Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 October 2011
Another miserable Saturday Morning cleaning, then the post man brought me Steps on CD and DVD! How my day changed!!! Put the DVD straight on and I was taken back to sunshine and happier days! Our lives at the moment in the UK are a bit miserable with all that's going on so why not forget it all and boogie on down with steps, cheesy maybe, fun definitely, just up beat feel good songs with the odd slow one thrown in obviously - I would definitely recommend this to any steps fan, and if your not a steps fan and you want something to make you smile and have a happy feel good theme then this is for you.
Can't praise it enough - buy it!!!!
VINE VOICEon 15 October 2011
From the moment they first made their way into the charts in late 1997 hollering 'It's time to begin, now count it in - 5, 6, 7, 8!', Steps were never looked upon as cool or credible by certainly the more serious side of the music press. And they're still not really, when you think about it - how many so called critics and tabloid hacks came out the woodwork to ironically announce that it was a 'Tragedy' they were reuniting for their hit Sky Living show 'Steps Reunion', this re-activated greatest hits and a new tour? And yet, in the face of all this, when you're reminded of their statistics - 15 consecutive top 10 hits, 20 million record sales worldwide, countless sold out tours, 2 UK number 1 singles and albums each and a BRIT award, you'd look a bit silly to argue with those statistics.

But I know what you're thinking - would you be silly? Whilst it's true that 'The Ultimate Collection' is essentially the same album as 2001's 'Gold: The Greatest Hits' that they released just before their acrimonious split (albeit with the addition of a passable cover of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" - personally I'd have liked the 1999 BRITs ABBA Medley they did with B*Witched, Cleopatra, Billie Piper and Tina Cousins far more), when you're reminded of those wistful, glorious pop moments, you begin to realise that more often than not, Steps always got it right - they knew their pop music the best out of any other acts that were around the same time as them in their heyday and it showed from the amount of success they had. And even as someone who was always more loyal to S Club 7 (there, I've said it!), it would take someone with a very cold heart indeed to deny the pure beauty of classics like 'One For Sorrow', 'Deeper Shade Of Blue' and 'It's The Way You Make Me Feel' - arguably 3 of the best pop records released in the last 20 years. Hopefully, as with Take That and their huge success before them, this is the start of a fresh new chapter to even bigger and better things for Steps.
on 24 January 2012
Living in Canada, I never got to experience the Steps phenomenon in full gear. Their records were released in Canada (usually in abridged versions). But rarely were their songs played on the radio and I don't think I ever saw any of their videos played on television. That is the reason why I recommend the 2-disc version of "The Ultimate Collection". Disc 1 features their hits in CD format, while Disc 2 features their music videos in DVD format. Since their videos were not aired in Canada, this was the first time I had an opportunity to watch their video clips. The quality of the DVD is very good; the picture is clear and crisp and the sound is fine (2-channel stereo but no 5.1).

Steps may be written off as cheesy, and perhaps they are a guilty pleasure, but there is no denying the pop brilliance of "One for Sorrow", "Heartbeat", "Tragedy", "Better Best Forgotten" and the charming "It's the Way You Make Me Feel". Their songs still sound fresh even over a decade later. What's even more impressive is how many hits Steps amassed in such a short period (1997 to 2001). Their latest song, a cover version of "Dancing Queen" is a bit lazy and uninspired. But try not to smile while listening to their marathon of hits; I'm sure that won't be easy.
on 19 October 2011
As a huge fan of Steps when I was young, I was filled with joy when I saw that this CD was on sale. When it finally arrived in the post, I was certainly not disappointed. The CD is very reasonably priced and contains all of the old favourites such as "5,6,7,8", "Stomp", "Better Best Forgotten", "Love's Got a Hold on My Heart" and many more. Although the CD did contain one new song, "Dancing Queen", I would have liked to have seen a few more new songs. However, on the whole, I greatly enjoyed listening to this CD. Can't wait till the tour!
on 11 October 2011
This is great for any steps fans to add to their collection, Steps are the ultimate 90/00s band who catapulted onto the scene with their debut single based on line dancing and were the most successful band ever even winning a brit for best live act.
Includes all singles except words are not enough instead replaced with i know him so well since it was a double a side single.
Even get a dvd or all their videos which is great to,
They made announce that they will tour together for the first time in 10 years in april and i so cant wait
highly recommend buying this album if you looking for some great party music
on 13 October 2011
Feel good happy STEPS at their best....so happy they are back. If you are feeling down this album will sort you out
on 30 November 2011
fantastic album....bought it for my mum and she loves it. it also has a new single on the album which is a bonus....would really recommend to buy for all those step fans...xx
on 10 November 2011
I love the Steps Ultimate Collectio on cd and dvd,it arrived today and when I got back after being out the first thing I did was put it on my computer to listen to while I surfed the internet,brillient songs and Steps still are the same as they were a few years ago,I am glad they reformed as I cant get enough of their music.

Welcome back Steps! and if you havent got this collection buy it today,you wont regret it,lovely music you can dance to or for any occassion.
on 1 May 2012
I brought this legendary album last year in October as soon as it was released. I already owned the ''Gold greatest hits album'' but obviously me being a massive fan just had to purchase this album. The white version is better as it includes a DVD with all the music videos on. I really do not understand why they missed out ''Words Are Not Enough'' on the CD yet they include it on the DVD. If anyone knows the reason for this then feel free to comment on my review. I am over the moon that STEPS are back together touring! its like a dream come true literally. I saw them back in 1999 at Manchester for the ''Next Step Live'' concert, and now I've seen them most recently at the London 02 Arena on the 19th April & 20th. Yes thats right TWO concert dates I attended and my god wasn't it worth the money as I was sat at the very front row for both nights and I saw every facial expression from all the STEPSIES. Very proud of the pictures and videos I managed to take. My favourite all time STEPS song has to be ''Stomp''. I FOREVER replayed it like a broken record years ago and drove my household's ears insane! suprised they didnt kick me out haha. Buy this and remember why this amazing, talented, Abba the second band were loved to peices.
on 27 April 2012
I have been a Steps fan for 15 years since i first saw the video to "5,6,7,8" i have been to 2 Steps tours now and any i didn't go to i own on VHS or DVD and was gutted when they split on boxing day 20012 having just got a bunch of steps stuff for christmas.

So you can imagine my joy when they announced the reunion show on sky living followed by 2 versions of a new greatest hits album one of which would include a dvd and of course the tour (i went to London to see it on 19th April - bring on the dvd)and now series 2 of the sky living documentaries following Steps on the tour - what a year it has been.

Now for the product, i own both versions the black and the white one i got the black one myself on release day then for christmas 2011 my grandad got me this one with the dvd and i absolutely love it. Firstly a greatest hits album that features you'll be sorry (unlike Gold) is a winner but to give me all my favourite Steps songs not only on cd but the ability to enjoy all the original videos on DVD (i had the gold VHS - but this is better) is the best thing of all about this CD/DVD combo not to mention both disks feature all my favourite Steps songs.