2011
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: House of Marley Stir It Up Harvest Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Aluminium (Electronics)

I made an excellent choice, they really are *totally awesome*

The build quality is EXCEPTIONAL (and I like exceptional build quality, that matters to me) and they look fabulous when I put them on, they look so good and they feel so good and they fit so well and ... and ... yeah! the sound is fantastic. I'm no DJ but I love my music and I know what sounds good with headphones and these surpass any others I have either bought or tried (and I am a premium brand girl)

I love these - that says it all really.

Oh, by the way, you get a wonderful carry/storage case with them that looks good, houses them good and also with exceptional build quality.

All in all, these headphones are worth every single penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Darlings!!, 7 Nov 2012
Stir it up, little darlings!! Quite simply the best headphones I have ever owned and trust me I've had a few. Stylish, excellent quality which sound as good as their natty looks. Wicked bass depth, crisp bright treble and moody mid tones for a crucial all round sound. What are you waiting for, your ears will thank you for years!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ethos, Good looks, good sound, unusual and stylish, 7 Oct 2013
The first thing that strikes me about these 'phones is the build quality - pictures do not do them justice. There is a weighty feeling to the cast aluminium earpieces. The rasta stripes are three separate rings of anodized aluminium. The beech wood is perfectly finished.
On to the sound. In the context of fashion headphones they are good, but not neutral like some audiophile sets: Firstly isolation is very good for an on-ear rather than over-ear headphone. Bass goes really deep and is powerful but not overpowering. Mids are clear in the main but can occasionally show a little boxiness at bit like the AGK K450. Extreme highs are rolled off in a similar way to the Beats "Solo", so there is no sibiliance and a smooth but not sparkling sound.
Some reviews describe the cable failing. It is a real beauty with a rasta woven fabric outer and gunmetal remote. It is removeable as it plugs in to a 3.5mm jack on the left earphone. If it does go eventually, there are lots of generic 3.5mm "aux" cable available for a couple of pounds. I tested it with a "beats" cable which worked just fine.
I got these as a present for my teenage son as I couldn't bring myself to buy beats. He is well pleased with them, thinks they are cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars A functional piece of art, 28 Dec 2011
Steve (Watford, UK) - See all my reviews
The problem with reviews is that most are used for negative feedback. It's rare to read a positive review, or at least one that is helpful. I hope this helps you but I would always recommend you try any product yourself and make your own mind up.

I was in the HMV store in Westfield Shopping Mall (London) 27/12/11, when I decided to test a few headphones. The Marley Stir It Up pair quite simply resembled a piece of art. They have an amazing feel to them and sound good as well. I am sure there are headphones around for less money that sound better. You have to decide what you want. We buy things because we like them and because they tick most or all of the boxes. These tick all of my boxes. I didn't buy them because Amazon are selling them for a better price. At the moment I am still debating on should I, shouldn't I?
Yes they are expensive, but when you consider what has gone into making them there is no way you could make something like this for less, and still make a profit.

The other point is they are designed for the iPhone. You can change the volume with the inline buttons and what is a really nice touch is the cord also "plugs" into the headphones. So if you need to remove them quickly there is no danger of snagging or stretching the cable. It has a built in mike, so you can take calls and if you want to show off you can remove the cable from the headphones and stick it in the Aux input of a beat box to play your latest hit track at your friends house! How cool would that be.

To finish, it all comes down to what you want from a pair of headphones. If you don't fall in love with them when you see and feel them they are definitely not for you. If they pass the love & feel test - the deciding factor is going to be the quality of the sound which is always very subjective.

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones, 15 Aug 2012
The sound on the headphones is great, very clear and the bass is very good but does not overpower everything else, which is what my beats tend to do.

They do not feel too tight on my head, unlike some other reviews(although i may just have a small head). They are well padded too, both on the headband part and the ear bits.

They are well worth the price and would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant headphones I can just recommend for everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought For My BF.. Now I Want One!, 22 May 2014
When this product arrived i was sold by the design of it alone.
When i took it out and tested the sound quality, i was jealous that i'd only days prior brought the Skullcandy Aviator
The max volume is louder and honestly i just think its a better product than my Skullcandy all round.

Oh and BF is well pleased with it too. We would def recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 5 April 2014
I love it. The bass is excellent. I can listen to music and block out the world, but still know what is going on around me. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for great quality headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars decent quality and comfort, 31 Mar 2014
Quality pair of headphones. Bought for a friend's bday present. I took them out of the box to test and they do not disappoint. Ultra comfortable and amazing sound, not to mention they look great too!

Item took a little while to arrive but all good when it did:).

You won't be sorry at a price of 69!

This deserves a 5 star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars The tightest sound this side of 500, 9 Jan 2014
As a lover of music, I've always wanted a good set of headphones. So when a friend visited my home wearing these headphones, I had to try them.

And I was blow away with the quality, power and precision.

I've tried headphones which cost double the price of these Marleys and nothing has come close.

The only problem is the cable. It's a double-ended M-M 3.5mm jack; one plugging into your device and the other into the headphones itself. I've had to return the cable for replacement twice but this third cable has lasted longer than the other two combined and with Amazon's and Marley's comprehensive guarantees, you'd have nothing to worry about.

If you buy them, you won't be disappointed. Until the cable breaks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›