5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but unluckily not the updated version.
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by Andy

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality of the Package...
Sound ok for this price range, but cardboard from the package leaves signs on the wood headband!
Bad surface treatment from used wood.
Headphones go back!
Published 9 months ago by Gregor Wollnik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but unluckily not the updated version., 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: House of Marley Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Exodus Harvest (Wireless Phone Accessory)
To start off, shipping from UK to Germany took 3 days so that was a pleasant surprise. I am also really impressed by the headphones as the build quality is remarkable and they look even better when you hold them in your hands. The sound is way better than what you would get from headphones in the price range and even outperform headphones that cost more (i.e. Beats)! All in all I am very pleased with these headphones, the only drawback is that I got a pair of the first revision without adjustable Earpieces.

From Jan. 2012 the new Model is adjustable (earpiece can clip into each of the three buttons seen on the outside, mine only utilize the middle one) and the leather headstrap spring is not as firm (while moving around they move upwards a bit, other reviews state that the tension relaxes after using them for a while), so I got a bit unlucky. Still no reason for me to send them back and wait for the newer model. I love them and can recommend them to anyone who is looking for a stylish headphone with great sound quality but does not want the standard plastic you see everyone else wearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Bose, 20 Dec 2011
A. Hilton-owen (uk) - See all my reviews
Had a set of bose returned them as the approx £300 price tag didn't I felt deliver £300 worth of quality. Had these bought as a gift and what an excellent suprise. Comfortable, excellent sound quality and out shines the bose in terms of Qulaity for your £. Got to say very impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars headphones, 16 Jan 2013
Danderberg (Kingston upon Thames) - See all my reviews
I ain't no audio expert but I know what I like.
Gives me the bass I need.
The noise cancelling works.
Good tight fit.
Rock on Tommy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly underrated. Tried & tested with DJ's, 18 Feb 2014
Mr. C. Kay "Gadget Connoisseur" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
- INTRO -
I've always been a fan of HoM headphones and these Exodus' have been on my radar since being released, tempted even at the original £100 asking price too. I was quick enough to get these at quite frankly a steal direct from Amazon for pennies over £37 and worth every single penny.

- APPEARANCE -
These look amazing - the wooden band feels strong and it looks and feels very premium. The earcups themselves feel solid - the aluminum is cold to the touch and adds a bit of class. It takes a fair bit of force to pop the earcups out of the 'button' so they won't come off unless you want them too. In the end, the middle button which they are set to by default was the perfect fit for me. The cabling is again, fantastic. I do wish the cabling was a bit thicker as the thinness doesn't fill me with a great deal of faith, but they looks great, and they haven't tangled on me once despite a lot of usage.

- THE PERFORMANCE -
First impressions... Wow. I am blown away with everything about these headphones. They look amazing, they feel amazing, and are incredibly comfortable. If the headband on headphones are too tight/stiff it's easy to feel nauseous from it or develop headaches - the adjustable headband on these have perfect elasticity and have so far been tested on 5 different shaped heads ranging from small to large, egg to football. All have commented the same on their comfort. The earpads themselves have a fantastic 'seal' - I can hear very little outside noise even without music playing, and that's on a busy public bus. As a result, your ears will heat up but not to uncomfortable levels. External sound leakage is also not a problem - at a fairly good audio level (around 70% on my Note 3) it's difficult to hear anything if you're a passer by, so are great for commuters.

I have tested these with a range of music styles and genres and have yet to find something that doesn't sound amazing. As a benchmark I have tried "Above & Beyond - Acoustics" (vocals), "Nero - Welcome Reality" (bass), "J. Cole - Born Sinner" (instruments & vocals), and everything in between from Mozart, Orjan Nilsen, Birds of Tokyo, Hurts, Fall Out Boy... Basically what I'm saying is these headphones have unbelievable range and compatibility and everything just feels alive.

- FINAL WORDS -
Fantastic headphones in every sense of the word and at the current ~£50 price, absolutely worth it. They look brilliant, and unusual without sticking out like a sore thumb. Would look out of place wearing gym gear, but spot in if you're smart-casual. They have have a nice pouch (not your usual cheap 'bags' like with most) to store away when not in use. They sound truly fantastic with everything I've thrown at it - everything sounds alive and exciting. The bass doesn't feel forced or artificial like most 'Beats' do. I have about £1k worth of earphones/headphones and these are my new favourite "all-rounders".

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones, 17 Mar 2013
Beautiful looking and an amazing sound quality, clear with a strong and powerful bass. The best headphones i'd ever owned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, 28 Jun 2014
Z. Furniss (Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
For the money, these headphones are superb, in fact they would be good for the money had I paid more!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic quality, 6 May 2014
Great detail, great bass, great ambience, very very comfortable and they look great ... in fact pretty perfect especially at half price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones I've ever had, 12 April 2014
Couldn't believe my luck when I saw these on offer as have been admiring them in hmv for yeeeears, but no way I was paying a hundred quid for headphones when I've been stung before on expensive cans (I'm looking at you Bose). So stylish, very comfortable and just great sound with plenty of base. They can wear the late great bob's name with pride.

Note - I did have to return the first 2 pairs due to problems, but these were the old design. My current pair is the new. No harm as the amazon returns process was first class and so easy. Even got my new sets before the old ones were returned. Plus extra customer care on the second return so top marks there. Just bad luck I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Mar 2014
I love these headphones and everything about them form the epic, rustic feel, design to the incredible sound quality. It also has a wonderful one size fits all leather+elastic strap design that makes them incredibly comfy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Mar 2014
Bought for my nephew and by all accounts he loves them !! Hopefully he takes more care of these than he did his last headphones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›